News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

that's almost like a steal Thundercharge. (like just paying for postage). btw, are they the same size as the dinotales T. rex?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Thundercharge

Quote from: sauroid on February 12, 2013, 07:48:31 AM
that's almost like a steal Thundercharge. (like just paying for postage). btw, are they the same size as the dinotales T. rex?
Yep!(more or less) If you take a look at the last comparison picture (same as my sig) you'll see a few of the Dinotales Tyrannosaurs towards the back. The perspective is a tad off there but they're very close in size. These news ones are a tad larger, but if you display them together they fit together pretty well.  :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

Primeval12

is there anywhere I could get those in the US?

sauroid

i dont think they are available in the states. you have to order them directly from Japan.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Primeval12

Thanks, i found the one that i REALLY want (Yutyrannus) On ebay, now to convince the parents to buy it.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on February 12, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
i dont think they are available in the states. you have to order them directly from Japan.

They are only available at one Dinosaur Exposition in Japan no less--so they won't be available for very long (if they still are).

Pilkington

UPS just dropped this off:

Well worth the wait!
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score ! I just got mine as well today. I also got this :

The last Dino-Rider toy I needed for my DR collection ! ;D

Fukuiraptor

The DR Pachyrhinosaurus is a rare gem!  Congratulations!

Spino-rex13

Just got my carnegie ankylosaurus and cryolophosaurus in the mail ;D although I wish the ankylosaurus was painted a bit better.

Jetoar

Very nice Pachyrhinosaurus, Congrats for your figure  :)
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks guys ! Took a LONG time to get one but I'm very happy with it.  Almost a little sad now I have em' all. Some company needs to pick up the DR license and make these same awesome figures again..with new species as well.

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on February 14, 2013, 04:47:35 AM
Just got my carnegie ankylosaurus and cryolophosaurus in the mail ;D although I wish the ankylosaurus was painted a bit better.

I've stared hard at the Anky over the past several days and I actually think the paint is pretty good..sure it could have been more bold and the under body given a wash to bring out all the details but otherwise it's a nicely painted figure I think.

Bokisaurus

Nice additions everyone ^-^
Here are mine, all Shapeway figures.
1/72 scale hadrosaurus

1/40 scale Arsinoitherium

1/40 scale Lirainosaurus (must be a small sauropod)

1/40 feathered Troodon

The entire collection!

Next to arrive are the ceratopsians! Oh, he also just added a Crystal Palace megalosaurus, really cool!
Oh yes, the artist is Manuel Bejarano ;)

tyrantqueen

I received my Megalosaurus today in the mail :)

I will post more photos in the Shapeways thread if anyone would like to see more. Very happy with this guy :)

Ikessauro

Just came in the mail today...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spino-rex13

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2013, 05:10:33 PM
Thanks guys ! Took a LONG time to get one but I'm very happy with it.  Almost a little sad now I have em' all. Some company needs to pick up the DR license and make these same awesome figures again..with new species as well.

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on February 14, 2013, 04:47:35 AM

I've stared hard at the Anky over the past several days and I actually think the paint is pretty good..sure it could have been more bold and the under body given a wash to bring out all the details but otherwise it's a nicely painted figure I think.

Just had another look at mine an I guess it is pretty well.

tyrantqueen

Battat Triceratops. Many thanks go to Rez for his help in aquiring this model :)

Ikessauro

Congrats on this catch TQ; It's one of the best Triceratops ever.

Fukuiraptor

Got a new home for my dinos.  For more details please see this thread:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,979.90.html

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: