You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2015, 06:23:52 PM
Lovely new additions everyone!
For me, picked up these hopeless Geoworld figures during a road trip  ^-^
Ugly,ya? LOL!
Cheers!

Me, I like the stands better than the models!

Raptoress

Libraraptor

Hopefully you don´t get nightmares of raptors entering your sleeping room :))

Raptoress

My mum told me that I once had a nightmare as a child about me going up to a T. rex to hug it, only for it to eat me, LOL. xD

Tyto_Theropod

Haha gotta love the weird dreams you have! I can still remember having a nightmare when I was about three where I was at the supermarket and suddenly this bright yellow shark burst through the wall and ate me. :P I'm glad to say it didn't put me off sharks, which get enough of a bad rap as it is. So yeah, I know what it feels like to be eaten in your sleep...
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

joossa

Got this in the mail today. Ended up working well and I have the Rex on top of my dresser without fear of it falling off.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

joossa, I have the distinct impression that Empoleon is your favorite Pokemon. :P
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SBell

So I just received my first commissioned fish models, sculpted by DTF member brandem--casts of which will be available in my store as soon as some adjustments are made!

They are a West African Lungfish, an African Freshwater Butterflyfish, and a Cuvier's Bichir

(Or, Protopterus, Pantodon, Polypterus), all from Africa...! It just kind of worked out as 3 Ps from Africa...

I also just received some new CollectA animals:

Black tip Reef Shark & Open-jaw Great White Shark

Leaping Nile Crocodile and Deluxe Spinosaurus!

Those are all available in the store.

Patrx

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 13, 2015, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: Patrx on November 13, 2015, 01:55:17 AM
During my time at the local anime convention over the weekend, I happened upon this little gem, most unexpectedly:

Didn't expect her to be into Anime. Thought she was more of a Toku Fan.

That would seem more appropriate, no? But, it's a con for all sorts, there was some toku stuff in there; though not as much as I'd have liked.

MLMjp

Quote from: SBell on November 16, 2015, 03:24:39 AM

NOW THAT´S a good picture of the deluxe Spinosaurus
The other pictures I have seen don't do justice to the figure´s beauty.

I can´t wait to get him! Just need to save a bit more of money...

tyrantqueen

I ordered my Spino from Dan....does anyone have an idea when the figure is out in the States? I live in England but I'll have to wait until Dan gets it.

CityRaptor

Quote from: joossa on November 15, 2015, 02:30:27 AM
Got this in the mail today. Ended up working well and I have the Rex on top of my dresser without fear of it falling off.

To make sure that no one disturbs his meal, the King has hired an old man with a sniper rifle.  ;D

Quote from: Patrx on November 16, 2015, 03:45:32 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on November 13, 2015, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: Patrx on November 13, 2015, 01:55:17 AM
During my time at the local anime convention over the weekend, I happened upon this little gem, most unexpectedly:

Didn't expect her to be into Anime. Thought she was more of a Toku Fan.

That would seem more appropriate, no? But, it's a con for all sorts, there was some toku stuff in there; though not as much as I'd have liked.

So it is more like a mixed bag. Sounds like my local comic store, where The Walking Dead are right next to My little Pony.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

The Spinosaurus Collecta sure is better to see it physically have it in photography. Fortunate to have it.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 16, 2015, 10:58:36 PM
I ordered my Spino from Dan....does anyone have an idea when the figure is out in the States? I live in England but I'll have to wait until Dan gets it.
Seems you'll have to wait til the spring of 2016.

Dinomike

The Spino looks great! Just ordered mine from Everything Dinosaur. :) Great new dinos everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

LophoLeeVT

great the spino is on preorder! jaaaay!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

SBell

Quote from: MLMjp on November 16, 2015, 10:55:59 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 16, 2015, 03:24:39 AM

NOW THAT´S a good picture of the deluxe Spinosaurus
The other pictures I have seen don't do justice to the figure´s beauty.

I can´t wait to get him! Just need to save a bit more of money...

Thanks. It's really all about the lungfish ;)

Not sure what the delay is in the US--I was able to get the Deluxe into the store at least.

But not many...they didn't get a lot, I brought in what I could.

Meso-Cenozoic

According to DeJankin's Blog, CollectA's last report to him was...

Concerning CollectA's Deluxe feathered Tyrannosaurus, the Deluxe Spinosaurus, walking and swimming versions of the standard sized Spinosaurus, and the two Mini Dinosaur collections - These new items will be arriving November 31st for release in December.

That was last month. Maybe things might change.... again. :-\

BTW, nice pics Sean! And congrats on the commissioned fish models. They look really good, especially with that high gloss finish. Curious to see them after some adjustments are made. But so far, really nice!

docronnie

Congrats everyone on your beautiful hauls!  :)

Gifts from my Uncle Bob and brother Rommel:

extra Dacentrurus, will sell most probably; permission from Uncle Bob was already solicited, since the first one was also his gift.

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

QuoteSeems you'll have to wait til the spring of 2016.

You're wrong. I heard from Dan it's due to be released very, very soon. Here's what he said:
Typically the CollectA models take just a few weeks to reach the US distributor once they start turning up in European stores. I actually just spoke with the company yesterday, and they confirmed the Spinosaurus models should be here quite soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: