You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

That's great! Thank you Supsy!

CityRaptor

Well, I got a Sauropod-centric haul for the most part:

Invicta Painted Mamenchisaurus: Kinda fitting that it is my first painted, given that Mamenchisaurus was my first Invicta. Sure, the paint is worn, but given that it is one of the rarer models and I got it for a good price, I brought it anyways. Sources are not kidding about the painted ones being of softer material. ( I also bid on a lot with an Apatosaurus, but was outbid at the last second. I hope another user here got that lot )
K&M Diplodocus: Came with the Mamenchisaurus
Animal Planet Brachiosaurus skeleton: Got this one at my local TK Maxx when I was following a hint that Battats might be found at TK Maxx stores. Sadly no Battats, but lots of Pixarsaurs, Chinasaurs and Megasaurs.
Jurassic World Indominus Rex: Same story as the Brachio, but I knew that I could stumble upon one. Given that this is probably the best Hasbro version ( and probably best Hasbro JW figure ) of her, fairly uncommon here ( second time ever seeing on in the "wild" ) and I wanted a version of her anyways, I added her. She shall reside on the shelf of Fictional Dinosaurs. ( So she gets to hang out with Vastatosaurus Rex and Godzilla ) Don't expect to see any other JW Hasbro figures posted here as I'm not interested in any of these and shall quote Takama's review: "Overall, if you must get one figure from the Jurassic World Bashers and Biters line, this is the one to get. "

I also got this:

Lots of pics of marine fossils from the Jurassic of Niedersachsen.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

For a second, I was like Oh my God! They got a marine reptile fossil?!?  :)) :)) :))

Bucklander

Quote from: Dilopho on October 30, 2016, 08:52:54 AM
For a second, I was like Oh my God! They got a marine reptile fossil?!?  :)) :)) :))
Me too! ;D

CityRaptor

Well, that would be something. But the only genuine marine reptile fossils I own are some Mosasaur teeth and and an Ichthyosaur vertebra.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Keaton64

Certain parts of my collection have grown over the past few weeks, like the extinct mammals section:

The Carnegie mammoth is blind in his left eye (they forgot to add the black paint), but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.  It gives him character.

My ceratopsian herd got some new members, plus a neovenator that actually stands up (my first one couldn't).

And finally, the PNSO basilosaurus, which looks amazing. 

However, I did find two quality issues that I didn't expect for a figure of this price.  The first one being the lower jaw:

It doesn't line up with the upper half of his mouth.  I don't mind this that much, it isn't noticeable when it's open, but this next one irks me:

It's hard to tell because the eye paint is so small, but they put the black dot in front of his eye as opposed to directly on it.  Nitpicky?  Maybe, but I would have preferred they forgot it so he could have a blind eye like the above mammoth.  I have a Monterey bay hammerhead that has this exact same issue.

SBell

Quote from: Keaton64 on November 03, 2016, 08:52:38 PM
Certain parts of my collection have grown over the past few weeks,
And finally, the PNSO basilosaurus, which looks amazing. 

However, I did find two quality issues that I didn't expect for a figure of this price.  The first one being the lower jaw:

It doesn't line up with the upper half of his mouth.  I don't mind this that much, it isn't noticeable when it's open, but this next one irks me:

It's hard to tell because the eye paint is so small, but they put the black dot in front of his eye as opposed to directly on it.  Nitpicky?  Maybe, but I would have preferred they forgot it so he could have a blind eye like the above mammoth.  I have a Monterey bay hammerhead that has this exact same issue.

The quality control issue has been part of my hesitancy to add PNSO figures to my collection. And given their prices, it seems kind of unacceptable.

Roselaar

Finally got some new stuff in (Collecta). And some old stuff as well (Starlux):

sauroid

am i the only one who cant view Keaton's pics?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Quote from: sauroid on November 04, 2016, 06:02:35 AM

Can't view them too.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Keaton64

Quote from: docronnie on November 04, 2016, 07:15:55 AM
Quote from: sauroid on November 04, 2016, 06:02:35 AM

Can't view them too.

That's weird, I can't see them either, but they were working yesterday.  It isn't just mine though, I can't see roselaar's, and I know it was working yesterday too.

Keaton64

Photobucket is down for maintenance.  All of my pictures are on there; this is the most likely reason they aren't showing up.

Roselaar

Same here. Oh well, it's just a picture of some plastic prehistoric animals, no biggie.

Keaton64

Everything seems to be working again.

CarnegieCollector

Yeah, it's working. I can see Keaton's pictures now.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Nebuloid

It was my birthday this week, so I got myself a gift ! Most of the 2015/2016 releases I didn't have yet, mostly Collecta since they outdid themselves :

And I treated myself to this little guy :

Jose S.M.

sauroid

awesome haul indeed. congratulations Nebuloid.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Oh I forgot, happy birthday Nebuloid!

Nebuloid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: