News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Two CONFUCIUSORNIS birds by unknown company.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

docronnie

Quote from: predino on October 03, 2014, 11:31:05 PM

Can we see some photos?
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Quote from: docronnie on October 04, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
Quote from: predino on October 03, 2014, 11:31:05 PM

Can we see some photos?

Yea and Also in the ID thread too.

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

I have it, I can assure its not confuciusornis, since it was sold in a pack of modern birds
but I forget the brand

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 04, 2014, 02:35:54 AM
I have it, I can assure its not confuciusornis, since it was sold in a pack of modern birds
but I forget the brand

Not a Dino then? :(
Walking With Monsers:

Yutyrannus

Quote from: predino on October 04, 2014, 04:07:03 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 04, 2014, 02:35:54 AM
but I forget the brand

Not a Dino then? :(
Well, it is a bird so it is a dinosaur ;). If you mean prehistoric than I'm not sure, it doesn't look like any modern bird that I've seen, but that is a very blurry photo so it is hard to tell.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Hynerpeton

Its from my old Dino camera. Lol

I will get a pic of it better later. ;)
Walking With Monsers:

Roselaar

Battat Terra now also added to my collection. And deservedly so, since these are indeed exquisite museum quality models. I sincerely hope this new Battat line will be around for many years to come.  :)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

stargatedalek

got a few things at value village today
sorry for the long post which is rather image heavy

normally I hate bootlegs, and I would feel bad if I were to purchase one premeditated, but second hand stores are different, the bootleg company has already gotten their money, so the moral qualms aren't there

this blatant copy of the JPTLW pachycephalosaurus hatchling caught my eye, especially since it was unfamiliar
sorry for the low quality pictures (and for forgetting to include the legitimate for comparison)
the plastic is very similar to the real deal, but the mold is a lot bulkier, and has very obvious seam residue and this marks (forget then name) left behind by the pouring of the mold

next would be the wild safari "pteranodon" (geosternbergia?)
as with most of the wild safari from its time its pretty lax with details and paint app, normally I find "bendy toys" to be a rather annoying gimmick, but on occasion a company finds an ingenious way to put it to use, as safari has done here allowing the figure to be posed walking or flying
(for me) this neat play feature more than makes up for the otherwise lacking piece (compared to safaris newer pterosaurs)

last would be the Schleich Galapagos tortoise
not much to say about it, Schleich may often fall short on dinosaurs but most of their modern animals are pretty good, and this one certainly is, theres a fair bit of paint wear, scuffs, and even a strange flattened bit on the shell, but for a second hand figure I'm more than satisfied

tyrantqueen

Second hand stores are great for finding dinosaur related things, even things like out of print books if you're lucky :)

joossa

Finally got the original Papo raptor! :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

EmperorDinobot

Is it just me Stardalek, or is your Value Village the best one ever? I live kinda close to one and it never has ANYTHING. It's very empty and quite dilapidated. Now I've been to other VV's elsewhere, and they were decent-ish. But those are some cool finds.

stargatedalek

theres 2 locally, one in Halifax and one in Dartmouth, the Halifax one has an unusually large toy section (especially given its usually what gets cut back in Halloween season)
so yah, its definitely better than most when it comes to finding figures

edit;
it also gets a lot of traffic, so they keep it well stocked and old things get cleared out fairly quickly
(as opposed to returning a month later to find the same chinasaurs as last time have not been sold)

docronnie

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 04, 2014, 09:29:53 PM
Second hand stores are great for finding dinosaur related things, even things like out of print books if you're lucky :)

Yup! I got lucky just a few months ago on getting your favorite book by Dougal Dixon for P180.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

I wasn't aware the Safari Pteranodon was that bendy. Kinda neat trick, but still not enough to make me buy one.

Dinomike

I see people posting pics of their fancy new Battats and I'm getting all the more anxious to receive mine I ordered from Dan's store. Thankfully he sells them - otherwise it would be virtually impossible to obtain them in my native country Finland. We used to have Carnegie dinos available when I was a kid, now the only line available is Sleich. And the cool new Pentaceratops is nowhere to be found! Oh well -I'm happy there are online stores and ebay! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Alexxitator

Quote from: Dinomike on October 05, 2014, 09:48:16 PM
I see people posting pics of their fancy new Battats and I'm getting all the more anxious to receive mine I ordered from Dan's store. Thankfully he sells them - otherwise it would be virtually impossible to obtain them in my native country Finland. We used to have Carnegie dinos available when I was a kid, now the only line available is Sleich. And the cool new Pentaceratops is nowhere to be found! Oh well -I'm happy there are online stores and ebay! :)
If you want to buy the Schleich Pentaceratops in a physical store; I was in Karlstad, Sweden this summer at Toys r us, and they had it! I know that's ridiculously far to travel, but it happened to cross my mind  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

stargatedalek

I was a new exhibit opening at the Halifax Natural History Museum tonight, and they had updated their shop

the Schleich therizinosaurus is amazing, it and the prehistoric sharks tube caught my eye, but I'm a bit low on funds so I had to pass for the time being, I'll probably return for them in a few weeks

I did however pick up a safari tube dimetrodon, they had some of the tube figures in bins (sadly only the basic dinosaurs and turtles) for $1 each

the paint app leaves much to be desired, so it goes on my (long) list of figures awaiting painting

tanystropheus

I went to a Michaels for arts and crafts, and then stumbled upon a rack of Wild Safaris  ;)
So, I picked up the WS 2008 Stegosaurus and the Dracorex. These are some amazing models. The colors on the Dracorex does not seem as garish in person. In fact, the face flush is really well done. There was also a Ceratosaurus, but I figured I might as well hold out for the Papo version...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: