You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Shonisaurus

Dinosaurs are phenomenal, and we can only see the Safari Carcharodontosaurus not contractual photograph.

As always for me, it highlights the elegance of these models and especially its excellent finish that is evident in its magnificent texture to contact these figures. I love absolutely iguanodon images. A figure with stylish colors and like the rest of the figures of 2016 Safari without being too conservative or too edgy.

Other things I appreciate is that his figures are made
scale.

Another thing I like about Safari is the first toy company that sells by far the rest before the figures of dinosaurs. Which eternally grateful.

However I see several drawbacks:

As we have seen there is a dichotomy between the real image catalog and the real figure, examples guanlong (figure magnificent catalog that then disappointed with the actual, as the same may happen with the Shunosaurus if not due to a defect manufacturing).

However and in this case size matters to me are too small dinosaurs especially Shunosaurus independent scale that is made. It would have been better in my humble and honest opinion that would have been made larger as the guanlong scale, although that is the philosophy of the toy and would distort the figure is scaled.

Moreover we should thank Takama who posted the photos courtesy of Dejankins.

As an epilogue is a luxury see such figures weeks before full commercialization.

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 21, 2015, 09:24:45 PM
Dinosaurs are phenomenal, and we can only see the Safari Carcharodontosaurus not contractual photograph.

As always for me, it highlights the elegance of these models and especially its excellent finish that is evident in its magnificent texture to contact these figures. I love absolutely iguanodon images. A figure with stylish colors and like the rest of the figures of 2016 Safari without being too conservative or too edgy.

Other things I appreciate is that his figures are made
scale.

Another thing I like about Safari is the first toy company that sells by far the rest before the figures of dinosaurs. Which eternally grateful.

However I see several drawbacks:

As we have seen there is a dichotomy between the real image catalog and the real figure, examples guanlong (figure magnificent catalog that then disappointed with the actual, as the same may happen with the Shunosaurus if not due to a defect manufacturing).

However and in this case size matters to me are too small dinosaurs especially Shunosaurus independent scale that is made. It would have been better in my humble and honest opinion that would have been made larger as the guanlong scale, although that is the philosophy of the toy and would distort the figure is scaled.

Moreover we should thank Takama who posted the photos courtesy of Dejankins.

As an epilogue is a luxury see such figures weeks before full commercialization.
You will be happy to know that it doesn't look like so much a manufacturing defect when it comes to the Shunosaurus.It just looks like the tail was warped down in the heat during shipping from China to me,as often happens with vinyl figures from all brands.As stated by Doug,repositioning with heat and cold would work well here.It always has for me whenever I get warped figures. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dinomike

Ooh! I really like the shunosaurus! Roselaar, is that you between the Rebor dinos?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tyrantqueen

I just reheated a warped figure yesterday using the hot/cold water method and it returned to its warped state in a day :( I've NEVER been able to get this method to work for me. How come it works for everyone else but not for me? What am I doing wrong?

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2015, 11:39:22 PM
I just reheated a warped figure yesterday using the hot/cold water method and it returned to its warped state in a day :( I've NEVER been able to get this method to work for me. How come it works for everyone else but not for me? What am I doing wrong?

I've had really mixed results myself. I've had the most trouble with legs. One thing that helped was I read somewhere that it's necessary to bend the relevant body part substantially past where you actually want it--that is, overcorrect. Most things do usually revert in time--several of my theropods have had their legs softened up several times, and I haven't had any of them for more than 8 or 10 months.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

the WS sculpt is great as usual, but the paint app is substandard for this year
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 22, 2015, 12:49:49 AM

I've had really mixed results myself. I've had the most trouble with legs. One thing that helped was I read somewhere that it's necessary to bend the relevant body part substantially past where you actually want it--that is, overcorrect. Most things do usually revert in time--several of my theropods have had their legs softened up several times, and I haven't had any of them for more than 8 or 10 months.

I have figures that I've never had to fix, and some that just won't fix.

One of the keys is to use very hot water--lor even a blow dryer set high. Then, when the part is bent where you want it, it should be plunged into very cold water.

But yeah, it still doesn't always work (I think it probabyl has to do with the actual material in the PVC/plastic, but that's for a chemist to figure out!).

LophoLeeVT

wow i enwy the shunosaurus!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on December 22, 2015, 01:01:08 AM
the WS sculpt is great as usual, but the paint app is substandard for this year

Very Jasman Toys like.

EmperorDinobot

My haul this month has been nothing short of fantastic.

Unfortunately many of them were captured by my mom and are now under the tree. I cannot access them 'till Xmas. I'll post them near the end of the year because, well, there's still a week or so to get more dinosaurs.

Tyrannosauron

Heck of a week around here: Battat Terra Stego and Para, CollectA feathered T. rex from Dan (with the Spino on the way), and a JP replica mosquito in amber from the best wife in the world.

And then there's the metric ton of Star Wars stuff...

Doug Watson

It works best for a non-load bearing part like a jaw, free arm or tail. One thing that maybe hasn't been mentioned is when you have the part heated and in the position you want when you plunge it in the cold water continue to hold it in position until it is totally cool.
If it is a foot or leg on a piece that has balance issues like a Battat or Papo (never a Safari ;)) then it often will give way eventually under the weight of the piece. All kidding aside I have received some of my Safari pieces that the legs have been warped on and this method has worked but if the piece was designed with a balance issue to begin with inevitably they will revert in my experience. Luckily so far none of mine have had that issue. I think the only permanent remedy for a balance issue would be to do the heat and cool until it balances and then drill into the problem leg or legs from the bottom and insert a heavy wire like coat hanger wire, (or smaller if it is a small piece) then patch it up and paint the hole on the bottom.  It gets tricky if the problem is above a bent ankle but it can be done with care and finesse. Having said that on my Battats and Papos that have that problem I just lean them on something or make a support. If I had the time I might insert a wire.

Roselaar

Quote from: Dinomike on December 21, 2015, 11:31:56 PM
Ooh! I really like the shunosaurus! Roselaar, is that you between the Rebor dinos?

No, it's a miniature representation of me. ;) And not a wholly correct one, when looking at it in close-up.

I'm not superstoked about that Iguanodon, it's a passable figure but nothing more. I'd love to see some close-ups of the Masiakasaurus though, that one interests me the most.

A.Garcia

It's nice to see these other Safari dinosaurs already. Iguanodon and Shunosaurus needed figures and the sculpting on these doesn't disappoint. The Shunosaurus looks ~1:40 scale; it could make a nice display companion for the Carnegie Amargasaurus and Battats. Production-wise I think both could have benefited from a paint wash to show off the detail, like the Sauropelta has (also the Papo figures).

Dilopho

Ladies and Gentlemen....Verizon Wireless Dinosaur Toy Forum presents...Indominus rex!

Dilopho

So here's what I got for Christmas!
Papo: Allosaurus, Momma T. rex, Carnotaurus, Dimetrodon, Pteranodon, Pachycephalosaurus and Tupuxuara.
Collecta: Spinosaurus deluxe, Mosasaurus (it came with a real mosasaurus tooth!) and human figure.
Chinasaurs: Pinacosaurus
Jurassic World: Indominus rex, I already posted a picture of her in my previous reply.

EmperorDinobot

My haul for X-mas.

Dinos, still in box and Batman

Full DC and dino Haul.

Dino haul since the last dino haul I posted.

The JW Dilophosauruses were commissioned customs.

I plan to open the T.rex...

Dilopho

Gosh, EmperorDinoBot! Your Batman collection and Jurassic Park will soon be overflowing! I like your Jurassic World stuff. The Indominus vs Tyrannosaurus pack looks super cool!

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Dilopho on December 25, 2015, 11:45:53 AM
Gosh, EmperorDinoBot! Your Batman collection and Jurassic Park will soon be overflowing! I like your Jurassic World stuff. The Indominus vs Tyrannosaurus pack looks super cool!

Overflowing? you have no idea. My own toys are kicking me out of my own room! They want me out and say that my sleeping here is akin to homelessness and that their gentrification of all my walls will not be successful if I continue to even stare at them.

It's seriously dramatic stuff.

Primeval Raptor courtesy of TheLord'sGym.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: