News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Wow, I was way off, haha. Very retro-looking, but cool piece nonetheless.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 05, 2012, 01:16:14 AM
Thanks for all the different pic shots of the new Schleich Rex, TyrantQueen! I don't think he's that bad after all. So, I guess he/she's about the size of the Papo Rex, maybe a tad smaller? It is interesting how much less detailed their paint jobs are than the catalog pics, especially the Para. I'm still thinking about getting some of this new line, but definitely will be cherry-picking!
You're welcome :)
Yeah just a tiny bit smaller

Some of them are absolutely horrible, like their Velociraptor and Spinosaurus. Some of them are okay though. I like the new colour scheme for the Apato, it's much more appealing IMO

sauroid

Quote from: JurassicJr on May 05, 2012, 03:43:54 AM
I also added this nice, large Dimetrodon to my collection yesterday! I haven't seen a Dimetrodon as large as it is that looks as good.

hi. who made this Dimetrodon?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Himmapaan

Gwangi

Went to a local book sale today, among the largest in the country so I'm told. I got quite a nice haul, you'll see some relevant titles in there.

Also picked up my first and perhaps only extant dinosaur figure, the Safari white pelican. I've been wanting to include an extant bird in there for some time, if only to entice the bird/dinosaur connection conversation from guests.

Himmapaan

Oh, gosh, those books...

I hope your acquisition of extant dinosaurs won't stop there.  ;) You may as well succumb to the alarming growth in breadth of your collection, like so many of us have.  :))

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 05, 2012, 09:09:41 PM
Oh, gosh, those books...

I hope your acquisition of extant dinosaurs won't stop there.  ;) You may as well succumb to the alarming growth in breadth of your collection, like so many of us have.  :))

The temptation is great but I'm staying firm on this, extinct animals only. If I started collecting extant animals, well...I shudder at the thought.

Metallisuchus

Nice finds there, Gwangi. I'd like to find a cassowary, myself. And like you, I'm almost strictly an extinct animal collector, except for the Safari peafowl I picked up for my girlfriend's X-mas stocking.

brontodocus

Congrats on those books, Gwangi! Oh, and I see two ones by Richard Ellis, very nice! 8)
The bad news is of course that now you've bought the pelican... your collection is in danger. Soon you see more and more extant figures that are beautifully made and consider one or the other extant synapsid or diapsid and BAM! Everything is piled up with figures of extant animals. ;D

EDIT: D'oh! What an embarrassing typo, I hope nobody saw it... :-[

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

sauroid

i just got this Styracosaurus from a garage sale

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JurassicJr

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 05, 2012, 04:49:47 AM
Wow, I was way off, haha. Very retro-looking, but cool piece nonetheless.
Thanks!

JurassicJr

Quote from: sauroid on May 05, 2012, 12:46:23 PM
Quote from: JurassicJr on May 05, 2012, 03:43:54 AM
I also added this nice, large Dimetrodon to my collection yesterday! I haven't seen a Dimetrodon as large as it is that looks as good.

hi. who made this Dimetrodon?
It is made by Toy Major Trading Co.

JurassicJr

Quote from: sauroid on May 06, 2012, 10:02:45 AM
i just got this Styracosaurus from a garage sale

That's a great find, I wish that I could find one at a garage sale! That Styracosaurus is part of the Sega Dinosaur King line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just won this grail of mine from eBay ;D :

It will have to do til Shane makes one... :lol

brontodocus

Congrats, Chris! :) Better hide it from Helge, though... ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on May 07, 2012, 12:38:11 PM

....... yeah, I was bidder #2 :'(.
But I'm glad it was you, Chris.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 07, 2012, 12:50:12 PM
....... yeah, I was bidder #2 :'( .
Ouch, sorry for putting my foot in, I didn't know about that... :-[
Let's keep our fingers crossed for a re-release of the pre-made one! :)

sauroid

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2012, 08:32:25 AM
Just won this grail of mine from eBay ;D :

It will have to do til Shane makes one... :lol
cant wait to see this fully assembled/painted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 07, 2012, 12:50:12 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on May 07, 2012, 12:38:11 PM

....... yeah, I was bidder #2 :'(.

Sorry bud...you never know who your bidding against  I guess.  :(  Thanks though. :)

Yeah I had it on my watch list for awhile trying to figure if  I could afford it or not even..I finally decided to just bite the bullet..they don't turn up often of course..last one I saw went for 500.00 ..def couldn't afford that.  :/  I really should have waited I guess and skipped this one. I lost my seasonal job last month and have been using what funds I had stored up. Guess this is just more motivation to get selling again.  They might reissue this one as a pre-painted piece..I found it in an old catalog of mine..it was being sold for around 300.00 but the Rex and Allo they are reissuing were more as well in it..around 70-80 each so who knows. It was a really tough decision to get this one..but I love the BIG guys and girls too much  I guess.  :)

While I'm thinking of it, does anyone else have pics of this big girl built and painted ? I was only able to find pics of Don Glut's from his collection. Can't seem to locate anymore anywhere .

Thanks guys ! I promise to get this built and painted up really nice for everyone to enjoy !  ^-^

lcamiro

BULLYLAND GOMPHOTHERIUM - Finally!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: