News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

critcho

Old Carnegie Diplodcus, £1.99 from Ebay! I've wanted this model since I was little.

Carnegie Beipiasaurus, from Amazon.

EmperorDinobot

That Diplo is one of my favorite Carnegie molds. Sure it's outdated, but it exudes beauty, magic and cheerfulness. I love how it 'smiles'. Back in the day, popular reports of diplodocids often said that they 'looked as if they were smiling'.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It may not be accurate anymore..but it's full of nostalgia..that tail did a lot of damage to my roving allosaur packs. ;)

critcho

There is just something about it, Also the fact that the model made it into Jurassic Park was enough for me.

sauroid

just got this yesterday. beautiful art by Mauricio Anton.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Seems like we can't get enough books, can we? Mailman just dropped three on my hands this morning!

sauroid

congrats Ikessauro. the prehistoric mammals book is pretty cool right? (i also have the Dr.T.R.Holtz jr/Luis Rey book). now all i need to get are the GSP princeton field guide, All Yesterdays and Dinosaur Art.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received the field guide last month..it's pretty handy for quick references. :)

sauroid

these arrived today (series 5, 2 variants) sealed/mint/unopened
(luckily, the only one i didnt get is the Carnotaurus.)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 12, 2013, 01:13:37 PM
Seems like we can't get enough books, can we? Mailman just dropped three on my hands this morning!

You´re a book addict, aren´t you?
:)

amargasaurus cazaui

I am unsure if a repaint qualifies but this is my newest . The Tamiya Chasmosaurus pair, repainted by Martin Garratt.  I love the frill patterning and color choices.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

My trip to NYC was not as fruitful as I had hoped. The AMNH actually had a rather limited selection of Safari dinosaurs---and no other popular brands like Papo or Collecta. However, I did snag a Giganotosaurus. And at FAO Schwarz, I was able to find a Papo Allosaurus!

Two is definitely better than none!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JurassicJr

I recently acquired this great AAA large Smilodon!  :)

docronnie

Congrats on all your dino hauls!  :)

What I got most recently:

Ajax Tyrannosaurus - 1960's

Bandai Dinosaur of Prey Candy Toy Velociraptors - 2006 (I have the whole set, but was not able to take pictures yet)

AAA Brachiosaurus

Chap Mei dinosaurs (except for the Parasaurolophus, all Chap Mei dinos I own have different colors and paint jobs than the ones posted on the net and all of my Chap Mei's don't have dates)

Hasbro Jurassic Park 3 two-pack Stegosaurus hatchling repaint - 2009

Hasbro Jurassic Park 3 two-pack Spinosaurus hatchling repaint - 2009

Playmobil Dinos and Dino Hunters

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Triceratops - 1988

Schleich Tyrannasaurus rex - 2012 (The most expensive dinosaur figure I own at the moment!   ???)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Fukuiraptor

Got the Pachyrhinosaurus figure from the new JP series today.  More pictures are posted here:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,979.new.html#new

Invicta Hunter

Are these JP toys out worldwide or just the US?

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on March 17, 2013, 05:12:45 PM
Are these JP toys out worldwide or just the US?

USA and Canada only supposedly, though some have popped up in Malaysia.

JurassicJr

I just received the Toys R Us exclusive Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus showdown sets, I ordered them via the Toys R Us website!

Invicta Hunter

Wow why would they do that, it's unfair to everyone else. If that's the way Hasbro wants to treat everyone else around the world they can go stick these US exclusives up their arse for all i care, i will not waste my money on importing these new figures.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on March 17, 2013, 07:32:59 PM
Wow why would they do that, it's unfair to everyone else. If that's the way Hasbro wants to treat everyone else around the world they can go stick these US exclusives up their arse for all i care, i will not waste my money on importing these new figures.
Hahaha, I actually agree. To be perfectly honest, I don't see why anyone would want to spend money on these figures anyway, when the Papo ones are far superior in detail and quality :-\ Just my opinion, of course...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: