You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 16, 2013, 08:01:53 PM
I dropped a brick.
Off topic, I know, but the discussion started here so I´d like to end it here.
I want to make clear that I am not anti-American.
And I did not mean to insult Darren Naish and the other three contributors, in truth I´d love to meet everyone in person if I had the chanceto  and do a little dinomania talking.
Insulting or offending anyone was not my intense.
I just found it disproportionate to list four contributors at the cover of such a small brochure.
They CAN be proud of their idea, and they implemented it it well and decently. But someone HAD to draw the skeletons...
But maybe I had expected a bigger, fatter book with even more paintings and strange ideas on this matter. You all know I love Dougal Dixon´s speculative Zoology and all this stuff.
I know I was wrong with the disproportional way I expressed this  disappointment. I dropped a brick. Sorry for that. Sometimes I am somewhat clumsy.
Everyone that's been here a long time knows you're a good great guy.  I've dropped a brick or two myself over the years.  Let's move on
all's good/Alles Klar  ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

That makes a good deal more sense , the way you said it. Thanks for clearing it up. Nice to see such a well stated response and best to you Libra . You do seem a very heads up guy, thanks
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 15, 2013, 09:44:19 PM
Hey, for those of us in the UK, dinosaurtime.co.uk has the new Favorites in stock. I bet they'll run out of stock fast :'(

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'm one of those people who will prove you right.  ;D

Ikessauro

Just got these.

Also got a Bullyland Neanderthal to complete my Evolution of men set, but forgot to include in the photo... :P

Bokisaurus

After a long hiatus, I'm back with some new additions to my collection ;D
First up, CollectA's

All 3 figure are beautifully sculpted, and exhibits CollectA's continued improvement year after year.

Next up is Geoworld Jurassic Hunter 2nd Expedition figures. They are flooding the market this year with 36 new dinosaur figures and 18 prehistoric mammals! This has to be a record for ANY company!
[

As you may have noticed, I went for the Sauropods and ceratopsians first :))

Last, some small funny looking figures from unknown company

Happy Hunting, Cheers! ;D

Libraraptor

Boki, very cool! Thank you for sharing new acquisitions. Some of those Geoworld are more than just decent. Their small theropods are mostly cool!

juju1305

Thanks for sharing. Some of these Geoworld figures are quite good, especially the falcarius and psittacosaurus.

sauroid

Boki, as usual, cool new ones.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

radman

Takama

I got it.   My most anticipated figure of the year

Roselaar

I got me a big box full of these beasties:

Suffice to say, they are mostly awesome!  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: radman on April 22, 2013, 05:20:06 PM

;D ;D ;D 8)
Where can I get this model? Anyone care to help me out? :-\

Libraraptor

Whoa, I bought these two yesterday:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/271188272373?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The Megatherium was declared "fantasy dinosaur"

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dinosaurierschadel-Diplodocus-1-4-/370737452372?pt=Welt_der_Tiere&hash=item5651ac9554

And this opportunity was unique! Usually this 1:4 skull replica costs three or even four times more than here!

CityRaptor

Both links are identical. But judging by the description, you got the Diplodocus skull from Pearl.

As for the Megatherium: Fantasy Dinosaur? Seriously is it that hard to look at its name? ::)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2013, 10:42:26 PM
Both links are identical. But judging by the description, you got the Diplodocus skull from Pearl.

As for the Megatherium: Fantasy Dinosaur? Seriously is it that hard to look at its name? ::)

Thanks for the hint, modified my post! You´re right with Pearl, btw  ;)

As to looking at its name: Look at the seller´s other items, you´ll see he mostly sells thrash. So I presume he thought the same about this fantasy dinosaur. Listing each and every item was very time intensive for him, I guess :D :D
By the way: Can anyone tell if the Megatherium is Marx or MPC?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 22, 2013, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2013, 10:42:26 PM

Thanks for the hint, modified my post! You´re right with Pearl, btw  ;)

As to looking at its name: Look at the seller´s other items, you´ll see he mostly sells thrash. So I presume he thought the same about this fantasy dinosaur. Listing each and every item was very time intensive for him, I guess :D :D
By the way: Can anyone tell if the Megatherium is Marx or MPC?

From how it looks to me Libra I would call it Marx. The MPC piece has a more shallow or hollowed out look .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on April 22, 2013, 08:45:35 PM
I got me a big box full of these beasties:

Suffice to say, they are mostly awesome!  :)

If there are any you don't really like..you could always re-sell em'. There are a few I'm looking for myself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: radman on April 22, 2013, 05:20:06 PM

;D ;D ;D 8)

Nice score ! I can't wait to get mine . :)  I'm not sure if when I get it, I should open it or not..  ???

Seijun

the plastic front has a cardboard back held in place by 2 or 4 pieces of tape. If you cut the tape, you can slide the cardboard out of the way and remove the dinosaur without actually harming the packaging :) The cardboard can be put back into place if you want to "repackage" the figure.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on April 23, 2013, 04:54:47 AM
the plastic front has a cardboard back held in place by 2 or 4 pieces of tape. If you cut the tape, you can slide the cardboard out of the way and remove the dinosaur without actually harming the packaging :) The cardboard can be put back into place if you want to "repackage" the figure.

Awesome ! Thanks for the tip !

Knowing how much you love Paras Seijun..you might want to check out my new pics on my art thread.. hope you like them ! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: