You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt all started with that Stego and now I have about 20 different Bullyland figures. Some of their dinosaurs are really ugly, but their mammals are real pieces of art. They're lovely.
Indeed, their theropod toys are abominations :X Their herbivores are much better :) Yay for Bullyland

Quote from: Brontozaurus on June 30, 2012, 09:03:33 AM
Got the CollectA Utahceratops today.

I'm all for the trend of anatomical accuracy but did they really have to paint its cloaca a dark brown?
I have that figure too, and the Kosmoceratops. I was more bothered with the shape of the face/skull. The snout is very thin and the eyes and horns bulge out at the sides, it looks weird.

Also, what other colour did you expect its cloaca to be?

Metallisuchus

I recently got the Collecta Torosaurus and the head looks a little big - something I'm noticing on a lot of ceratopsian figures for some reason.

Jetoar

Today have arrived my new figures for my collection  :).

Bullyland Triceratops, Schleich Quetzalcoatlus and snow olw, Diego from Ice Age, Playmobil Cave bear with Cave men and finally my little precious ( together my The Lost World Allosaurus ) WWD Postosuchus  ^-^.

P.D. Schleich figures are gift from my girlfriend  :P.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Jetoar

Quote from: Seijun on June 30, 2012, 08:29:28 PM
Who made the owl?

Schleich made the snow owl. It is new of this year.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 30, 2012, 03:11:16 PM
I recently got the Collecta Torosaurus and the head looks a little big - something I'm noticing on a lot of ceratopsian figures for some reason.

Torosaurus head IS big.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: SBell on July 01, 2012, 03:30:14 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 30, 2012, 03:11:16 PM

Torosaurus head IS big.

I know the REAL Torosaurus' head is quite large, but Collecta made the head a little too big - to the point where it's almost the same size as the body.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some of my new stuff... The Collecta/Mojo Fun figures are my first of these brands, and all of these were purchased at TGF Toys.

Papo Nile Crocodile - I got the reddish tint by placing my finger partially over the flash on my camera...

Collecta Torosaurus as referenced above, with Papo Nile Croc & Schleich Okapi

Papo T-rex green baby with Mojo Fun Sable Antelope, Collecta Koala climbing a stump, Safari Arabian Oryx & African Wild Dog

Meso-Cenozoic

These two guys!

Well, we'll see!?? I either got one of my best deals ever, or....umm... not. LOL! As you can see on this auction's page, it is very confusing to know what exactly the seller is selling. :P  I am either getting a Definitely Dinosaur's Triceratops, a Kabaya T.rex and Diplodocus, or a Barbie and Ken doll. LOLOL!!! :o

The seller and I have conversed back-n-forth through several emails. And he adamantly affirms that I will be getting the T.rex & Diplo (well, he said, "long neck") as seen in the Product Description pics. I've been wanting one of those Dippy/Seismo's forever! And if I'll get him AND the T.rex for 6 dollars and 80 cents (and Free Shipping on top of that!), that would be a deal of a lifetime for my eBay buys!!  ;D ;D ;D

sauroid

i got these Jasman figures a few days ago
Dilophosaurus (my favorite among the lot)

Carnotaurus (my next fave)

the rest of the lot (the weird sculpt adds to their charm)

*orthocone*

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Metallisuchus

Repaints like this will make you look at not-so-great figures a little differently. Top notch paintjob there.

Primeval12

More Dino Riders this week

Dimetrodon $.50

Smilodon $.50

tanystropheus

Bokisaurus

Oh yes, the  >:D made me get the papo running rex! ;D I actually like the figure, lots of character and details ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

I just mentioned yesterday in Copper's Customs, what a beautiful repaint that was. And it doesn't hurt repeating it.... B-E-A-UTIFUL!! What a lucky dog you are, Helge!

So today, I received a very large and lovely box in the mail. Knowing exactly what it contained, I anxiously tore into it! And.... yes, yes, yes! Except for the Papo Brachio (which I should be getting later this month!), there in the box were all the rest of the figures that finally completes my 2012 collection! Yea!! Just in time to celebrate with me on the 4th of July! (I promise not to let any get anywhere near a BBQ grill or a lit firecracker!! :o)

Bullyland:
Mastodonsaurus

Papo:
T.rex juvenile (green)
T.rex juvenile (brown)

Carnegie:
Brachiosaurus

CollectA:
(Standard)
Dolichorhynchops
Miragaia
Koreaceratops family
Mapusaurus
Argentinosaurus
Rajasaurus
T.rex w/prey - Struthiomimus

(Plants)
Monanthesia & Cycadeoidea
Williamsonia

(Deluxe)
Amargasaurus
Deinocheiros
Megacerops

Schleich (World of History):
T.rex w/movable jaw
Sregosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Velociraptor w/movable jaw
Quetzalcoatlus
Apatosaurus
Giganotosaurus w/movable jaw
Saichania

sauroid

just got this awesome figure 2 days ago.
Dino Expo Guanlong

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 03, 2012, 07:46:06 AM
I just mentioned yesterday in Copper's Customs, what a beautiful repaint that was. And it doesn't hurt repeating it.... B-E-A-UTIFUL!! What a lucky dog you are, Helge!

..... when it comes to prehistoric figures ....... yes, I am ;D!

Seijun

Finally got a Dino Riders Rhamphorhynchus.

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Roselaar

Quote from: Seijun on July 04, 2012, 12:50:38 AM
Finally got a Dino Riders Rhamphorhynchus.

Nice! You got the rest of that particularly huge set too?  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: