News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Some Carnegies and Favorites...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool, been tempted to pick up some more ankylosaurs myself recently.

Jetoar

Congrats for your new kinto and carnegie figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I just Downloaded

1916 Der Unbekannte Krieg for PC

Its a Game were you must watchout for Dinosaurs, which is why i included it in this thread

Bokisaurus

Herd of Shapways ceratopsians in 1:40 scale (with Battat styraco for comparison)

X-Plus figures ;D

Ikessauro

Great acquisitions Boki, I love these Shapeways, but I'm afraid that if I start to buy them, I'll not want to stop... besides, I am not a good painter and would certainly ruin them trying to paint.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 24, 2013, 03:12:36 AM
WOW, Geoworlds are huge

They are indeed. Much moreso than I had originally thought.

I'm not a huge fan of the Guanlong's paint scheme and how glossy it is..but I'll fix that. ;)

mmfrankford

Congrats guys on your acquisitions!  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on February 24, 2013, 03:33:27 AM
Congrats guys on your acquisitions!  ^-^

Thanks Melissa ! :)

docronnie

Beautiful acquisitions... Congrats everyone!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ZoPteryx

Wow!  Those Geoworlds are huge! :o  And congrats on the Battat Triceratops Blade!  You didn't happen to get it from ebay did you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on February 24, 2013, 09:15:19 PM
Wow!  Those Geoworlds are huge! :o  And congrats on the Battat Triceratops Blade!  You didn't happen to get it from ebay did you?

As a matter of fact I did. It was in a lot that was just listed as I started browsing..I recognized the gem of the Battat Trike there and jumped on it. :)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2013, 10:58:02 PM

As a matter of fact I did. It was in a lot that was just listed as I started browsing..I recognized the gem of the Battat Trike there and jumped on it. :)
Aha! So you're the one who beat me to it! :o ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on February 24, 2013, 11:15:24 PM

If it's the same lot..guilty. lol  I honestly had just started looking just for the heck of it and bam! there it was..I couldn't believe it. Kinda like finding gold. :)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2013, 11:29:25 PM

If it's the same lot..guilty. lol  I honestly had just started looking just for the heck of it and bam! there it was..I couldn't believe it. Kinda like finding gold. :)
Yep, I think it was definitely the same lot.  Ten more minutes and would've been mine! ;)  Anyway, congrats on the great score! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on February 25, 2013, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2013, 11:29:25 PM

Yep, I think it was definitely the same lot.  Ten more minutes and would've been mine! ;)  Anyway, congrats on the great score! :D

lol Thanks bud and for being a good sport. . If there was anything else in it you want I'm selling the rest now. :)

radman

Well, I just got the 2013 Kaiyodo Yutyrannus, and I must say I am very pleased.  The parts fit together seamlessly and even the material seems crisper and brighter than before, as well as a bit larger.  Kudos also for including a little man for scale, although I was unable to tell from the enclosed sheet (in Japanese) what, exactly, the scale was.  He seems to be about an 1.25 inches tall, so I'm guessing ~1:55?  Anyway, no point in posting a photo here, as many others have done so before.  I didn't get the rest of the set, as I have no  use for skeletal models and have plenty of rexes already, but I'm now starting to rethink my decision, based upon how nice this guy is.  I at first thought from photos that the arms were overlarge, but in person, with the feathers, it looks really good.   Recommended!

SBell

Quote from: radman on February 25, 2013, 07:55:01 PM
Well, I just got the 2013 Kaiyodo Yutyrannus, and I must say I am very pleased.  The parts fit together seamlessly and even the material seems crisper and brighter than before, as well as a bit larger.  Kudos also for including a little man for scale, although I was unable to tell from the enclosed sheet (in Japanese) what, exactly, the scale was.  He seems to be about an 1.25 inches tall, so I'm guessing ~1:55?  Anyway, no point in posting a photo here, as many others have done so before.  I didn't get the rest of the set, as I have no  use for skeletal models and have plenty of rexes already, but I'm now starting to rethink my decision, based upon how nice this guy is.  I at first thought from photos that the arms were overlarge, but in person, with the feathers, it looks really good.   Recommended!

I thought the same thing (only need the Yutyrannus, although I have the Takara one), but I wound up getting the whole set, and to be honest these are probably the nicest T.rex, skeleton and skull made by kaiyodo so far. The skull is even articulated! Plus, the tiny human scale figures are a neat bonus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: