News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 01, 2014, 02:02:21 PM
Got me the new Favorite SoftModels ^-^.

Aii those are very nice!
Dunk has a tiny tailproblem I believe, but nonetheless very desirable  ^-^
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

stoneage

Postsaurischian, where did you get your favorite figures?

tyrantqueen

Alexxitator, I hate to be the one who says this, but could you please refrain from quoting entire photos in your posts? :) We have a "soft" rule against it:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2207.0

Hynerpeton

How big is favorite Anomolocaris?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those look pretty cool..I'm actually tempted to buy a non-saurian... lol

A.Garcia

Those new Favorites look nice. I hope they will keep expanding their lines (and using Tokugawa sculpts!). Now, if I want a Dunkleosteus, it might not be as simple as unquestioningly ordering the Safari model, will it?

SBell

Quote from: A.Garcia on September 01, 2014, 06:47:14 PM
Those new Favorites look nice. I hope they will keep expanding their lines (and using Tokugawa sculpts!). Now, if I want a Dunkleosteus, it might not be as simple as unquestioningly ordering the Safari model, will it?

The tail ruins it. Just like the weakest Dinotales figure. It is unlikely that placoderms would have had shark-like tails.

I have a feeling that the sculptors read that placoderms have 'heterocercal' tails, and take that to mean shark-like. Which is wrong. It just means that the dorsal and ventral sides are different sizes. Just like, say, polypterids or some eels.

So as far as best-ever made, still the Safari. Someday I'll track down the Favorite because it's kind of neat, but he Safari will continue to be the favourite.

tyrantqueen

How accurate is Sean Cooper's Dunkleosteus?

I know it's not an option for most people due to its size and price, but I think the sculpting is gorgeous, and if the anatomy was correct that would be the icing on the cake.

Meso-Cenozoic

Sepp -- Beautiful ring! I'm assuming that was your dino-bone stone?

Ridureyu -- Love the Penta too, despite his feet. I also saw and got to hold the Theri. He is a very cool figure. But for me, more of a monster than a dino. He'd be a cool opponent for my Godzilla, though!  ;)

Brandem -- Cool mounting of the Krentz Tylosaurus! I like that idea of the ring of water he's coming out of. Maybe adding a bit of foamy splash right around him would be cool too. But awesome as it is already. Good imaginative work!

Postsaurischian -- Right or wrong, those two Favorite SoftModels are beautiful pieces. And their paint job is also very neat. That's always a plus!  :D

Tyrantqueen -- I don't know how accurate Sean Cooper's Dunkleosteus is, but you're right, that is one gorgeous sculpt! Congrats on obtaining that one for your collection! Will you or someone be painting it in the future, or leaving it au naturel? I do like it as is. Like a beautiful stone sculpture. But with a professional painters touch, it could look pretty amazing too. Something sculpted that well, I'd be afraid to touch on my own. Hehe!

alexeratops

I grabbed 2 of the new Battats. I will post a video review sometime soon on this thread.
The Cryolophosaurus and the Nanshuignosaurus. Epic models, can't wait to get the others!
like a bantha!

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 01, 2014, 08:06:38 PM
How accurate is Sean Cooper's Dunkleosteus?

I know it's not an option for most people due to its size and price, but I think the sculpting is gorgeous, and if the anatomy was correct that would be the icing on the cake.

It's a really nice sculpt, really not that different in overall detail as the Safari--but the latter fits far more budgets! And it's already painted (the original, shiny-gold paint was a little better than the current, slightly less shiny paint).

Hynerpeton

How big in inches are these figures? 4in,5in,what? The favorite prehistoric soft models
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

A.Garcia

Predino, these are the dimensions given by the site- Anomalocaris: L17×W9.5×H8cm. Dunkleosteus: L15.5×W5.7×H15.5cm.
This is their product site: http://www.f-favorite.net/

SBell, I didn't know the paint had changed. Do you know if there is any quality difference, other than the paint shade itself? Also, do you know of any noticeable paint changes in other Safari models? I've never gotten the Postosuchus or Dunkleosteus, but always figured I would someday.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: A.Garcia on September 02, 2014, 05:00:43 AM
Predino, these are the dimensions given by the site- Anomalocaris: L17×W9.5×H8cm. Dunkleosteus: L15.5×W5.7×H15.5cm.
This is their product site: http://www.f-favorite.net/

SBell, I didn't know the paint had changed. Do you know if there is any quality difference, other than the paint shade itself? Also, do you know of any noticeable paint changes in other Safari models? I've never gotten the Postosuchus or Dunkleosteus, but always figured I would someday.

Thanks :) wish i could get a soft model but right now pricey. :(
Walking With Monsers:

postsaurischian

I'm pretty sure that Dejankins will have the Prehistoric Life models sooner or later ;).

Takama

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2014, 06:27:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that Dejankins will have the Prehistoric Life models sooner or later ;).

Last I asked him about those. He said he was having problems getting them, so I would not hold my breath

tyrantqueen

QuoteTyrantqueen -- I don't know how accurate Sean Cooper's Dunkleosteus is, but you're right, that is one gorgeous sculpt! Congrats on obtaining that one for your collection! Will you or someone be painting it in the future, or leaving it au naturel? I do like it as is. Like a beautiful stone sculpture. But with a professional painters touch, it could look pretty amazing too. Something sculpted that well, I'd be afraid to touch on my own. Hehe!
Oh, no, I don't own it. That wasn't my photo, it was just something I found on google image search to illustrate my point. I am considering buying it in future, though :)

Alexxitator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 01, 2014, 05:11:40 PM
Alexxitator, I hate to be the one who says this, but could you please refrain from quoting entire photos in your posts? :) We have a "soft" rule against it:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2207.0

Ah missed that one. I usually edit most pics out aswell and shall resume doing so.
Nothing wrong with reminding me of given (if overlooked) soft or hard rules.

---------------------------------------------------------
I have been looking high and lo, but here in the Netherlands I can not obtain the red, gold and who knows what other T-rex models from Schleich.
Would anyone who IS able to purchase these in their respective home countries be willing to send such over to me?
I would be happy as a child! 8)

--------------------------------------------------------
A package from Japan arrived today, and I visited my local retailer. Here are the results:
The Kaiyodo Trike set is really very pretty. I made an error ordering them though... Both the Trike horridus and Kosmoceratops richardsoni are double.
If anyone is looking for a trade, they're available.
As well as a bear (animatales #290) that they included.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Hynerpeton

Who makes that prehistoric mammal?
Walking With Monsers:

postsaurischian

Quote from: predino on September 02, 2014, 07:05:30 PM
Who makes that prehistoric mammal?

Looks like the Schleich Macrauchenia - one of Schleich's better figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: