You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JurassicJr

I just got this neat Sega Dinosaur King T-Rex via eBay. I believe that it has picked up the scent of the poor Triceratops!

tyrantqueen

^ Nice Rex, looks better than the stock photo :)

Post was late today, but I did get one new thing

New recoloured Schleich Apato, with the CollectA Stego for scale XD

Roselaar

Got two packages in today. The first one, the result of a trade, contained:

-Wild Safari Leptoceratops
-Bullyland Pteranodon Sternbergi (squatting)
-Colorata Deinonychus
-Colorata Velociraptor
-Kinto Favorite Allosaurus

The second one, with Ebay BIN catches, featured:

-Collecta Australovenator
-Collecta Irritator
-Collecta Ampelosaurus
-Collecta Alamosaurus
-Collecta Lourinhanosaurus
-Wild Safari Acrocanthosaurus
-Wild Safari Dracorex
-Wild Safari Vagaceratops
-Wild Safari Ceratosaurus
-Wild Safari Prehistoric Mammal Skull Toob

So that's 35 figures/sets in less than 10 days. I'm on a roll! :)

CityRaptor

Wow! My Dad would ask you if you did not have already enough Dinosaurs...

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2012, 06:59:03 AM
Got three lovely Bullylands this morning, and a retro book  8)

The Iguanodon and Plateosaurus may be outdated but I love 'em XDD Funnily enough, the Bullyland Iguanodon is in the almost exact same pose as the Carnegie one :O

Ah, got the Pteranodon and Plateosaurus aswell some months ago. Funny thing about the Plateosaurus is that it is based on a model seen in the Museum in Stuttgart. Same for most others of Bullyland's Triassic Creatures.

The Iguanodon is in a rather classic pose. A lot older Iguanodons look like that. Nothing special.

Quote from: Wildheart on May 09, 2012, 07:12:31 PM

The more I see that Triceratops, the more I want it. Probably does not help that I saw a larger model of a dead Trike in Münchehagen aswell...Alos want the family groups.
Now if only the German Online stores would get them in stock...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pilkington

Here's some stuff I got a while ago:

Also my sister was kind enough to get me this for Easter:

Yes, I know Easter was a month ago but my computer went wonky and I wasn't able to upload pictures until now.  Here's what was inside:

It was delicious!  ;D
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pilkington on May 11, 2012, 05:47:16 AM
Here's some stuff I got a while ago:

Also my sister was kind enough to get me this for Easter:

Yes, I know Easter was a month ago but my computer went wonky and I wasn't able to upload pictures until now.  Here's what was inside:

It was delicious!  ;D

Nice ! I love chocolate Dino eggs...used have a couple diff ones around here..now none. Guess they went extinct...what with everyone eating them..lol

SBell

What a great way to start a weekend! FOUR of Malcolm's FaunaCasts!

Moschops, Mastodon, Moropus and Megachoerus!  Well, Daeodon, but I had an alliteration thing going there... ;D

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Roselaar on May 02, 2012, 02:37:35 PM
Made these pics of my Queen's Day finds for the JPtoys boards, but why not post it here too.  :)):

Dinosaurs, JP and otherwise:

The electronic dinosaurs were all still in perfect working order, much to my surprise.

Comics/Graphic Novels/Books:

Thas a prety nice dino collection, I used to have the Green ceraopsid

A good year, and quality over quantity compared to last year.
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

tyrantqueen

I received this lovely guy. It's in the process of being glued so I haven't filled in the seams yet :P

Thank you Mr Krentz!  ^-^

Metallisuchus

What will you use to fill in the seams? Really nice model, by the way. I haven't gotten to that point yet - assembly & painting.

SBell

And now I have my photo (again, Mastodon, Daeodon, Moropus, Moschops).  All awesome:

Takama

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 03:49:35 AM
And now I have my photo (again, Mastodon, Daeodon, Moropus, Moschops).  All awesome:

Are they supoesd to be to scale with eachother

SBell

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2012, 04:11:15 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 03:49:35 AM

Are they supoesd to be to scale with eachother

All figures of his are 1/40 (unless stated otherwise), so yes.  Makes Moschops look huge, huh? Or Mastodons look small.

Pawnosuchus

I've never been a completist but just recently I finally obtained the Battat Dilophosaurus to complete my Battat set. I went years without that one and once I got it I realize why. In my opinion it is the worst of the Battats. Something about it just looks butt-ugly to me.

jhudstone

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on May 14, 2012, 03:20:03 PM
I've never been a completist but just recently I finally obtained the Battat Dilophosaurus to complete my Battat set. I went years without that one and once I got it I realize why. In my opinion it is the worst of the Battats. Something about it just looks butt-ugly to me.

I'm sorry - i will take it off your hands for a small fee as a service if you like. :)

Seijun

Which version did you get? Ver 3 isn't too bad.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 14, 2012, 12:32:43 AM
What will you use to fill in the seams? Really nice model, by the way. I haven't gotten to that point yet - assembly & painting.
Epoxy putty (milliput) and a little water :) Do you have this guy too?

Metallisuchus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 14, 2012, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 14, 2012, 12:32:43 AM
Epoxy putty (milliput) and a little water :) Do you have this guy too?

No, nothing I collect requires any work, haha. I'm intimidated by that stuff as I've never done it. I'm afraid I'd mess up a nice, expensive piece. What I meant though, was what do you use to apply the epoxy? A toothpick and your fingers?

Then again, I picked up stained glass very easily. I'm sure if somebody could show me in person how to work with these types of pieces (using epoxy, painting them, etc.), I could get the hang of it.

Takama

Papo Smilodon.

Fairly decent for a Papo sculpt

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: