You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Very generous family you have there Doc, congratulations :-)

LophoLeeVT

wow! very envious of your uncle!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

docronnie

Thanks Steve! My brother visited my uncle in the US last month and I asked him to buy me just one Battat dino. They ended up buying all the new ones plus the Dacentrurus.

My Uncle Bob is actually here now on vacation.   ^-^

Thanks too, raptor!  ;)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

mest

Very nice dinos from Battat docronnie. Dacentrurus looks really good. Battat should really consider expanding it's market to Europe.

NB
Just looked at Target. Great news that from now on they ship products to Europe. So also Battat. That was not possible a few weeks ago.

docronnie

Quote from: mest on November 18, 2015, 09:49:23 PM
Very nice dinos from Battat docronnie. Dacentrurus looks really good. Battat should really consider expanding it's market to Europe.

NB
Just looked at Target. Great news that from now on they ship products to Europe. So also Battat. That was not possible a few weeks ago.

Thanks mest!  :)

That's great news indeed for our European collectors.  :)

Moodyraptor

Quote from: docronnie on November 19, 2015, 09:34:46 AM
Quote from: mest on November 18, 2015, 09:49:23 PM

NB

Thanks mest!  :)

That's great news indeed for our European collectors.  :)

Woo-hoo!  Good news indeed.  Though the only one currently available on their website is the nanshiugosaurus. 

Tyto_Theropod

Congrats, docronnie! Battats are really lovely figures. I've been meaning to get some for a while now, but like you I'd have to import them because here in the UK there isn't really anyone who sells them. We only just got the CollectA Spino.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

SBell

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 19, 2015, 04:24:13 PM
Congrats, docronnie! Battats are really lovely figures. I've been meaning to get some for a while now, but like you I'd have to import them because here in the UK there isn't really anyone who sells them. We only just got the CollectA Spino.

it was only just released everywhere, so that's not unusual (it was supposed to be a 2016 model, but they pushed the release up a few months).

It's just as hard in Canada. We were so close--we had Target here and everything! (I was able to get the 4 new models)--for one year. Then they literally burned out and burned themselves down.

And the only time I've been to the US, the Target I visited only had two of them. I shoudl really make the 90 minute drive south some time...

Tyto_Theropod

I guess I could always make the half-day journey south to see what the situation is in England... :))
______________________________________________________________________________________

docronnie

Thanks Tyto!  :)

I've been lucky so far to get all my Terra-Battat dinos as gifts.  I see that 3 new ones might be released in the future.  Hope I could get them too.  ;)

PaleoMatt

I'm lucky to live where Everything Dinosaur is located, I live in the same city :D

Tyto_Theropod

That must be great, because you can go and see what the figures look like before you buy them! :D I've only had that pleasure with some of my Schleichs and Papos, and I don't really feel like getting any of them ATM after hearing some stuff about how the companies have behaved - especially the former... :(

Having said all that, I have to consider myself lucky that I on the whole I don't need to order my dinos from abroad. Dinosaur Time even does the second run of Favourite soft models (some of which are high on my wishlist ATM) and some of their desktop figures as well.

MLMjp

Today I got this two:

Also tyrantqueen´s idea of using a cotton road is a very clever one :D :D My poor little rex was almost kissing the ground when I bough it :-\

SBell

Quote from: MLMjp on November 21, 2015, 09:04:34 PM
Today I got this two:

Also tyrantqueen´s idea of using a cotton road is a very clever one :D :D My poor little rex was almost kissing the ground when I bough it :-\

That's so strange about the little rex--I have had one for a while, and a few in-store, and none of them have that issue!

MLMjp

Quote from: SBell on November 21, 2015, 10:24:40 PM
Today I got this two:

That's so strange about the little rex--I have had one for a while, and a few in-store, and none of them have that issue!

This issue has been mentioned in other threads, some Collecta figures tend to have warping issues

SBell

Quote from: MLMjp on November 21, 2015, 10:41:16 PM
Today I got this two:

This issue has been mentioned in other threads, some Collecta figures tend to have warping issues

I've seen that, and it's so weird--I have so many, and none of them, especially the ones on bases, are warped at all.

RobinGoodfellow

The warping issue depends on the environment.
In Milano we have cold winters and very hot summers.
And ALL of my thin Collectas with a base have warping issues (baby Rex, Ichthyovenator, Saurophaganax, Pachycephalosaurus, Bistahieversor, ...).
Collecta made the figures (with a base) with a "too" thin plastic for the legs.  :-[
So the figure warps during hot season.  :-\

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on November 21, 2015, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on November 21, 2015, 10:41:16 PM
Today I got this two:

I've seen that, and it's so weird--I have so many, and none of them, especially the ones on bases, are warped at all.

I don't have any problems with all of mine, with the exception of the pachy, all are staying well even the the oviraptor ( the first one on base I believe) after all these years.
Could be temperature, although my baby rex gets direct sunlight part of the day, and it's still standing.
I wonder if there is inconsistency in the type of material used between batches.

SBell

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on November 22, 2015, 08:38:45 AM
The warping issue depends on the environment.
In Milano we have cold winters and very hot summers.
And ALL of my thin Collectas with a base have warping issues (baby Rex, Ichthyovenator, Saurophaganax, Pachycephalosaurus, Bistahieversor, ...).
Collecta made the figures (with a base) with a "too" thin plastic for the legs.  :-[
So the figure warps during hot season.  :-\

Where Ilive it ranges from +40C in the summer to -40C in the winter, and I have no issues. There must be variations in production, or production order (everything I have is from  year of release, not later--maybe that helps?)

Jetoar

Wondeful acquisitions  ^-^. The next week they are arrive some of my new little tresaures of my collection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: