You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Ah, the classic Carnegies. Usually offered at ridicolour prices on eBay by the people who know that Schleich distributed them once. Of course there are also those who declare every Carnegie a rare Schleich...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Your image hoster won't let me view the picture larger, does your T. rex have orange eyes?

Lanthanotus

No, the Rex isn't in best condition, it was part of a lot and the paint is scrubbed off here and there, also on the snout, so it's the raw plastic underneath which has this brownsih, oragne color.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Albertosaurus on October 14, 2016, 05:04:20 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 14, 2016, 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on October 14, 2016, 11:36:54 AM
Finally received the SSC Ceratosaurus statue...... >:(

Why that angry face, did you have a long waiting time? Very impressive model, I've to admit I prefer the Itoy Ceratosaurs, but the SSC definetly has the more attractive paintjob and those Pterosaurs really add to the scene.

Are you seriously comparing the sideshow ceratosaurus sculpture vs the Itoy cheap looking toy thing, and saying that the only thing that is better in the SS one is the paintjob?really?
I like this new cerato a lot, but I would never buy a SS model. The statues are fantastic, the best looking dinosaurs out there, but the paintjobs are terrible. Though I have to admit that this one is quite decent (except for that lazy airbrushed base that looks like poo and some green snot). I would never pay that much money for a statue that I will have to repaint myself.

I own a few SS modells and i can agree the paint job isnt the best, but the modells are so good i dont regret buying them. Triceratops, Rex and Stego look very good, the Carno is ok but it could be better. The Spino is huge but it got the most dissapointing paint job. But from distance its still amazing.

Concavenator

I have just got the Carnegie Carnotaurus for my birthday!Finally I have this model,after all these years.I'm glad I got it as it will turn out to be rare soon.It stands out from my Carnegie collection. 8)

docronnie

Happy Birthday Concavenator!  Congrats! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on October 17, 2016, 09:44:17 PM
I have just got the Carnegie Carnotaurus for my birthday!Finally I have this model,after all these years.I'm glad I got it as it will turn out to be rare soon.It stands out from my Carnegie collection. 8)
Thank you.I appreciate it  :D

Tyrannosauron

Some new additions to my office: WWD3D Ultimate Gorgon, Carnegie mammoth, Papo feathered Velociraptor, and Fukui Museum Bistahieversor vs. Pentaceratops and Yutyrannus duel sets (thanks, Brett!).

Please forgive the mammal's presence; he has professional reasons for being there.

Derek.McManus

Nice collection of interesting models!

Dilopho

What do you think of Gorgon?

Lanthanotus

Nice acquisitions, got that Gorgon around a year too after seeing a picture here on the forum. Shame it can't stand on its own for more than a few minutes (expect in tripod - at least that goes for mine).

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Dilopho on October 18, 2016, 08:17:37 PM
Its ok, bought mine for 20€. Woundt pay more for it, the color is a shiny strange blue metallic green mix. The head sculpt is nice but it cant stand pretty good. Not bad but make sure u dont pay to much.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Dilopho on October 18, 2016, 08:17:37 PM
I love the sculpt, but the engineering isn't great. None of the joints can actually support the figure's weight and they don't have the same range of motion as the joints on the smaller version. It'll be a great display piece once I can settle on a good pose and find a support rod that's the right size.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on October 18, 2016, 07:31:02 PM
Some new additions to my office: WWD3D Ultimate Gorgon, Carnegie mammoth, Papo feathered Velociraptor, and Fukui Museum Bistahieversor vs. Pentaceratops and Yutyrannus duel sets (thanks, Brett!).
Please forgive the mammal's presence; he has professional reasons for being there.

I know how small your office is from your youtube video, so I hope it won´t flow over one day :)

critcho

Feeling very pleased with myself tonight! Dinosaurs of China Mamenchisaurus arrived today. I've wanted this model for so long, can't believe I can add it to my collection, especially with the fossil background.  :))

Back together

Lanthanotus

Beautiful addition, critcho, would love to have them too :)

critcho

Thank you very much. I've been looking out for I for so long, I'd started to think I'd never own one.

Faelrin

Got the Yowie Anomalocaris in the mail today (bought on ebay). My very first Cambrian creature figure and Anomalocaris figure in my still small, but gradually growing collection. It's so precious. I'll have to try to take pics of it tomorrow.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Megalosaurus

Pretty nice piece Faelrin. From the Yowies I would hunt the Wiwaxia.
And if you like cambrian, look out for the kaiyodo, Cog and Favorite offerings.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Faelrin

That does look like a good one to pick up. One of my other favorite Cambrian creatures too. I'd like to pick up the Favorite figures that just released this year (the Anomalocaris of course, but also the Hallucigenia, Opabinia, and Wiwaxia), but may be a while before I can. I've also rearranged my personal wishlist to prioritize the expiring Safari figures that I want before the end of the year. I took these pics earlier today of the Yowie Anomalocaris I got yesterday:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: