News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2013, 11:32:51 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on February 27, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 27, 2013, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on February 27, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Deltadromeus is off the unique specimens thread

I'm gonna let it slide, considering this sculpt is now not unique and was clearly established to be a Velociraptor first, which it still resembles more. In fact, Rapator (which is a real species) should also be deleted off the list if I were to take these into account. Not gonna happen. Not for crappy bootlegs. I have my pride.  ;D

Yeah, there was a Carnegie figure (I think it's discontinued now). I don't know for sure of any others.

And my favorite dino on the thread is saved

Haven't really kept up with that particular thread..but didn't Carnegie/Safari release an actual Deltadromeus awhile back ?

(Something odd happened here...so I will try again)

Yes, there was a Deltadromeus figure as part of the Carnegie line, but I believe it is discontinued now.

Takama

Primeval12

It is discontinued :( but it is worth finding. I had good memories with my Deltadromeus as a little kid (he used to be friends with my Sinraptor)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah, so discontinued figures aren't part of the list I guess ?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2013, 02:22:37 AM

As far as I know, Deltadromeus is on there because the Carnegie is the only one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 28, 2013, 04:24:15 AM

As far as I know, Deltadromeus is on there because the Carnegie is the only one.

I think I need a rule book for this list.. lol  ;D

Ikessauro

Today I've got a great haul!
First I bought a new Papo Spinosaurus (had sold mine) and it is very well painted, unlike the one I had. Also got Papo Brachiosaurus, which is awesome. Got a Carnegie Triceratops, that blue/purple-ish version with brown and red markings. Also got with it a Carnegie Dilong, which I already had bought and it's nice to compare both, an older version and the newest one. The paint app has changed a lot since (I'll ad pics of it on the Carnegie thread). I got also what seems to be a chinasaur Stegosaurus with the Trike and Dilong.
Collecta Megacerops is now officially on the top five prehistoric mammals in my collection!
And... saving the best for last, 6 Battats from Rez (There's one more to come), T.rex V.1, Dilophosaurus V.1 and V.3, Parasaurolophus, Carnotaurus and Gallimimus.

ZoPteryx

Wow!  Great haul Ikessauro! :o

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2013, 05:54:56 AM

Oh come on now, it's so simple: it lists species and the companies that made them, and clicking on the name will lead you to a picture. How hard can it be?  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on February 28, 2013, 08:23:01 PM

Oh come on now, it's so simple: it lists species and the companies that made them, and clicking on the name will lead you to a picture. How hard can it be?  :P

I was referring to the exclusion of retired pieces and how they don't count I think but they have been made. So it's only in production they count I think. See I'm confused already.. ;)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2013, 10:27:09 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 28, 2013, 08:23:01 PM

I was referring to the exclusion of retired pieces and how they don't count I think but they have been made. So it's only in production they count I think. See I'm confused already.. ;)

No--a figure doesn't have to be in production to be listed. Just be the only one we know of so far! The reason Deltadromeus was potentially off the list is because a terrible Safari knock-off labelled a Velociraptor figure as Deltadromeus. In theory, that means another Deltadromeus figure exists, but really, it is a mislabelled knock off and so we aren't counting it. Therefore Deltadromeus stays on because as far as anyone has said, there has been only one figure (the Carnegie), retired or not.

Primeval12

Sorry about starting this whole commotion

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on March 01, 2013, 02:40:54 AM
Sorry about starting this whole commotion

Not your fault, I was confused really and thanks Sbell for explaining it. :)

Simon

No photos yet, but I justgot a bunch of new stuff from japan:

1.  Kaiyodo TRex mini-series - the skull and the little feathered one are awesome.  The rest of them are incredibly detailed, but too small for my taste.

2.  SEGA crane prize Stegosaurus and Amargasaurus (basically the grail models from this series).  Both 18" long or so.  The Steg is colorful, and nicely done.  The Amargasaurus is the best Amarga. I have ever seen.  Its absolutely the finest model in this series (which includes the Shinzen Red TRex and the Tokugawa Albertosaurus), so that is saying something.  I have been on the lookout for it for 4 years.  Patience pays off.

3.  Shinzen vinyl Styracosaurus, about 1/15 scale, also 18" long.  I'll say it:  this is the nicest mass-produced vinyl dinosaur I have ever seen.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on March 01, 2013, 05:58:34 AM
No photos yet, but I justgot a bunch of new stuff from japan:

1.  Kaiyodo TRex mini-series - the skull and the little feathered one are awesome.  The rest of them are incredibly detailed, but too small for my taste.

2.  SEGA crane prize Stegosaurus and Amargasaurus (basically the grail models from this series).  Both 18" long or so.  The Steg is colorful, and nicely done.  The Amargasaurus is the best Amarga. I have ever seen.  Its absolutely the finest model in this series (which includes the Shinzen Red TRex and the Tokugawa Albertosaurus), so that is saying something.  I have been on the lookout for it for 4 years.  Patience pays off.

3.  Shinzen vinyl Styracosaurus, about 1/15 scale, also 18" long.  I'll say it:  this is the nicest mass-produced vinyl dinosaur I have ever seen.

Def post pics when can..I've been on the lookout for that Amarga myself.

The vinyl styrac..is it the x-plus one ?

Simon

postsaurischian

:o SEGA prize Amargasaurus? I'm very envious!!!! I love this model and I couldn't find it anywhere throughout the years.

Isn't the Tokugawa Albertosaurus an X-Plus release?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 01, 2013, 09:09:46 AM

:o SEGA prize Amargasaurus? I'm very envious!!!! I love this model and I couldn't find it anywhere throughout the years.

Isn't the Tokugawa Albertosaurus an X-Plus release?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it is along with the Styrac. Shame that's as far as the line went.

I like the Styracosaurus myself..he feels like a Will Stout dino in 3D. Others have said it's way too emaciated which looking at him I guess is true..especially compared to David's Sideshow Styracosaurus.  But he's still plenty cool enough. ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

I bought them both when they were offered years ago as a set unpainted. I myself am very fond of the Albertosaurus, but for my tastes the Styracosaurus does suffer from "shrink wrap" badly. The pose is well done and detail is stunning, but the dinosaur looks half starved to death.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: