News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 08, 2012, 08:18:39 PM
Baurutitan britoi, made by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.

Wow :D! The 5th model - what scale is this one? Do you have any comparison pic?

Ademar Pereira do Nascimento is quite talented! I like the scales, fine details and his colours :).

sauroid

that's a beautiful figure Ikessauro.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sauroid

Quote from: brontodocus on October 07, 2012, 02:31:21 PM
Congrats, sauroid! :) Now to find someone who trades the brown and green version for the one you have a spare one of! Won't be easy but then you have all four.
thanks brontodocus. i really do want to complete all the kitadiniryu variants and i hope to be able to find the rest soon.

some more new(ish) acquisitions.
kaiyodo dinotales series 1 Brontotherium variants

kabaya dinoworld plesiosaurus

kabaya dinoworld Triceratops

bandai Triceratops

sega dinosaur king stegosaurus mini fig
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 09, 2012, 10:39:06 AM
Baurutitan britoi, made by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.

Wow :D! The 5th model - what scale is this one? Do you have any comparison pic?

Ademar Pereira do Nascimento is quite talented! I like the scales, fine details and his colours :).

It's 1:20 scale. I'll provide some comparision shots soon. I really love the model detail, the colours I had to send Ademar a reference image, he usually does not like to paint big animals like this in vivid colors :))

Roselaar

Baurutitan britoi, made by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento. The color was based on one of the Melissa Frankford's drawings, from a Saltasaurus actually.

In the assumption that this species has never been made into a figure before (none that I've ever seen, plus I never even heard of this lovely dinosaur), I took the liberty of adding it to the Unique Species list instantly. :)

Very awesome score!

Primeval12

Carnegie moasosaurus, dimetrodon, and deinonychus

[attachment msg=21014][/attachment]

ZoPteryx

Carnegie Styracosaurus arrived today from Gwangi and I must say, it's my favorite representation of this genus!

juju1305

8 new CollectA figures just came in yesterday  ;D

sauroid

new(ish) ones
Dino Expo Spinosaurus

Dino Expo Gigantoraptor

Dino Expo Mamenchisaurus

radman

Quote from: juju1305 on October 10, 2012, 10:22:02 PM

Is that the megacerops - it looks huge!  Can you (or anyone else) show a pic of it with some reference item? Thanks!

Jetoar

Quote from: radman on October 11, 2012, 01:08:40 PM

Is that the megacerops - it looks huge!  Can you (or anyone else) show a pic of it with some reference item? Thanks!

I saw the megacerops figure in the museum and it is a huge figure. I thought that this figure was smaller than other figures these collection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

The ones that are the best in my opinion are the Deinocheirus and Rajasaurus! What do you like the best out of what you got? *orthocone*
like a bantha!

Roselaar

How about this?:

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on October 11, 2012, 01:50:09 PM

I saw the megacerops figure in the museum and it is a huge figure. I thought that this figure was smaller than other figures these collection  ^-^.

I was pretty surprised about that too. I'm aware it's a deluxe, hence a much bigger scale than the regular CollectA line, but it's really big (so is the deinocheirus btw)

juju1305

Quote from: alexeratops on October 11, 2012, 03:06:46 PM
The ones that are the best in my opinion are the Deinocheirus and Rajasaurus! What do you like the best out of what you got? *orthocone*

out of these, my favorites are the rajasaurus (there's not that many non-carnotaurus abelisaurids on the market and this one is really beautiful), the deinocheirus and the megacerops.

juju1305

Quote from: Roselaar on October 11, 2012, 08:42:06 PM

How about this?:

Love these. I own most of them. I don't have the Papo rex (not sure I intend to get it btw). But I badly want the plants and the koreaceratops family. Love these based figures :)

amargasaurus cazaui

The little Koreaceratops is a nice piece, and very unique, but it is really small . I wish they would try something similar in a larger scale, with a bit more detail and accuracy.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

radman

Thanks for the pic, Roselaar.  I guess the scale on the Megaceros must be at least 1:20, maybe even 1:15?  I can't even guess what the scale on the Deinocheirus must be.

juju1305

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 11, 2012, 08:57:39 PM
The little Koreaceratops is a nice piece, and very unique, but it is really small . I wish they would try something similar in a larger scale, with a bit more detail and accuracy.

Just like the Hypsilophodon family, which is a tiny (but quite nice) piece too...
Agree on the larger piece, it would be great

juju1305

Quote from: radman on October 11, 2012, 09:19:57 PM
Thanks for the pic, Roselaar.  I guess the scale on the Megaceros must be at least 1:20, maybe even 1:15?  I can't even guess what the scale on the Deinocheirus must be.

According to the small booklet provided with the figure, deinocheirus is a 1:40 scale... honesly, it looks more like 1/20 or 1/25 to me... there is no indication about the scale of the megacerops, but I guess it's 1/15 or even 1/10

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: