You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2013, 08:44:58 PM
If you use four pins each, one at each corner,  I bet you could display the Favorites horizontally. :)

Someone went to all the trouble creating the necessary holes in the card to hang them with, so who am I to ignore all that hard work?  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on April 28, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2013, 08:44:58 PM
If you use four pins each, one at each corner,  I bet you could display the Favorites horizontally. :)

Someone went to all the trouble creating the necessary holes in the card to hang them with, so who am I to ignore all that hard work?  :))

lol true!  Though for my personal taste most would look better horizontal..no extra hole needed really if you use large pins..I've done it with a few pieces here. ;D

Ikessauro

Here's todays arrival for me, Battat Ceratosaurus V1.! Finally here! Thanks to Rez. The differences between V1 and V2 Ceratosaurus are quite significant, V1 has way more evident details!

Also...
Don't you hate when this happens? I was so happy that I got the first issue of my PT subscription and the cover is damaged... Oh god why?? I'm kinda OCD about my collection stuff, if I bought it new, it's supposed to be new!!! I'll have to get another copy to replace it :-\ >:(

Invicta Hunter

To me the rex on that PT cover looks like the Papo running rex, does anyone else think so?

CityRaptor

Kinda hard to tell if we only see it like that.

But that Cover took some serious damage. While some little kinks might be expected when shipping ( nothing serious ), this is clearly not normal. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had similar rough handling of this issue as well. Contact Mike and he'll probably replace for you for free.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2013, 02:01:15 AM
I had similar rough handling of this issue as well. Contact Mike and he'll probably replace for you for free.

Mine was pretty beaten as well. The replacement has just arrived today! Apparently it was a printer issue.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 29, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
To me the rex on that PT cover looks like the Papo running rex, does anyone else think so?

Yeah, I thought so too when I first saw the cover. I took my model and compared to it and seems to me it really was the inspiration for the artist.

By the way, if anyone is wondering, I told Mike about the cover damage and he's gonna replace it for me. ;D  ^-^ Deserves the  *orthocone* emoticon...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 30, 2013, 05:00:10 AM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 29, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

Yeah, I thought so too when I first saw the cover. I took my model and compared to it and seems to me it really was the inspiration for the artist.

By the way, if anyone is wondering, I told Mike about the cover damage and he's gonna replace it for me. ;D  ^-^ Deserves the  *orthocone* emoticon...

Awesome. Mike is a great guy , glad he's taking care of you. :)

Roselaar

My less that stellar Queen's Day haul:

The last two years yielded much more impressive results on the dinosaur front. This year I had trouble finding good dinosaurs, despite raiding no less than four different cities! Better get back to Amsterdam next year, that's where all the fun is it seems. :-/
BTW, some of these dinosaur figures I cannot identify. If you can, please let me know in the Identification Thread.

Sumo

That's still 17x what I've managed to find in secondhand shops this year... Well done finding that Dinoking spinnable T.rex, it's really nice once you get it off the base.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Roselaar

Quote from: Sumo on April 30, 2013, 09:06:39 PM
That's still 17x what I've managed to find in secondhand shops this year... Well done finding that Dinoking spinnable T.rex, it's really nice once you get it off the base.

I was surprised to see this fun little Sega item (didn't know it even existed!), would you happen to be able to tell me more about it? Rarity, worldwide availability, what the heck its back story is, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Sumo

There's not a lot I know, but: The spinnable ones, which I'm sure have another name, were sold in sets of two.  The Tyrannosaurus I got was paired with a Triceratops, while the other set I know of has Lambeosaurus and... something ankylosaurid, if memory serves. 
As for rarity and availability I'm afraid I have no idea, nor do I know what the deal is with the spinning. Presumably it has some sort of in-game significance.
The regular models were readily available through TRU (and a chain called BR) in Norway and Sweden until late 2011, but I haven't been able to find any since. Such a shame, the line had some real beauties.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

SBell

Quote from: Sumo on April 30, 2013, 10:15:12 PM
There's not a lot I know, but: The spinnable ones, which I'm sure have another name, were sold in sets of two.  The Tyrannosaurus I got was paired with a Triceratops, while the other set I know of has Lambeosaurus and... something ankylosaurid, if memory serves. 
As for rarity and availability I'm afraid I have no idea, nor do I know what the deal is with the spinning. Presumably it has some sort of in-game significance.
The regular models were readily available through TRU (and a chain called BR) in Norway and Sweden until late 2011, but I haven't been able to find any since. Such a shame, the line had some real beauties.

I have a whole set of knock-off figures from a dollar store featuring those! There's Ankylosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Amargasaurus, Torosaurus, Certaosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. As with most DK stuff it did not seem to range out very far, and these ones less than others.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dinostoreus Allosaurus :

They have them on sale right now for 29.50

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

radman

1:20 Amazonsaurus:

All the way from Brasil!

darylj

i have moved house, and so am finally 'restarting' my collection. so excited!!
i recently got these in a 'lot' - not sure what they all are???
can anyone help? or should this be in the indentification thread?

i always thought this guy was more yellow, this is very pale, but i do know who this guy is :)

no idea about these two??

i recognize the carnegie pachy, and i think the other pachy is ukrd? the other two i dont know??

dont have a clue about these two??

and i obviously know this guy.. so happy i have this guy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Libraraptor

darlyi, the ones you donĀ“t know yet are mostly AAA.

And I love, love love Invicta Mamenchi! I got mine as a christmas present from my sister in 1994!

darylj

Ah. Thanks for the info  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: