News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 20, 2012, 12:28:19 PM
I managed to acquire one of the two Invictasaurs I actually do like (the other being the Liopleurodon)

Great acquisition :)!

I'm sure you'd also like their Dimetrodon as well - once you had it in your hands ;).
                                                                                                                                                              ................. everybody does!

darylj

i just picked up the jp dimetrodon and one celeophysis... :)

mmfrankford

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 19, 2012, 01:58:09 PM
Scientific Toys:

Stegosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Coelophysis (?)
T.rex
Ankylosaurus
Pteranodon
Deinonychus
Triceratops
Parasaurolophus

They are so underestimated! Seeing them in real made me think of Battat quality instantly.

Invicta

Ankylosaurus
T.rex
Triceratops

Thank you so much Blackdanter! They are pretty cool classic new acquisitions!

Scientific Toys? I'm curious about these. Do you have a link or pictures? Thanks.

Takama

Been 2 hours away again (Town is called Quincy), so i stopped at the Walmart, and got me this retro style Dinosaur.

It looks good , but they messed up the jaw

Roselaar

Quote from: mmfrankford on September 20, 2012, 10:59:44 PM

Scientific Toys? I'm curious about these. Do you have a link or pictures? Thanks.

Good set of toys, but the comparison with Battat is too much credit for it.

Libraraptor

tyrantqueen, that Lambeo is one of my alltime favourites! Congratultions!

Roselaar, you are right, I was a little too euphoric about the Scientific Toys, yet they are still very cool! I never saw this electric base before, I always imagined it to be a little more discreet.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 21, 2012, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: mmfrankford on September 20, 2012, 10:59:44 PM

Good set of toys, but the comparison with Battat is too much credit for it.

That's the set I thought of--but the Battat comparison threw me.

Coke

I bought this Schleich's brachiosaurus today, but he has not been very well received by some theropods...  :-\

Coke

However, I am anxious to get my hands on the papo's brachio  >:(

Jetoar

Quote from: Coke on September 21, 2012, 11:52:29 PM
However, I am anxious to get my hands on the papo's brachio  >:(

Good acquisitions friend. I look forward to see in my hands the new papo brachiosaurus  ;)
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: Coke on September 21, 2012, 10:59:59 PM
I bought this Schleich's brachiosaurus today, but he has not been very well received by some theropods...  :-\

It appears those Papo Theropods are laughting at that poor (quality) Schleich Brachiosaurus... I can't say it's unjustified though I do pity that Sauropod.

Coke

Quote from: Roselaar on September 22, 2012, 02:25:39 PM
It appears those Papo Theropods are laughting at that poor (quality) Schleich Brachiosaurus... I can't say it's unjustified though I do pity that Sauropod.

I don't even want to think how will he feel when I get home the Papo Brachio  :(

;)

Takama

My first CollectA in months

Bokisaurus

Newest additions
[

Finally got the DVD, great show! Cool to see many new species for a change ;)
]

Takama

Oh yeah, i finally got planet dinosaur on DVD to

Though wish it had the same logo as the British realease. This one looks.......Kiddy

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on September 22, 2012, 08:55:31 PM

Though wish it had the same logo as the British realease. This one looks.......Kiddy

Agreed. I'll have to get it as well or perhaps ask for it for Christmas. I can't wait to watch it on my television as opposed to my small computer monitor.

SBell

Quote from: Takama on September 22, 2012, 08:55:31 PM

That's why I like being in Canada--we generally get the British cuts and narration.  Sometimes it doesn't mean much, and sometimes it means wholesale changes (like Torosaurus getting a horn broken off--edited for violence in the Discovery Channel broadcast...).

CityRaptor

Well, we got it renamed "Der Dino-Planet". Cover is the same, but a lot footage was cut for time since documentaries in Germany ( alteast those on ARD, ZDF and other Öffentlich Rechtlichen, where it was shown.  ) are usually 45 minutes long. Got myself the British Version when getting it on DVD, as not even the DVD was uncut....

And yes, compared to the original cover ( not just the logo, but the whole cover ), that one looks Kiddy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

PD looks a lot like the British release here in Holland. I must say, despite the silly logo, that cover above looks kinda cool.

BTW, I recently spotted a PD 3D version on DVD in stores. Anybody know what's up with that? Is it any good?
Going a little off topic here maybe, but I wouldn't if I had bought it, would I? So let's call it an 'opportunity to acquire' barely suitable for the acquisitions thread. :)

Primeval12

JP Pachycephalosaurus and Jp Lost world Velociraptor I also got chinasaurs with these which I put somewhere on one of my chinasaur shelfs and can't track down at the moment

[attachment msg=19465][/attachment]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: