News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Nineteenth inventory update:

TLWS1 human figures, all MOC.

More TLWS1 human figures, all MOC.

And more, but these have been opened and in some cases customized (:-/). The Roland Tembo is the one with the sideburns, which was a new variation for me.

TLWS1 Junior Rexes, all MOC.

TLWS1 dinosaurs, all MOC.

TLWS1 dinosaurs, opened.

Seijun

Here are my recent acquisitions

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Seijun on November 21, 2012, 01:10:55 AM

:o :o :o :o :o
Where did you find that Mamenchisaurus still in box???!!! I want one ahha, I bet you paid a lot for it. Those green-ish/grey-ish carnegies are real or repainted? I see a lot of things I would love to have in these photos, you're very lucky Seijun.

Seijun

The mamenchi was on ebay. I got it for $40. It ended at a weird time so there were no other bidders. Normally I think they would sell for more (I was not expecting to actually win).

The carnegies are unoficial bronze recasts. They are made from two halves that are fused together, and they are hollow inside (but still very heavy). I would love to have a complete set of "original" carnegies in bronze. I wonder if there are any others that belong in this set or if whoever made them only made copies of the tric and steg.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Seijun on November 21, 2012, 03:01:36 AM
The mamenchi was on ebay. I got it for $40. It ended at a weird time so there were no other bidders. Normally I think they would sell for more (I was not expecting to actually win).

The carnegies are unoficial bronze recasts. They are made from two halves that are fused together, and they are hollow inside (but still very heavy). I would love to have a complete set of "original" carnegies in bronze. I wonder if there are any others that belong in this set or if whoever made them only made copies of the tric and steg.

Wow, 40 is a very good price for the boxed piece. Lucky you!

Takama

Hey, I see you got that Weird Mammoth

Ammonites

Quote from: Roselaar on November 20, 2012, 10:45:09 PM

More TLWS1 human figures, all MOC.

Two Sarah Hardings and a Peter Ludlow?  Very lucky, wish I could get those...

postsaurischian

Seijun

My opinion of the kent remains the same. Ugly green color, ugly fat front feet, and ugly cheek-less mouth (the mouth is more the fault of the paint work though, not the sculpting). I will admit that the ugliness isnt as striking in person, but its still not my cup of tea. I think the figure would have been MUCH improved with a different color scheme. I would rather they change the color instead of retiring the figure completely.

Jetoar

I think the same that Ikessauro, You have had lot of luck Seijun  ^-^. Congratulations for all new acquisitions. I have one question for you: Is the new mammoth calf of Bullyland?.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

The mammoth is marked "bully" on the bottom and others say it is the same style as bullyland. However, when bullyland was asked they replied saying they have no records of making this figure, so for now I am classifying it as maker unknown, possibly bullyland :)

Jetoar

Quote from: Seijun on November 21, 2012, 09:27:30 AM
The mammoth is marked "bully" on the bottom and others say it is the same style as bullyland. However, when bullyland was asked they replied saying they have no records of making this figure, so for now I am classifying it as maker unknown, possibly bullyland :)

Thanks for your ask Seijun  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

tanystropheus

Dino Rider Chasmosaurus!!!!!! :) ;D Congrats!!!!!!

Ikessauro

Today I have strongly mixed feelings... ;D :-\ >:( I got a package with some of my most wanted figures... but had to pay taxes for it... Damn customs!!!!
Here are the new acquisitions, at last! 8)

brontodocus

Congrats! :) The Mamenchisaurus was one of the first figures I bought when I started my collection a few years back (it had already been retired) - there was an online store that still had one (for €25) but it came without box and fossil. :-\ It's interesting to see another Invicta painting set, I have a box that contains a German booklet with instructions for school projects and that suggests painting the Invicta figures (it says they can be washed again afterwards). Are the instructions of your set also targeting at teachers?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Jetoar

Congratulations for your new acuisitions Ikessauro (Battat figures are rare item)  ^-^.

These is the new pics of my new acquistions that I spoke of these in the last two weeks  ^-^: Geoworld T-Res and Velociraptor, Collecta Velociraptor and Shockwave, Megatron and Autobot Ark of DOTM.

SBell

Quote from: brontodocus on November 21, 2012, 02:00:24 PM

Congrats! :) The Mamenchisaurus was one of the first figures I bought when I started my collection a few years back (it had already been retired) - there was an online store that still had one (for €25) but it came without box and fossil. :-\ It's interesting to see another Invicta painting set, I have a box that contains a German booklet with instructions for school projects and that suggests painting the Invicta figures (it says they can be washed again afterwards). Are the instructions of your set also targeting at teachers?

There was a short period of time when the Mamenchisaurus was released as a Carnegie figure, after the DoC line was ended. When that happened (~2005), it was given a tag instead of a box and fossil.

brontodocus

Ah, that could be the reason! I keep my tags separate from the figures but I should have a look if it's indeed a Carnegie tag, might well be possible. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Roselaar

Quote from: Ammonites on November 21, 2012, 04:14:44 AM

Two Sarah Hardings and a Peter Ludlow?  Very lucky, wish I could get those...

You can, they'll be among the items I'll be selling soon.  ;)

Twentieth inventory update:

Two JP III human figures (opened) and another MOC TLW Dieter Stark.

JPS2 Jungle Runner, MIB.

JPS2 Strike Cycles, both MIB. One regular, one Euro.

JPS2 Quetzalcoatlus, loose in box. Missing small tag and card, but both box and figure otherwise in good condition.

Two JPS2 Gallimimuses. Both opened, but otherwise in good condition. One missing small tag.

Seijun

Quote from: brontodocus on November 21, 2012, 02:00:24 PM
It's interesting to see another Invicta painting set, I have a box that contains a German booklet with instructions for school projects and that suggests painting the Invicta figures (it says they can be washed again afterwards). Are the instructions of your set also targeting at teachers?

You have a german PYO set? You must post pics! Does it include the pteranodon?
My set is sealed behind plastic so I cant read the instructions. I have not decided yet if I want to break the plastic seal. But I do know that I have cleaned paint off white invictas before and it does NOT just wash off, plus it usually leaves ugly stains. However they might have been painted with a different kind of paint then what invicta sent.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: