News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Queen's Day treated me kindly again (though not as mindboggingly fabulous as last year). I found these:

-JPS1 Stegosaurus (no dino damage piece): 50 cts
-TLWS1 Tembo Pachycephalosaurus hatchling: 50 cts
-TLWS1 Junior T-Rex: 50 cts
-TLWS1 Pachycephalosaurus (small): 50 cts
-TLWS1 Velociraptor x2: one 50 cts, the other 30 cts
-JP III Aqua Attack Spinosaurus: 50 cts
-Albert Heijn Tasmanian Tiger: 5 cts
-AAA Ceratosaurus: 1 euro
-Chap Mei DV3 Styracosaurus (the one with light and sounds): 2 euro
-Playmobil Spinosaurus with two hatchlings: 3 euro
-Schleich Apatosaurus (small): 1 euro
-Schleich Stegosaurus (the more recent one): 50 cts
-Schleich Edmontosaurus: 1 euro
-Schleich Ouranosaurus: 50 cts :)
-Schleich Desmatosuchus 25 cts :)
-Invicta T-Rex: 10 cts :)
-Invicta painted Triceratops: 50 cts :)
-Bullyland Batrachotomus: 1 euro

Also found two cool books, Special Effects: History and Technique, and Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight, plus a huge load of comic books and graphic novels of among others Hellboy, Batman, Spider-Man, Donald Duck, Storm, X-Men, Avengers, Spawn and Witchblade. So I've got some light reading to do for the next few months.  :)

I did leave some dinosaurs lying around I should have bought in hindsight though: a JP III Spinosaurus, Pteranodon and Brachiosaurus, an oldie Schleich T-Rex and Triceratops, a classic Carnegie Spinosaurus, a Safari baby Apatosaurus and a Safari Great Dinosaurs Spinosaurus come to mind as items I should have picked up after all. Oh, well...  :-\

sauroid

congrats on your latest haul Roselaar. at that price, you should have bought them all. cant wait to see pics. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 29, 2012, 10:54:45 PM
I love the Okapi figurines.

Okapi & Dilophosaurus plush

Nice ! I like the plush Dilo..who makes him ?

Metallisuchus

Toy Network makes the Dilophosaurus. My mom got it for me for Christmas '08. Dinosaurs for Christmas - I guess some things never change  ;)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stoneage on April 29, 2012, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 29, 2012, 10:48:13 PM
OMG, it feels like its been eons since I received something new or even posted!  >:D
Here are some of my newly acquired figures
Some of CollectA's 2012 modern animals! Really wonderful figures!

Also got this SRG Mosasaur! Yes! >:D

Nice pictures and figures!  Interesting for you to use a different backgroud.  Where did you get the SRG Mosasaurus?

Thanks, Stoneage. Yes, I'm experimenting a bit ;D I tried it with my usual, but the figures are dark and blended with the backgroud ;D
I got that SRG mosasaur on ebay, for less than $50 ;) I was surprised :o ;)

Thats a nice plush Okapi, was it produced by KMI?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 30, 2012, 11:33:24 PM
Toy Network makes the Dilophosaurus. My mom got it for me for Christmas '08. Dinosaurs for Christmas - I guess some things never change  ;)

Not at all..lol

Thanks for the info, it looks really nice..I'm very tempted to find one as well. :)

I did get this fellow in today , Carnotaurus bust by Tommy Kollmer :

Expect to be hearing more about Tommy later.. ;)

sauroid

nice bust. how big is it?

the Schleich Apatosaurus i got recently

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

brontodocus

Please forgive me... :-[

...I have done evil! >:D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

lcamiro

Quote from: brontodocus on May 01, 2012, 10:37:41 AM

Ohh Lord, you really went straight to dark side of the force  >:D  >:D  Now you are imprisoned in Ebay evil forces  ;)

I looked for refuge in Japans auctions, but recent Battat sighthings are dragging me back in EBay black hole  >:(

Annekin Skywalker has become Lord Vader !!!! 

postsaurischian

:o :o  SINNER  ;D ;D!!!

Congrats - your Dino toy collection is moving towards perfection ;).

postsaurischian

Dyscrasia

tyrantqueen

Brontodocus, the only thing I can say is....I don't envy your wallet ;)

Anyway here is the new Schleich I received today

Meeting its french cousin  :P

I also received the new Schleich Parasaurolophus, but since it's just repainted and shrunk down I figured there wasn't much point in photographing it XD

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 01, 2012, 03:49:35 PM
Brontodocus, the only thing I can say is....I don't envy your wallet ;)

Anyway here is the new Schleich I received today

Meeting its french cousin  :P

I also received the new Schleich Parasaurolophus, but since it's just repainted and shrunk down I figured there wasn't much point in photographing it XD

wow, she is looken good. Is the jaw all rubbery like the Papo Rexs?

tyrantqueen

Quotewow, she is looken good. Is the jaw all rubbery like the Papo Rexs?
Well it opens and closes like the Papo Rex does. The jaw's open and closing mechanism is an almost perfect copy of the Papo's too.
The figure does feel kinda rubbery all over, not the hard plastic-y texture you feel when you touch a Schleich figure.
It's more closer to the texture of Bullyland models (kinda soft rubbery) feel.

Hope that makes sense XD

Thagirion

They're beautiful, Takama.  Hehe, the rexes are trying to warm their way back into my #1 spot.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Simon

CONGRATULATIONS BRONTODOCUS!!!!!!!!  YOU HIT THE 'MOTHER LODE'!!!!!

(As an aside, what is wrong with ebay?  Without ebay we would have no chance at all to ever find stuff like Battat, or many Japanese dinos.  Icamiro - I assume you are kidding when you said you 'sought refuge' on JAUCE - with the fees and costs its a heckuva lot more expensive than ebay.)

BTW, that new Schleich TRex ALMOST looks tempting enough to get ... wish we had more photos from other angles ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on May 01, 2012, 07:14:03 AM
nice bust. how big is it?

the Schleich Apatosaurus i got recently

It's around 18" high and about 16" from nose the back of head I think.

I love that Schleich Apato..his blue-ish color reminds me of cheapo blue Diplo  I had when I was little. :)

Seijun

Quote from: brontodocus on May 01, 2012, 10:37:41 AM

I don't suppose this means you have any "extra" battats now, do you?  ;)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

QuoteBTW, that new Schleich TRex ALMOST looks tempting enough to get ... wish we had more photos from other angles ...
Sure...this enough angles for ya?

Any particular angles you had in mind?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: