You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

...A Family Reunion ( many thanks to Halichoeres to make it happens  ;) ) :

Have a nice day  :)

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Moodyraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on December 13, 2015, 10:57:25 AM

Excellent!

Roselaar

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 12, 2015, 01:48:30 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 11, 2015, 11:18:27 PM
Ceratosaurus is definitely the prime contender in my case. As for the Acro, I like it but I noticed it's not as big as I thought it was. I'm probably gonna go for the Rex first.
I'd pass on the rex unless you also plan to get the Fallen Queen.  That one's stand is just plain sad.

I went for the Rex and the Ceratosaurus after all. I'll take the Fallen Queen probably next time, along with either the Yutyrannus and/or Acro.

MLMjp

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on December 13, 2015, 10:57:25 AM

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I want that too :'( :'( :'( :'(

docronnie

Awesome Terra-Battat haul! Congrats!  :)

What I got recently:

Favorite Dinosaur Soft Model Unpainted Allosaurus - 2007 by docronnie, on Flickr

Invicta Stegosaurus - 1975 by docronnie, on Flickr

TFL and Happy Holidays!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

MLMjp

I have been on a trip this weekend, but that didn't´t stop me for going into some shops to take a look inside ::) ::)...

And I found this guys :):

Really like the gold paint in the Dunkleosteus. The Elasmosaurus is nice, I like the sculpt of the head but I think it could be better defined. Still two pretty cool figures sculpted by Mr.Watson!

Meso-Cenozoic

Congrats everyone on all your finds! And a special shot-out to RobinGoodfellows on taking such a great pic of your Battats! Beautiful!

My most recent acquisition hasn't arrived yet. But I finally broke down and got me...

(Great photo courtesy of Viking Spawn.)

LophoLeeVT

MY HASBRO TOYS RUS EXCLUSIVE BRAWLERSAUR SET JUST ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!!JAAAAAY
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Dinomike

I really digg the new color scheme on the Papos!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

My latest acquisitions will probably be the last for 2015, but there are some real beauties among them:

This one obviously isn't one of those, since the dinosaur is horrendous. Nevertheless, for a connoisseur of the classic JP lines, any resculpt of the fabulous Command Compound's parts is worth checking out. I also like the box art.

More beauty to be found here, particularly in the case of the Feathered T-Rex. Gorgeous model! The Acrocanthosaurus is less impressive, considering it's an inferior resculpt of last year's Carcharodontosaurus. At least the poseable mouth is a decent addition. The Plesiosuchus is a fairly decent model, but could have used more detail.

Rebor's T-Rex and Ceratosaurus. Fantastic models! At least, in terms of detail. Their bases leave a bit to be desired, the Ceratosaurus doesn't fit properly but at least remains standing, while the T-Rex has a hard time staying balanced on that rock due to its size and weight. I also have trouble opening the mouths on either. The Rex's just won't stay open. But otherwise, these are among the finest affordable dinosaur models currently in production.

Dilopho

Today from my Grandma and Auntie I got a AAA Brachiosaurus, Schleich Allosaurus and ELC Velociraptor. I have some thoughts on them:
1)AAA dinosaurs are all out of scale, but really nice!
2) Do Schleich still make these allosaurs? Are they retired? They are really nice but you can see his eyeballs from behind!
3) The Velociraptor is made for ELC by a company named Megasaurs (not to be confused with the megasaurs that make the saurophaganax!) and they normally do dragons. Every single toy they make, including this raptor, plays the JP T. rex roar! Every single one!

Jetoar

Something big are going to arrive at home for Christmas at home. It is a surprise to me of my parents  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

LophoLeeVT

i dunno why, but the raptor looks like a jp knockoff..

Tyto_Theropod

Happy birthday to me~ :D the things my family got me were this year's Safari Yutyrannus and the CollectA swimming Spinosaur, but given how near Christmas I was born, most of my presents will come then. After that I'll post pictures of the entire haul! ;) I have to say the two I have ATM are both lovely models, but the paint app is a nightmare. It's a pity, because the Yutyrannus has a lovely colour scheme. Also, the Spinosaur has the typical CollectA zombie head. Sigh... Anyway, I'll be customising it in the new year.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Takama

New Safaris are in.  Thanks to Dejankins

The Shunosaurus is Very Small

Here he is next to the other Sauropods in the Collection

Patrx

Hey, they look pretty nice! But, they will definitely need to be re-painted. That Iguanadon's glowing green eyes are a little spooky.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Takama on December 21, 2015, 07:48:37 PM
New Safaris are in.  Thanks to Dejankins

That's cool but the tail on the Shunosaurus has been distorted somewhere along the way. Here is the original from the same side to show how it should be. A little repositioning with heat and cold would do it.

Here it is from the rear to show the bends in the tail.

Roselaar

Those look okay, but definitely not as detailed as this year's additions. The paint jobs also aren't as compelling. They're decent figures, sure, but a bit of a step back.

DinoLord

The detail on the Iguanodon looks really good, though the tail looks a bit whiter than it did in the promo pic. I wonder if it's an issue of individual variation?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: