You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

These are plastic kits by Tomy , came out late 80's I think. They have little motors that you build the skeleton around ala Zoids. This allows them to walk, or move the fins in the case of the plesiosaur or flap their wings like the pteranodon.  They are around 6-8" long. I used to have them all from an educational toy store when I was little. But of course I tried to make the plesiosaur swim, the other fight in the dirt and one by one they were lost to the elements.

Tyto_Theropod

UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

:) I just got my 1:40 Hylaeosaurus from Clayton (Kayakasaurus).
         It's very beautiful and elegant!

Roselaar

Looks quite impressive! What size is it?

I got myself this beast:

stargatedalek

Very pleased with the ROM Olenoides. I prefer to collect as close to 1:1 as possible and it's exciting to have a trilobite in that range (it's ever so slightly smaller than the largest specimen, so about spot on 1:1).

Halichoeres even threw in a Dinosaur King Futabasaurus. It's damaged but I don't mind a bit of a repair job. Also a tad nostalgic having grown up with the tv show.

LophoLeeVT

oh i am hunting for the redeco stegoceratops at the moment...
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

postsaurischian

laticauda

Quote from: Roselaar on December 07, 2015, 09:31:13 PM
Looks quite impressive! What size is it?

I got myself this beast:

That looks a lot darker than the ones I have seen.  Anyways, not that it matters, but I think while the electronics on it are really nice,  it is just not worth the money.  Maybe if i see it on a super 60% of sale. 

Dyscrasia

Rebor Yutyrannus (couldn't wait for the winter version), Acrocanthosaurus, Trike hatchling, Velociraptor triplet hatchlings  :)

sauroid

new stuff
WWD Torosaurus

Schleich Torosaurus

Schleich Glyptodont and cave bear

WWD 3D mini Edmontosaurus

WWD Toyway Ankylosaurus

Placerias

Geoworld-ish/Bullyland-ish Dimetrodon

Carnegie Protoceratops

AAA midget Mammoth :D

and some very well made bootlegs (no guilt because i have the originals)

and the special issue SA
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Nice haul!

A yes, that issue. Glad I got this one instead of waiting for the German issue 2 months later. That one got a dark matter cover instead. I swear they are obsessed with dark matter....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

Excellent haul, Sauroid!  :)

So that's what I'm missing from the set, the stego ...
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dyscrasia

Need to get the fallen queen and Rudy, but obviously I am broke ATM....  :-[

Roselaar

Good hauls everybody!

Gonna buy some Rebors soon, but can't decide on which ones...

Megalosaurus

Congratulations to all of you. Very nice pieces.

Quote from: Roselaar on December 10, 2015, 08:34:15 PM
Good hauls everybody!

I have all REBOR's but Rudy and Wind hunter. So my recommendations for you pal are:
Hercules & Savage in that order.
Hercules is a superb sculpt, has a simple but nice base and the prey item is exquisite (Warning: Don't eat it).
Savage has a pretty nice sculpt with its dorsal scales making it somehow dragonish, and the base is by far the best base REBOR has made to date (any figure over it will display gorgeously). 

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 11, 2015, 05:48:05 PM
Congratulations to all of you. Very nice pieces.

Quote from: Roselaar on December 10, 2015, 08:34:15 PM
Good hauls everybody!

I have all REBOR's but Rudy and Wind hunter. So my recommendations for you pal are:
Hercules & Savage in that order.
Hercules is a superb sculpt, has a simple but nice base and the prey item is exquisite (Warning: Don't eat it).
Savage has a pretty nice sculpt with its dorsal scales making it somehow dragonish, and the base is by far the best base REBOR has made to date (any figure over it will display gorgeously).

Ceratosaurus is definitely the prime contender in my case. As for the Acro, I like it but I noticed it's not as big as I thought it was. I'm probably gonna go for the Rex first.

LophoLeeVT

dyscracia님 축하합니다!
congrats dyscracia!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dyscrasia

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 12, 2015, 12:38:35 AM
dyscracia님 축하합니다!
congrats dyscracia!

Thank you very much! 감사합니다~!  ;D

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Roselaar on December 11, 2015, 11:18:27 PM
Ceratosaurus is definitely the prime contender in my case. As for the Acro, I like it but I noticed it's not as big as I thought it was. I'm probably gonna go for the Rex first.
I'd pass on the rex unless you also plan to get the Fallen Queen.  That one's stand is just plain sad.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 12, 2015, 01:48:30 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 11, 2015, 11:18:27 PM
I'd pass on the rex unless you also plan to get the Fallen Queen.  That one's stand is just plain sad.

I made my own base for the King, I incrusted his rock in a epoxy green base large enough to imprint the other king's feet on it. Now I have stability without the Fallen Queen. But I'm not an artist, so it doesn't look so good.
Any way, my FallenQueen is on its way to me. So I agree the one should buy the Fallen Queen too, otherwise you are going to have a Fallen King.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: