You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

My haul so far this year. Something secular, something religious, a bit of everything for everyone.

And the worst part is that they don't fit.

Libraraptor

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 14, 2016, 01:08:17 PM
Don´t fit where?

My dinosaur room! They are all in one...big pile, sadly. I need to re-engineer my dinosaur city in order to fight this dino-gentrification phenomenon.

CityRaptor

In other words, you need to re-organize stuff.

"Dinosaur City" kinda makes me imagine either another Asylum-style movie or a setting with civlized Dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 14, 2016, 03:24:58 PM
In other words, you need to re-organize stuff.

"Dinosaur City" kinda makes me imagine either another Asylum-style movie or a setting with civlized Dinosaurs.

And I quote:

"Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
Oh no"

This is the reality of every day in my dino room. Your poem summarized my problem perfectly.

CityRaptor

It's actually part of the song "Jurassic Park" by "Weird Al" Yankovic, itself a parody of the song "MacArthur Park" by Andy Williams. ( It is actually more well known than the song it parodies )

I recall the time they found those fossilized mosquitoes
And before long, they were cloning DNA
Now I'm being chased by some irate veloceraptors
Well, believe me... this has been one lousy day

Someone shut the fence off in the rain
I admit it's kinda eerie
But this proves my chaos theory
And I don't think I'll be coming back again
On no

I cannot approve of this attraction
'Cause getting disemboweled always makes me kinda mad
A huge tyrannosaurus ate our lawer
Well, I suppose that proves... they're really not all bad

Oh no

What a crummy weekend this has been
Well, this sure ain't no E-ticket
Think I'll tell them where to stick it
'Cause I'm never coming back this way again
Oh no... oh no

So your room still looks like it got hit by a hurricane.
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Gwangi on February 12, 2016, 08:58:24 PM
"The Complete Dinosaur" is a great book, I hate to inform you however that a new edition has been released with a lot of added material. I only recently got the first edition myself but kind of regret it knowing the newer one is out.

Thanks for the information, already wondered about the different covers, but it's okay to have the 1st edition for now. After all it wasn't at all easy to find this one, almost every other dino book seems to boast be a "complete dinosaur" book. 81 Euros for the 2nd edition is a bit harsh at the moment, as I have plenty of other books on my wishlist and Fastovsky and Weishampel aswell as the University of Alberta courses kept/keep me kinda updated.

EmperorDinobot

Heah! That's a clever song. I've never heard it. I'll have to look for it now.

Also not pictured are all five of my Planet X Dinobots which are being currently worked on and repainted, so that should be quite impressive once they are done. Gives me time to score more old fashioned Battats *wink*.

Archinto

That camo xtreme night velociraptor.... wants! :p

And wow a whole room for the dinosaurs! That makes me think of my Lego room..... although it also houses dinosaurs. Most of mine are in my shop. I couldnt put all of them on the shelf....... O_o I'd like to see that dinosaur pile Emperor Dinobot!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Archinto on February 15, 2016, 06:44:13 PM
That camo xtreme night velociraptor.... wants! :p

And wow a whole room for the dinosaurs! That makes me think of my Lego room..... although it also houses dinosaurs. Most of mine are in my shop. I couldnt put all of them on the shelf....... O_o I'd like to see that dinosaur pile Emperor Dinobot!

This pile is clearly a violation against nature, and it is a sin as declared by my Church, the Church of the Latter Day Sauropods.

Luckily, The Pope is coming to visit. More in our next edition of Emperor Dinobot's outrageous hauls.

Digibasherx

Gold armour Grimlock is indeed pretty awesome :)

Mod edit: please avoid superfluous quotation of images as per forum rule #8

Libraraptor

Yeah! Scrolling party again thanks to quoting whole posts with many, many pictures! ^-^ I love it!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 07:57:36 AM
Yeah! Scrolling party again thanks to quoting whole posts with many, many pictures! ^-^ I love it!

Thanks for fixing it, Digibasherx, no offence meant :) As someone who newly is around here quite often here again, I remembered how annoying this scrolling can become.

sauroid

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 07:57:36 AM

Thanks for fixing it, Digibasherx, no offence meant :) As someone who newly is around here quite often here again, I remembered how annoying this scrolling can become.
i think the mods fixed it.

anyway
blue variant Kabaya Seismosaurus and SEGA dino king Futabasaurus i got last month from a toy con

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Oh, nice.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 16, 2016, 06:03:31 PM
This pile is clearly a violation against nature, and it is a sin as declared by my Church, the Church of the Latter Day Sauropods.

"Thou shall not make a pile of Dinosaurs!"

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 16, 2016, 06:03:31 PM
Luckily, The Pope is coming to visit. More in our next edition of Emperor Dinobot's outrageous hauls.
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

The Pope is coming! The Pope is coming! Oh man! I can't wait!

I love the Kaiyodo Seismosaurus, definitely one of my favorite pieces. It's small though! I found mine through an outrageous spark of luck. Well done, Sauroid!

And thanks to the mods for removing pictured quotes. It was making me dizzy seeing my own ton of dinosaurs over and over again. Then again, this is my room. Love it or hate it. There is no angle where there are no dinosaurs anywhere in my house.

Dilopho

What do you guys think? This is Megasaurs Tyrannosaurus rex, the same company that made the Papo-inspired Saurophagonax.

Patrx

Quote from: Dilopho on February 18, 2016, 04:39:26 PM
What do you guys think? This is Megasaurs Tyrannosaurus rex, the same company that made the Papo-inspired Saurophagonax.

Cripes, it's like the Papo and Schlech rexes fused into one cheap and hastily-painted menace. That said, I do kinda like the colors.

Also, Sauroid, that Futabasaurus is lovely.

Well, I stepped into Target yesterday to buy some coffee for the office, and almost subconsciously drifted toward the Terra display...

CityRaptor

Pity those beauties are Target Exclusive, but then again, Germany is Schleich Country, so they probably would not even come here if they weren't.

The Megasaur looks like a typical Megasaur, an overpriced Chinasaur.
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 14, 2016, 10:11:02 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 12, 2016, 08:58:24 PM
"The Complete Dinosaur" is a great book, I hate to inform you however that a new edition has been released with a lot of added material. I only recently got the first edition myself but kind of regret it knowing the newer one is out.

Thanks for the information, already wondered about the different covers, but it's okay to have the 1st edition for now. After all it wasn't at all easy to find this one, almost every other dino book seems to boast be a "complete dinosaur" book. 81 Euros for the 2nd edition is a bit harsh at the moment, as I have plenty of other books on my wishlist and Fastovsky and Weishampel aswell as the University of Alberta courses kept/keep me kinda updated.

The first edition is still good enough for me too. I'll get the second edition when the third edition comes out.  :P

Did someone say "Dinosaur City"?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: