You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

How was the Saurolophus obtained? I ask twice because I don't want to make a thread to ask this question.

Would anyone be interested in helping me get one? I can pay....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 23, 2013, 06:30:45 AM
How was the Saurolophus obtained? I ask twice because I don't want to make a thread to ask this question.

Would anyone be interested in helping me get one? I can pay....

You would have to contact Helge/postsaurischian and see. That's where I was able to get mine from.

juju1305

Look what just made it to my place this morning

These new Favorite models looked good on the stock pictures but they're even better in person. Anatomically well done, fantastic color choices, clever removable base system for bipedal figures (and flying/swimming ones) these are really on the top of the list of affordable figures.

I'm just wondering why two species of the previous set were left out (pachycephalosaurus and apatosaurus). While I can overlook the pachy missing, another sauropod would have been great. And of course, the scale remains an issue; even though the brachiosaur is definitely bigger than its 2004 counterpart, which is an improvement. The rexes rank among the top rexes on the market, so does the styracosaurus which is fabulous. The choice of species is pretty much the only flaw, since it's horribly conventional.

radman

Looks like a really nice set Juju, congrats!  Where did you get them?  As you pointed out, a lot of these are really standard, so I'm only interested in acquiring a few of them, to join this bad boy:

Scale is ~1:40, AFAICT

@TQ: Unfortunately, the Saurolophus is currently only available at the Dino Expo in Osaka.  Like Blade, I got mine thanks to Postsaurischian.  Don't know if he can get more, but can't hurt to ask. ^-^  Clawmark might be able to help also.

Jetoar

Wonderful lot of Favorite figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice pic Radman. With a predator in that scene, maybe the Tarbosaurus , you could have a great diorama pic for the upcoming contest.

Sumo

The first of my bookshopping binge arrived: In the presence of dinosaurs by John Colagrande and illustrated by Larry Felder (a paleoartist whose existence, I am ashamed to admit, had completely passed me by until now). A little dated - hey, it's 13 years old - but pretty much every creature in it has a healthy coating of feathers/ pterofuzz!
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

radman

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2013, 03:46:37 PM
Nice pic Radman. With a predator in that scene, maybe the Tarbosaurus , you could have a great diorama pic for the upcoming contest.

Thanks!  Ha-ha, I actually took a few Tarbo pix at that same time, here's one:

What's the info on the upcoming contest, if any?  Obviously won't be using this pic! ;)

radman

Quote from: Sumo on April 23, 2013, 05:06:38 PM
The first of my bookshopping binge arrived: In the presence of dinosaurs by John Colagrande and illustrated by Larry Felder (a paleoartist whose existence, I am ashamed to admit, had completely passed me by until now). A little dated - hey, it's 13 years old - but pretty much every creature in it has a healthy coating of feathers/ pterofuzz!

I like that book a lot, many lovingly-rendered illustrations.

Libraraptor

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 22, 2013, 11:01:33 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 22, 2013, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2013, 10:42:26 PM
Both links are identical. But judging by the description, you got the Diplodocus skull from Pearl.

As for the Megatherium: Fantasy Dinosaur? Seriously is it that hard to look at its name? ::)

Thanks for the hint, modified my post! You´re right with Pearl, btw  ;)

As to looking at its name: Look at the seller´s other items, you´ll see he mostly sells thrash. So I presume he thought the same about this fantasy dinosaur. Listing each and every item was very time intensive for him, I guess :D :D
By the way: Can anyone tell if the Megatherium is Marx or MPC?

From how it looks to me Libra I would call it Marx. The MPC piece has a more shallow or hollowed out look .

Thank you!

Roselaar

Good to see I'm not the only one who got himself a complete set of 2012 Favoritesaurs. Guess more of us collectors thought Dinosaurtime's deal was just too great to ignore. :)

juju1305

Quote from: Roselaar on April 23, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
Good to see I'm not the only one who got himself a complete set of 2012 Favoritesaurs. Guess more of us collectors thought Dinosaurtime's deal was just too great to ignore. :)
Couldn't resist indeed. And they look better in person than on stock pictures.

juju1305

Quote from: radman on April 23, 2013, 12:34:21 PM
Looks like a really nice set Juju, congrats!  Where did you get them?  As you pointed out, a lot of these are really standard, so I'm only interested in acquiring a few of them, to join this bad boy:

Scale is ~1:40, AFAICT

@TQ: Unfortunately, the Saurolophus is currently only available at the Dino Expo in Osaka.  Like Blade, I got mine thanks to Postsaurischian.  Don't know if he can get more, but can't hurt to ask. ^-^  Clawmark might be able to help also.
I puchased them for dinosaurtime.co.uk which is the official Favorite distributor in Europe. They have some of the "old"ones laft on stock as well.
I'd love to know where you got that lovely saurolophus (I'm so jealous)  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: radman on April 23, 2013, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2013, 03:46:37 PM

Thanks!  Ha-ha, I actually took a few Tarbo pix at that same time, here's one:

What's the info on the upcoming contest, if any?  Obviously won't be using this pic! ;)

Should be official news posted soon I think.

Blackdanter

One of those daft and annoying obsessions ................. to try and complete the Dinowaurs collection. Four of the elusive limited release figures arrive but two left to find ...................................  :-\

darylj

What are the two you are looking for? I have the mosasaurus, ramphorynchus and parasaurolophus if you need them?

Blackdanter

Quote from: darylj on April 27, 2013, 12:34:31 PM
What are the two you are looking for? I have the mosasaurus, ramphorynchus and parasaurolophus if you need them?

Thanks for the offer. I only need the Baryonyx and Titanosaurus now  ;)

Roselaar

I found a good space for my new Favorites that saves me shelf space:

And today I got these in:

JP collection complete again!  :)

Sumo

"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you use four pins each, one at each corner,  I bet you could display the Favorites horizontally. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: