News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 24, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
I received this really nice Pteranodon figure. The only thing I know about it is that it's by Scientific Toys Ltd.

Only bad thing is the colour (which can be rectified) and the ugly seam on the chest area.

But it's one of the nicest crouching pteras I have seen  8)

It's part of a larger set that comes with a dinosaur quiz machine thingo. You put the figure on a special pad and the machine identifies it and gives you information (and questions) about it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Lio99

Look what I received in the mail today. Two rare liopleurodon figures.
The waiphoon & the panorama liopleurodon still mint condition in box, it is rare right?

Here is the panorama liopleurodon with all its booklet and tags.

The back of the box

and the waiphoon liopleurodon which is a chinosaur but a rare one.

sauroid

i just got this dino expo Edmontosaurus figure.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JohannesB

My new acquisitions. I like the Safari and Carnegie toy models. Can't wait for the Carnegie Brachiosaurus to arrive on the scene soon ...

[attachment msg=7151][/attachment]

tyrantqueen

More retro goodness  8)

Review is on its way  :)

Seijun

I am jealous of your brachi!

Today I got a near complete set of dinowaurs figures (missing two)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Metallisuchus

Wildheart, I love that Harriet's Sculptures Gemsbok. I don't collect any extant figures, but your collection has me considering it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 27, 2012, 03:36:42 PM

On my list of things to do - promise!  ;)

UK

Received these two reproduction marolin figures from dejankins. Limited edition figures commissioned from Germany, only available from dejankins.

[attachment msg=7297][/attachment]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 27, 2012, 03:36:42 PM
More retro goodness  8)

I love this one..I'm considering picking up a lot of the retro figures already..just need to get to it. ;D

Metallisuchus

Dinostoreus Tyrannosaurus & Triceratops desktop model

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 29, 2012, 07:52:19 PM
Dinostoreus Tyrannosaurus & Triceratops desktop model

Very cool. For some reason I had never seen good photos of this statue before :)

Metallisuchus

Well it's nice to know you think these are good photos, as I never really use cameras. I haven't seen any mentions of this brand here on DTF. I got this at a museum - my most expensive piece yet.

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 29, 2012, 08:22:58 PM
Well it's nice to know you think these are good photos, as I never really use cameras. I haven't seen any mentions of this brand here on DTF. I got this at a museum - my most expensive piece yet.

I'm thinking about getting one of those too and it would be my most expensive piece as well. As far as statues go it seems to be a great piece for the price. Your pictures will ultimately help me make a decision so thanks for posting them.

Metallisuchus

Glad to be of help. I wish I could afford some of the more expensive pieces. For now, I just treat myself to Carnegie/Safari models because they cost so little in comparison, and are still of great quality.

Bokisaurus

OMG, it feels like its been eons since I received something new or even posted!  >:D
Here are some of my newly acquired figures
Some of CollectA's 2012 modern animals! Really wonderful figures!

the herd

Also got this SRG Mosasaur! Yes! >:D

stoneage

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 29, 2012, 10:48:13 PM
OMG, it feels like its been eons since I received something new or even posted!  >:D
Here are some of my newly acquired figures
Some of CollectA's 2012 modern animals! Really wonderful figures!

the herd

Also got this SRG Mosasaur! Yes! >:D

Nice pictures and figures!  Interesting for you to use a different backgroud.  Where did you get the SRG Mosasaurus?

Metallisuchus

I love the Okapi figurines.

Okapi & Dilophosaurus plush

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: