News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Here are my three newest acquisitions, Sideshow Apatosaurus, and the re-released Kaiyodo vinyl Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. I have no room to display them, so they are staying boxed for now.

Big thanks to Dan for the apato!

The colors of the Kaiyodos are disappointing. The "brown" color should have been called yellow, and the "green" color should have been called cyan or sea-green. I find I don't really prefer one over the other.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 29, 2012, 06:50:41 PM
My latest acquisitions, courtesy of mnemosaurus:

Bunch of Series 1 and 5 Kaiyodosaurs:

Bandai Pteranodon

That Carnotaurus is soooo pretty...  ^-^

Just so you know Roselaarl, the fish with the Pteranodon is probably and ichthyodectid of some kind (I think I have it down as Gillicus, but that would be too big--maybe one more like Chirocentrites (it's the jaw and tail shape that gives away the family)

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on September 29, 2012, 08:23:54 PM
Just so you know Roselaarl, the fish with the Pteranodon is probably and ichthyodectid of some kind (I think I have it down as Gillicus, but that would be too big--maybe one more like Chirocentrites (it's the jaw and tail shape that gives away the family)

Thanks for the heads-up. Great to see Bandai would bother with such details. However, since it's not named and the exact species remains a guess, I'll keep this one of the Unique Species Thread, until something definite about it pops up.

Seijun, excellent catches there!

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 29, 2012, 08:26:11 PM
Quote from: SBell on September 29, 2012, 08:23:54 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Great to see Bandai would bother with such details. However, since it's not named and the exact species remains a guess, I'll keep this one of the Unique Species Thread, until something definite about it pops up.

Seijun, excellent catches there!

you could refer to it as an ichtyodectid fish--other than Malcolm's Xiphactinus, I think that's about it for the family.

Balaur

I've recently acquired the new Safari Vagaceratops! I'll post pics soon of him in a diorama!    ;D

Also, Im going to get something from Safari soon...

H.Toku

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 12, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
Today I got a SEGA Vignetteum Amargasaurus :D.
Oh boy - what a wonderful figure it is! I wasn't really aware of that :-[.

Hello postsaurischian,
This Amarugasaurus is my work.
Thank you for your getting and informed the Amargasaurus.

sauroid

wow H. Toku. great piece. i also have the sega vig Amargasaurus. awesome acquisition postsaurischian. ^_^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sauroid

retro monochrome T.rex from the early 90s

Triceratops from the same line
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pilkington

Some stuff I got for my birthday a few weeks ago:

My friends and family surprised me by getting me some dinosaur stuff this year!

*Please excuse the non-dinosaur items, I originally used this picture for something else.*
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Blackdanter

Early Christmas present from my lovely wife!  ^-^

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters

Individual pics and comment in the relevent section  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: H.Toku on October 01, 2012, 06:21:05 AM
Hello postsaurischian,
This Amarugasaurus is my work.
Thank you for your getting and informed the Amargasaurus.

:D  ..... I guess you're Hirokazu Tokugawa - cool - I love your work!
I didn't know the Amargasaurus was sculpted by you - makes it even better to own the figure ;D.

Welcome to the forum - it's great to have you on board :)!

Quote from: Blackdanter on October 02, 2012, 02:42:51 PM

:o  Waaahh, I want the Guanlong!!!

darylj

Newbies!

[attachment msg=20464][/attachment]

Jetoar

Quote from: Blackdanter on October 02, 2012, 02:42:51 PM
Early Christmas present from my lovely wife!  ^-^

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters

Individual pics and comment in the relevent section  ;)

Good acquisitions, your wife have done a great present for you ^-^. Congratulations
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pilkington

I came across this old Carnegie Rex in a thrift store today.  He's kind of beat up but I justified getting it because I didn't have a Carnegie Rex with this paint job and it was only 79ยข.

If you wanna be alone, come with me

sauroid

kaiyodo animatales kitadiniryu variants

sega dinosaur king minis

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) Now to find someone who trades the brown and green version for the one you have a spare one of! Won't be easy but then you have all four.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Ikessauro

Got some Bullyland mammals today, Mammoth, Deinotherium, Andrewsarchus, some hominids. But you all know those, the one I wanna show is this:

Baurutitan britoi, made by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento. The color was based on one of the Melissa Frankford's drawings, from a Saltasaurus actually.

More pictures here: http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj221/ikessauro/Baurutitan/

Gwangi

CollectA Pachyrhinosaurus, Kaiyodo Apatosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus skeleton and yes, there is a body attached to that leg. It's "Big Red", the Kenner Tyrannosaurus. More pictures of her in my collection thread.

Jetoar

Good acquisitions, especially the big red  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Quote from: Gwangi on October 09, 2012, 12:02:10 AM
CollectA Pachyrhinosaurus, Kaiyodo Apatosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus skeleton and yes, there is a body attached to that leg. It's "Big Red", the Kenner Tyrannosaurus. More pictures of her in my collection thread.

Yeah, that big rex is awesome, I've yet to get one. Last year I found the Thrasher in used condition, not the best shape, but I paid R$30,00 reais for it, shipping included. In US dollar it's like 15 bucks. It's so nice to find such rarities, right?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: