News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Fembrogon

A big haul from HobbyLink Japan arrived yesterday - the Kaiyodo Sofubi T.rex and a whole bunch of Takara Tomy figures:

I think these are just about all of the prehistoric figures available from Tomy, save the new JW figures, the Pteranodon, and - apparently - an older Spinosaurus sculpt I noticed on the boxes' art.

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

You stretch my teeth with Kaiyodo's tyrannosaurus. I'm still waiting for them (Brett has not received them yet) and for the Takara Tomy dinosaurs are some works of art smilodon, triceratops, ankylosaurus and neardenthal among other beauties.

I'm happy for you. Congratulations!

Die_Maulquappe

Hello there I watched your impressive and awsome showed collection.

I have a question because i dont find any side by side picture.

How big is the (old) PSNO Triceratops (the grey)  compared too the newer one Triceratops Doyle (with base)?
Its 1:20 too 1:35 i know... but is the bigger one too big for the PSNO or Rebor 1:35 T.rex?

I bought the Triceratops Doyle (with base) and compared too the Rebor T.Rex 1:35 it looks like a not full grown compared.

Do u have a side by side picture?

thx
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MiezeMatze on July 01, 2018, 09:48:35 AM
Hello there I watched your impressive and awsome showed collection.

I have a question because i dont find any side by side picture.

How big is the (old) PSNO Triceratops (the grey)  compared too the newer one Triceratops Doyle (with base)?
Its 1:20 too 1:35 i know... but is the bigger one too big for the PSNO or Rebor 1:35 T.rex?

I bought the Triceratops Doyle (with base) and compared too the Rebor T.Rex 1:35 it looks like a not full grown compared.

Do u have a side by side picture?

thx

Hello,

You are in the wrong thread.
This is the "Recent Acquisition" thread.
There is a right thread for what you're asking:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4081.560

Regards
:)

Jose S.M.

This beauties arrived yesterday! the Iguanodon is huge but so great and the Proceratosaurus is lovely, has nice details and I like that , since the teeth are not painted, from distance it looks like it has lips.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M.   the iguanodon of Collecta and protoceratosaurus of PNSO are two very good figures. Unfortunately my protoceratosaurus of PNSO have problems of sustainability, in my case it happens if the legs and the plastic base. The same can be said of the majungasaurus and the allosaurus of PNSO.

Jose S.M.

The Proceratosaurus is leaning to it's left a tiny bit but if it bends more I will do what I did for the collecta Lythronax and Bistahieversor, which were practically parallel to the ground at some point, place something  under the base to angle it like the figures are in their correct original position.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 01, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
This beauties arrived yesterday! the Iguanodon is huge but so great and the Proceratosaurus is lovely, has nice details and I like that , since the teeth are not painted, from distance it looks like it has lips.

A good pair.  I love that Iguanodon immensely - such a good figure.  The artwork is great with Proceratosaurus - I find the inclusion of a lovely illustration really adds to any model.

AcroSauroTaurus

More Jurassic World stuff... and a Ring-tail Lemur and mutated crocodile...

I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

My order from Minizoo arrived. Have to say, 2018 is CollectA's best assortment ever. I really hope they continue to branch out into more non-dinosaurs next year!

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

In this photograph avatar_suspsy @suspsy  you can see all your beautiful prehistoric animals. I really like the red-colored ceratosaurus and the stemmenosuchus of Collecta every day I see that it is the closest thing to the mammalian reptile that I longed for more than twenty years ago.

On the other hand the gomphoterium looks majestic and very well finished. It does not do justice to the photographs or the exhibition or promotional photography.

The brontosaurus is not large enough to be a sauropod but it is an acceptable size considering that it is a standard Collecta XL figure.

paintingdinos

Had a gift waiting for me when I got home today! First impressions are that I LOVE this little model. Thank you so much for getting it to me safely, and very quickly!

Next to a couple of tiny krentz models who have also been waiting for some TLC.

Lone Trike

Thank you for the feedback, Alexa! I´m glad you like it and that it arrived safely! I´m always pretty excited when I ship packages overseas. Did you have to pay any customs fees? Would be interesting to know!
I can´t wait to see how you will paint it  :)
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

paintingdinos

Quote from: Lone Trike on July 03, 2018, 11:28:04 AM
Thank you for the feedback, Alexa! I´m glad you like it and that it arrived safely! I´m always pretty excited when I ship packages overseas. Did you have to pay any customs fees? Would be interesting to know!
I can´t wait to see how you will paint it  :)

Nope, no fees! I've never had to pay anything to customs, and I've had models shipped from all over (Russia, Italy, China, UK). At least I didn't know about it if I did- could be some of the sellers rolled the price into the upfront cost.

I'll certainly let you know once its painted!

Fembrogon

These big boys arrived yesterday:

I'm very pleased to have them all in my collection now. Tyrannosaurus, in particular, really demands attention. Doug Watson's sculpt bears a sense of mass and might that makes my Carnegie, my Battat/Terra, and my new Kaiyodo Sofubi look like lightweights. It doesn't hurt that it's a genuinely heavy toy!!

Jose S.M.

Lovely figures! It's nice that they are in scale with each other coming from the same places, I hope we'll get a 1:35 Edmontosaurus eventually to complete the "big ones" from Hell Creek.

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Good haul. Those are definitely some of my most favorite recent Safari Ltd figures (although I love all the ones in my collection).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PhilSauria

Good selection indeed, though I wouldn't put that rex near the edge of a shelf or wherever you display is because there is quite a high chance that it will eventually start falling over.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: