News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Jetoar on November 21, 2012, 02:22:20 PM
Congratulations for your new acuisitions Ikessauro (Battat figures are rare item)  ^-^.

These is the new pics of my new acquistions that I spoke of these in the last two weeks  ^-^: Geoworld T-Res and Velociraptor, Collecta Velociraptor and Shockwave, Megatron and Autobot Ark of DOTM.

Thanks Jetoar. I like your new acquisitions too, I'm gonna get those skeletons at some point I guess.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 21, 2012, 08:04:20 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on November 21, 2012, 02:22:20 PM
Congratulations for your new acuisitions Ikessauro (Battat figures are rare item)  ^-^.

These is the new pics of my new acquistions that I spoke of these in the last two weeks  ^-^: Geoworld T-Res and Velociraptor, Collecta Velociraptor and Shockwave, Megatron and Autobot Ark of DOTM.

Thanks Jetoar. I like your new acquisitions too, I'm gonna get those skeletons at some point I guess.

You are welcome friend. I will share more photographs of these  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: Seijun on November 21, 2012, 06:55:39 PM
You have a german PYO set? You must post pics! Does it include the pteranodon?
My set is sealed behind plastic so I cant read the instructions. I have not decided yet if I want to break the plastic seal. But I do know that I have cleaned paint off white invictas before and it does NOT just wash off, plus it usually leaves ugly stains. However they might have been painted with a different kind of paint then what invicta sent.
Well, I don't think mine qualifies as a proper paint-your-own set. :-\ Does your set include figures that have a different colour than normal or are white (as far as you can see since your box is sealed)? My set isn't that special, sorry. It's a box of twelve normal Invicta figures (yes, the Pteranodon is included) and it has the same cover design as the one Adam posted here (only that the text is in German). The box includes a (if I remember correctly, 32 page) booklet with school projects, e.g. building a sauropod femur from paper maché and, well, building diorama boxes for the Invictas which also includes painting them - with water colours. I remember it was noted somewhere that the paint can be removed afterwards - probably for next year's class. Invicta were distributed in Germany as a teacher resource, the first time I've seen Invicta figures was actually in a store for teacher supply. So these are no white Invictas or anything that looks different from the normal, unpainted ones we all know. For me it was very nice, though, because I got the whole box (which also included a board game and some extra Safari and Invicta figures that didn't originally belong into it) for just 1€... >:D Okay, but I see it might be a good idea to post that set in the Invicta thread once I took some photos of that booklet. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Seijun

Ill post some more pics of my box in the invicta thread. Mine are white and have paints included in the box.
I also have the english version of the box set you describe, but it does not have any instructions.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stemturtle

Koolasuchus Resin Kit

Koolasuchus (Dan's Dinosaurs)

This Cretaceous temnospondyl was featured in BBC's "Walking with Dinosaurs."
The artist is William Burford, exclusive from Dan's Dinosaurs:
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-514/Koolasuchus-Resin-Kit-by/Detail.bok

Temnospondyls had 4 digits on each fore-foot and 5 toes on the hind-foot.  Reference:
http://palaeos.com/vertebrates/temnospondyli/temnospondyli.html

EDIT:  If the links do not work, try copy and paste.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Jetoar

Quote from: stemturtle on November 22, 2012, 12:06:40 AM
Koolasuchus Resin Kit

Koolasuchus (Dan's Dinosaurs)

This Cretaceous temnospondyl was featured in BBC's "Walking with Dinosaurs."
The artist is William Burford, exclusive from Dan's Dinosaurs:
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-514/Koolasuchus-Resin-Kit-by/Detail.bok. 

Temnospondyls had 4 digits on each fore-foot and 5 toes on the hind-foot.  Reference:
http://palaeos.com/vertebrates/temnospondyli/temnospondyli.html.

Cool Koolasuchus, I like it ^-^!.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Jetoar

Another  new acquistion. This is a figure of Draco and Bowen of Dragonheart of vinyl.

In his bag.

Out his bag. Hi is a gift to my girlfriend  ^-^.

Roselaar

21st inventory update:

JP III Vehicle sets, both MIB.

JP III Wave 1 dinosaurs: Pteranodon and Triceratops loose in box, T-Rex, Raptor and Dilophosaurus MIB.

JP III Wave 2 dinosaurs, all MIB.

JPS1 Bush Devil Tracker MIB.

JPS1 Elec. Dilophosaurus, loose on card.

suspsy

I've always found it sad how the quality of the dinosaurs plummeted between TLW and JP3.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ammonites

Couldn't agree more with you on that one, suspsy.  I do like the Tapajera though.  The JPS1 Electronic Dilophosaur has to be my alltime favorite sculpt from the entire toy line, nice find on the MIB with that one.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on November 22, 2012, 11:25:57 PM
I've always found it sad how the quality of the dinosaurs plummeted between TLW and JP3.

Me too and that is why I don't collect any of the toys for JP3. I agree Ammonite about the Electronic Dilophosaurus. It probably is not my all time favorite but it's on my list where JP toys are concerned.

suspsy

Quote from: Ammonites on November 23, 2012, 12:51:36 AM
Couldn't agree more with you on that one, suspsy.  I do like the Tapajera though.  The JPS1 Electronic Dilophosaur has to be my alltime favorite sculpt from the entire toy line, nice find on the MIB with that one.

I'd like the Tapajara a lot more if it had a proper head as opposed to a Pteranodon head with a crest plastered on top of it!

And yes, the Electronic Dilo is sweet.

Jetoar

I think the same that you friends, Dilophosaurus is one of my fvaorite dinosaurs of JP and hi has the frill that is a good detail of Kenner. When I was a child I have only the squirt Dilophosaurus and I do a frill with paper. Now I have four electronic Dilophosarus, one of this is a MOC that I bought in Ebay. Tapejara is very cool but I dont have this figure because he did not arrive to Spain.

Roselaar

I agree most Hasbrosaurs aren't very good. The only ones I would recommend are the larger electronic Pterosaurs, the two small Compies, the Brachiosaurus and the Animatronic Spinosaurus. The remaining figures vary from semi-decent to utter trash.

Speaking of JP figures, 22nd inventory update:

JPS1 human figures, loose on card.

JPS1 human figures, MOC.

JPS1 re-release human figures, MOC.  8)

JPS1 Young T-Rex and Stegosaurus, both opened but complete and in good condition.

JPS1 Japanese variant Young T-Rex, MIB.

JPS1 re-release Stegosaurus, with JPS2 card! When spotting the box differences I just had to open this baby up to check whether it came with the rare JPS2 card and I was thrilled when that turned out positive. It's not fully MIB now, but it was worth it.  8)

alexeratops

After all the delays, not being in stock, I FINALLY HAVE THE PAPO SPINOSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
like a bantha!

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on November 23, 2012, 08:48:48 PM
I agree most Hasbrosaurs aren't very good. The only ones I would recommend are the larger electronic Pterosaurs, the two small Compies, the Brachiosaurus and the Animatronic Spinosaurus. The remaining figures vary from semi-decent to utter trash.

Speaking of JP figures, 22nd inventory update:

JPS1 human figures, loose on card.

JPS1 human figures, MOC.

JPS1 re-release human figures, MOC.  8)

JPS1 Young T-Rex and Stegosaurus, both opened but complete and in good condition.

JPS1 Japanese variant Young T-Rex, MIB.

JPS1 re-release Stegosaurus, with JPS2 card! When spotting the box differences I just had to open this baby up to check whether it came with the rare JPS2 card and I was thrilled when that turned out positive. It's not fully MIB now, but it was worth it.  8)

Congratulations for you Stegosaurus. I dont know the S2 when I bought my Tricertaops in Figure Realm ans when this dinosauru arrived to my home I discovered the card with images of the movie: The S2  ^-^.

Roselaar

Quote from: Jetoar on November 23, 2012, 09:20:36 PM
Congratulations for you Stegosaurus. I dont know the S2 when I bought my Tricertaops in Figure Realm ans when this dinosauru arrived to my home I discovered the card with images of the movie: The S2  ^-^.

Oh you lucky bastard! The Series 2 re-releases are very hard to find. Especially annoying is the fact the alternate box is not a guarantee for a Series 2 card, since over half of them still carry the regular art card.

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on November 23, 2012, 09:58:27 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on November 23, 2012, 09:20:36 PM

Oh you lucky bastard! The Series 2 re-releases are very hard to find. Especially annoying is the fact the alternate box is not a guarantee for a Series 2 card, since over half of them still carry the regular art card.

Oh I dont know that Serie 2 are very rare, I Spain I didnt arrive  the S2  ^-^.

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on November 23, 2012, 08:48:48 PM

Even the Animatronic Spinosaurus is inferior compared to the large Tyrannosaurus rex toys from JP and TLW. The teeth are rubberised and way too small, and it has those completely unattractive gaping wounds on its body.

The gaping wounds on the JP3 dino toys have always been my biggest pet peeve. Speaking for myself, I don't want dinosaurs that look like they're about to collapse and die from what are clearly lethal injuries. The JP and TLW toys, by contrast, came with those nifty pieces of skin to patch up their wounds.

alexeratops

Quote from: alexeratops on November 23, 2012, 08:53:09 PM
After all the delays, not being in stock, I FINALLY HAVE THE PAPO SPINOSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Okay, nobody can pay attention because I don't have pics. Fine. >:(
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: