News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

repeat post.

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 09, 2014, 05:36:56 AM
I went to a Michaels for arts and crafts, and then stumbled upon a rack of Wild Safaris  ;)
So, I picked up the WS 2008 Stegosaurus and the Dracorex. These are some amazing models. The colors on the Dracorex does not seem as garish in person. In fact, the face flush is really well done. There was also a Ceratosaurus, but I figured I might as well hold out for the Papo version...
You may not want to hold off too much on Safari's Ceratosaurus (unless that one isn't really what you are looking for,that is).I wouldn't count on Papo doing a Ceratosaurus anytime soon,if ever.When the Wild Safari line came out with it in 2012,that was more than 15 years after the last time that particular species turned up (in Battat's MOS line).It could take that long again or even longer until we see another one.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

EmperorDinobot

I was about to say that John! Yeah the WS Ceratosaurus is very beautiful.

sauroid

got these in finally
Kabaya dino world and furuta

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on October 09, 2014, 08:32:25 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on October 09, 2014, 05:36:56 AM
I went to a Michaels for arts and crafts, and then stumbled upon a rack of Wild Safaris  ;)
So, I picked up the WS 2008 Stegosaurus and the Dracorex. These are some amazing models. The colors on the Dracorex does not seem as garish in person. In fact, the face flush is really well done. There was also a Ceratosaurus, but I figured I might as well hold out for the Papo version...
You may not want to hold off too much on Safari's Ceratosaurus (unless that one isn't really what you are looking for,that is).I wouldn't count on Papo doing a Ceratosaurus anytime soon,if ever.When the Wild Safari line came out with it in 2012,that was more than 15 years after the last time that particular species turned up (in Battat's MOS line).It could take that long again or even longer until we see another one.

I certainly don't want to wait 15 years for the next interpretation of Ceratosaurus :)
The WS Ceratosaurus. It is a pretty good model, overall....but sometimes I wonder if there will be better renditions in the future. I suppose, I could wait till Dec 31 to see if Papo will announce it for their 2015 line-up (therizino? new ceratopsian? baby brachi/stego? allosaurus v.2?). I'm curious to see what's next.

DinoLord

I'm a big fan of the Battat Ceratosaurus, which is getting reissued next year.

Meso-Cenozoic

So the Battat reissues are going to start coming out next year? Fantastic!! Even though I have the complete full-size set, I'm curious about the repaints. They could entice me to get some of them too!

Well, today I finally got my very last shipment of 2014's, just in time before starting to order the Safari 2015's in the next couple months. YAY!! They were being held up because of the last order of CollectA's and the Papo Baby Trike. But they're in now in the States, at least at DeJankins, for anyone still looking here.

docronnie

Congrats guys on your awesome hauls!  :)

Here is mine:

8 sealed Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 1 Tyrannasaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 2 Utahraptor

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 3 Oviraptor

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 4 Gallimimus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 6 Diplodocus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 7 Iguanodon

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 8 Parasaurolophus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 9 Maiasaura

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 10 Lambeosaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 11 Ankylosaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 12 Protoceratops

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 13 Triceratops

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 14 Stegosaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 16 Ophthalmosaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 17 Pachycephalosaurus

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection 18 Archaeopteryx

To be continued ... :) :) :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Very interesting. Some of those are pretty retro, others are much more up to date and beautiful.

docronnie

Quote from: Roselaar on October 11, 2014, 01:50:30 PM
Very interesting. Some of those are pretty retro, others are much more up to date and beautiful.

Until now, I don't know when these were made.  I'll probably have my Japanese friend translate the box and brochure for me.

These figures are, in my opinion, not to up to par with Kaiyodo.  But these were sculpted by Kazunari Araki as supervised by Robert Bakker.  These might be Araki's earlier works.  Maybe someone here could shed some light.

pascosaur

congratulations
the diplo is awesome
lucky you!  ;)

UK

Libraraptor

This is a hollow knockoff of Carnegia Miragia. It´s not as cheap as some other knockoffs, yet one sees the bond/point of weld a little. And I really like the paintjob!

docronnie

Thanks pascosaur and Steve!  And very lucky indeed, pascosaur, since I was not expecting to buy anything that day. :D

That's a nice knock off! :D

DinoLord

Just won a new Horizon Brachiosaurus kit on eBay!

alexeratops

Never thought Id say this, but that is a pretty good knockoff, while it is still, you know, a knockoff. :))
like a bantha!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 12, 2014, 10:51:44 AM

This is a hollow knockoff of Carnegia Miragia. It´s not as cheap as some other knockoffs, yet one sees the bond/point of weld a little. And I really like the paintjob!

I think these knockoffs are pretty good for practicing one's painting skills, if anything...

stargatedalek

Quote from: DinoLord on October 12, 2014, 06:57:41 PM
Just won a new Horizon Brachiosaurus kit on eBay!
congratz!
thats a pretty big kit ^-^

docronnie

Congrats Dinolord!  :)

Here's the rest:

Furuta Triceratops 

Kaiyodos Series 1

Yowie Yarala

Yowie Fulgurotherium

Yowie Austrosaurus

U.K.R.D. Tyrannosaurus - 1991 (Is it a Tsukuda / U.K.R.D. hybrid?)

Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Dino Discoveries Oviraptor on Nest - 2007

Favorite Soft Model Allosaurus - 2004

TFL!  :)

Hynerpeton

Will be my deltasaurus when ever i get to pay for it. :)

Scratch that

But I can't justify paying 12$ in shipping when a item costs 3$. :( so i don't have that one.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: