You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

This just in, after I plundered Everything Dinosaur again last week

Bullyland Therizinosaurus
Bullyland Dilophosaurus
Bullyland Dimetrodon
Collecta Dolichorhynchops
Collecta Miragaia
Collecta Camptosaurus
Collecta Utahceratops
Collecta Kosmoceratops
Collecta Mapusaurus , a bit of a letdown, the final figure isnt as cool as its official picture
Collecta Hypsilophodon family , cute but oh so small...
Collecta Deluxe Nigersaurus , this thing is really frickin huge!
Collecta Deluxe Paraceratherium
Collecta Deluxe Neovenator , really nice!

Dan

I don't get many models for myself, but in case anyone missed it, this came in about a week ago. Shane Foulkes Triceratops, built and painted by Martin Garratt (except for the taxidermy eyes, which Shane was nice enough to add himself).

postsaurischian

That Triceratops is so AWESOME!! You have a true treasure there, Dan :).

Gwangi

Quote from: brontodocus on May 06, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
Congrats on those books, Gwangi! Oh, and I see two ones by Richard Ellis, very nice! 8)
The bad news is of course that now you've bought the pelican... your collection is in danger. Soon you see more and more extant figures that are beautifully made and consider one or the other extant synapsid or diapsid and BAM! Everything is piled up with figures of extant animals. ;D

EDIT: D'oh! What an embarrassing typo, I hope nobody saw it... :-[

Oh yes, I love Richard Ellis's work. I have a pretty good collection of his books. As for the extant animals...it just is not gonna happen, it can't happen.

brontodocus

Quote from: Gwangi on May 07, 2012, 09:45:27 PM
Oh yes, I love Richard Ellis's work. I have a pretty good collection of his books. As for the extant animals...it just is not gonna happen, it can't happen.
Hehe, I'll remind you in a year or so... ;D Of course it's good to have one's collecting under self control but the temptation is always lurking!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 07, 2012, 07:30:22 PM
This just in, after I plundered Everything Dinosaur again last week

Bullyland Therizinosaurus
Bullyland Dilophosaurus
Bullyland Dimetrodon
Collecta Dolichorhynchops
Collecta Miragaia
Collecta Camptosaurus
Collecta Utahceratops
Collecta Kosmoceratops
Collecta Mapusaurus , a bit of a letdown, the final figure isnt as cool as its official picture
Collecta Hypsilophodon family , cute but oh so small...
Collecta Deluxe Nigersaurus , this thing is really frickin huge!
Collecta Deluxe Paraceratherium
Collecta Deluxe Neovenator , really nice!

What scale are the collecta miragaia, Utahceratops, and Kosmoceratops? I HAVE TO KNOW OR THE SKY WILL TURN BLACK, METEORS WILL RAIN DOWN, AND SMURFS WILL ENSLAVE THE HUMAN RACE.

Primeval12

Quote from: Roselaar on May 02, 2012, 02:37:35 PM
Made these pics of my Queen's Day finds for the JPtoys boards, but why not post it here too.  :)):

Dinosaurs, JP and otherwise:

What's Queen's day?

Takama

two new reptiles flyed and craweld in to my house

tyrantqueen

I got the old CollectA Stegosaurus.

Don't kill me for saying this but I actually prefer this sculpt over the Deluxe version  >:D

Takama, is that Pteranodon a CollectA? It looks nice  :)

Takama

Why yes it is.

That Stegosaur looks alot more green then mine. Is it like that in person, or is it your shining effects on your camera

sauroid

i couldnt resist the cartoony ugliness of these two so i bought them  :))

CollectA baby Spinosaurus

Mojo Fun Velociraptor

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Horridus

Quote from: primeval12 on May 08, 2012, 12:29:30 AM
What's Queen's day?
It's a national holiday in the Netherlands, which is all about wearing orange wigs.

(OK, not really. Check out the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koninginnedag)

They have flea markets in the streets. If they are indeed such a treasure trove of dinosaur figures, I should make sure I'm over there for it next year...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

Horridus is more or less right, orange wigs is what Queen's Day is mostly about. That, and rampant nation wide alcoholism. ::) But yeah, the entire country is one big flea market, and there's a lot of dinosaurs to be found with a little luck. I had such luck this year I'll say.

Brachiosaurus, I'm not sure about the scale of those Collecta figs (there were no tags on them, or mentioning of the scale on their undersides like with Bullyland figures). Both Ceratopsids are slightly smaller than last year's Collecta Torosaurus, while the Miragaia is about the same size as that figure. Hope this helps.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 08, 2012, 07:32:36 PM
Horridus is more or less right, orange wigs is what Queen's Day is mostly about. That, and rampant nation wide alcoholism. ::) But yeah, the entire country is one big flea market, and there's a lot of dinosaurs to be found with a little luck. I had such luck this year I'll say.

Brachiosaurus, I'm not sure about the scale of those Collecta figs (there were no tags on them, or mentioning of the scale on their undersides like with Bullyland figures). Both Ceratopsids are slightly smaller than last year's Collecta Torosaurus, while the Miragaia is about the same size as that figure. Hope this helps.

If you have the schelich human that cam with their museum replicas, you can put the miragaia next to it and post a picture of it and that will answer the question "for the miragia at least, which is the most important to me." P.S. how did you like my doomsday thingy with the smurfs,meteors, and black sky.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 08, 2012, 02:32:30 PM
Why yes it is.

That Stegosaur looks alot more green then mine. Is it like that in person, or is it your shining effects on your camera
Most likely just the flash from the camera  :)

Got three lovely Bullylands this morning, and a retro book  8)

The Iguanodon and Plateosaurus may be outdated but I love 'em XDD Funnily enough, the Bullyland Iguanodon is in the almost exact same pose as the Carnegie one :O

Roselaar

I'm sorry, Brachio, I haven't got that Schleich human. I do have the Collecta human figure that came with some of their Deluxe figures. I don't know about the size differences between the human figure from both companies though, maybe someone here who owns both of them can help?

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
I'm sorry, Brachio, I haven't got that Schleich human. I do have the Collecta human figure that came with some of their Deluxe figures. I don't know about the size differences between the human figure from both companies though, maybe someone here who owns both of them can help?

They're the same. Or at least close enough.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on May 09, 2012, 03:41:15 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 02:46:24 PM

They're the same. Or at least close enough.

Then this should do the trick:

DinoFan45

"Life will find a way."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: