News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 25, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

I must confess that I've never considered to get the Schleich T-Rex, but the new gold & red exclusives pump up its collector value, so I go for the Red one if I see it online, or if someone cand lend me a hand to get it please send me a PM.

I second that. If anyone is willing to go through that trouble I would be very apreciative.
Red and gold.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

EmperorDinobot

I FOUND THEM!!!!!! He is beautiful!!! SO beautiful! :D:D:D:D:D

Review in my new blog: http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/

stargatedalek

my parents just got back and they got the mail on the way home, I had 2 packages :D
-a trade from another collector on the forums (Roselaar) with the Papo Nile Crocodile, Kaiyodo Dinotales rutiodon, and Kaiyodo Dinotales plesiosaurus skeleton
-and an eBay package from Japan, with my Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Marine Reptiles set

sepp

Not quite a dinosaur toy, but still one of the new gems of my dinosaur collection if you don't mind the awful pun :)

It's gem-grade dinosaur bone :) I commissioned it from http://www.differentseasonsjewelry.com/ and the man who made it and runs the site, Mark Anderson, stopped by my house today while he was in town to hand deliver it!

amargasaurus cazaui

I have a round ring quite similar for color and cell structure myself , the blues are a great color for a ring. I know Mark Anderson, he does solid work and really makes some gorgeous jewelry in dinosaur bone. I am impressed that he quit dealing Blackjack to go into his hobby full time and seems to be doing quite well with it. He really seems talented and I think he makes some great stones.He hangs out alot on the Facebook on the gembone lovers page, as well as the boneyard, a page dedicated to dinosaur bone selling.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sepp

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 28, 2014, 08:04:15 AM
I have a round ring quite similar for color and cell structure myself , the blues are a great color for a ring. I know Mark Anderson, he does solid work and really makes some gorgeous jewelry in dinosaur bone. I am impressed that he quit dealing Blackjack to go into his hobby full time and seems to be doing quite well with it. He really seems talented and I think he makes some great stones.He hangs out alot on the Facebook on the gembone lovers page, as well as the boneyard, a page dedicated to dinosaur bone selling.

He really does do amazing work. He's got some really awesome projects on the way he told me about - when I was talking to him he seemed really happy and excited to be doing jewelry making full time. He's talented enough that I know he will continue to do well.

I really have to plug him as a reputable person to get awesome jewelry from! :)

Manatee

I got all of the Battat Terra dinosaurs today, as you can see. They are amazing in terms of accuracy. (Besides the obvious lack of feathers in the N. brevispinus.)

Image unfortunately is not working, but you should know what they look like by now.

Raptoress

Reduced from £20 to £10 at Toys R Us. :) Unfortunately they didn't have the one I wanted most, the troodon. :( But I've ordered Scowler and the troodon so they'll be coming here soon. ^^

Ridureyu

Today, I found the Pentaceratops and Therizinosaurus from Schleich:

"Hello, everybody!"

"Jazz hands!"

EmperorDinobot

I went to TRU and mysteriously skipped the Schleich section... though to be honest mum was driving, it was 8:30 and I said I'd be in and out in 5 minutes. Shame on me, 'coz those look great. Whenever Schleich comes out with non T.rex dinosaurs, they're usually nice, like Saltasaurus, and their Stegosaurus is my favorite Stego of all time.

Raptoress

Quote from: Ridureyu on August 30, 2014, 07:17:54 AM
Today, I found the Pentaceratops and Therizinosaurus from Schleich

Very nice. I have the Pentaceratops and apart from the feet, it is quite good. I also love the Therizinosaurus. Was going to get it but the one in the shop I went to was full of paint rubs and marks from kids playing with them. :(

Invicta Hunter

Do they sell Schleich dinosaurs in UK Toys R Us shops?

Raptoress

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 30, 2014, 05:20:49 PM
Do they sell Schleich dinosaurs in UK Toys R Us shops?

Yes they do. At least in my local one they do. They also sell them in Smyth's and The Entertainer.

Invicta Hunter

Im going to Cardiff tomorrow so i'll take a look and see what i can find.

brandem

hey all this krentz tylosaurus isn't a recent acquisition, though did I only find time to make it desk appropriate this weekend, love working with aquatics.

tyrantqueen

Colours remind me a little of a sea snake :)

brandem

Why yes :) a (blue lipped in think) sea krait was the inspiration, I originally tried to do something sort of like a russo's dolphin and while it looked alright a was afraid the scars wouldn't  one off as such.

A.Garcia

Dinosaurs of the summer. These are my first three CollectA, and second Battat. :)

Raptoress

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 30, 2014, 09:09:27 PM
Im going to Cardiff tomorrow so i'll take a look and see what i can find.

I didn't know there was a Toys R Us in Cardiff. I'll have to go there sometime. I usually go to The Entertainer or Hamley's. Hamley's has both Schleich and Papo dinosaurs. Never been to Smyth's in Cardiff, though.

postsaurischian

Got me the new Favorite SoftModels ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: