You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Takama on December 05, 2016, 05:37:16 AM
I also hope they remake the Triceratops, and Edmontosaurus.   

Yes they are great models, but i think Safari can remake them and make them better.

I agree so much! If it happens I would like Edmontosaurus to be bigger, the existing one is kind of small.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Ovp Horizon Jurassic Park T-Rex and Diplo.  :))
If i find a good painter, i will post pics here. No idea how long it will take. Atleast i got em.

CityRaptor

The ones that were ending on eBay today? Nice. Would probably be sweeter if you got the Brachio, too, but two out of three is still good, especially given the high price. And no, I'm not the one who got the Brachio, but I was watching.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 05, 2016, 07:10:32 PM
The ones that were ending on eBay today? Nice. Would probably be sweeter if you got the Brachio, too, but two out of three is still good, especially given the high price. And no, I'm not the one who got the Brachio, but I was watching.
The Brachio looks boring compared to the other ones, the head is nice but the body looks a bit boring. shame there is no Horizon Triceratops.

Brontozaurus

The third part of my ebay spree came in yesterday.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Lanthanotus

Those Dinotales never dissapoint :)

LophoLeeVT

i just got my rebor utahraptor but its mouth wont open!!!HELP!!!!
thje guy that made this toy must have used super glue!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Lanthanotus

When fitting the parts together (Body/neck, upper head and lower jaw) it easily can happen that some glue escapes to the joint and blocks it after it cured or hardened. While a decent quality control should check that feature it can be remedied, but requires a bit of handiwork. I don't know about Rebor, but Schleich aswell as CollectA movable jaws can be treated with hot water to get the pieces apart without damaging them. The separate parts can then be cleaned from excessice/old glue with a sharp knive (I use a scalpel) and glued together again, I use superglue (cyanacrylate) for that purpose.

Verahin

Some Rebors simply have tight jaws, my King T-Rex mouth was pretty hard to get open when I took it out of the box.

Nebuloid

Got even more JP/Dino Riders items in this week, including Big Red which I remember admiring as a kid in 1993 in a toystore, finally got mine !

And I couldn't pass this soap :

8)

CityRaptor

Nice.
I remember seeing that soap as a kid. Although for some reason it had some sort of hair like fungus growing on it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fenestra

Only real men dare to use Jurassic soap!  >:D

Killekor

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 08, 2016, 04:05:58 AM
i just got my rebor utahraptor but its mouth wont open!!!HELP!!!!
thje guy that made this toy must have used super glue!!!

I had the same problem, for a month i was thinking that the REBOR utharaptor didn't have movable jaw!

I recommend to use twezeers or Something strong.
I recommend also to put glue in the foot, i have not do this, and i'm triyng to fix (and repaint) it.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

EmperorDinobot

I purchased:

Safari:
Masiakasaurus
Yutyrannus
Tylosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Parasaurolophus
Plesiosuchus
Kronosaurus
Iguanodon
Guanlong
Einiosaurus
Diabloceratops
Deinocheirus
Coelophysis
Carcharodontosaurus
Archaeopteryx

I would have bought more, but I think 15 dinos in one sitting is too much.

tanystropheus

Thats quite an impressive haul!

Keaton64

Someday I hope to acquire Big Red.  In the meantime I have temporarily filled the void with a big haul from DeJankins:

To future buyers of the PNSO minis, you are more than likely going to have to put the hairdryer to some of these.  Several could not stand, most notably Einiosaurus (had to pull his raised limb down to touch the ground), Ouranosaurus (front legs pushed together, had to pull apart), Archaeopteryx (bent leg, and he only stands on one that one leg along with his wings), & Nyctosaurus (had to spread his wings apart).  They all look good though, and the posters are neat as well.  For the larger PNSO figures, I got these:

Huanghetitan was added for size comparison.  Lufengosaurus is somewhat unstable, but not like Mandschurosaurus.  The slightest nudge will push him over, and it's all due to him resting his rearward leg on just the tip of his middle claw.  PNSO should have altered the mold for more of it to touch the ground (others I have seen show at least two claws touching the ground, I get unlucky sometimes).  Stability is a big issue for me, if you haven't noticed from previous posts of mine.  I would recommend you keep the inserts for both of them.  Other figures from the haul include:

T-rex came from eBay, but the rest came from DeJankins.  I had to put the hairdryer to both Rex & Velociraptor, as both of them had warped legs.  Hopefully whatever is causing this issue is resolved.  Einiosaurus is my favorite out of the new Safaris.  Even more figures to reveal:

Proceratosaurus & Liopleurodon came from a local store.  The Proceratosaurus actually stands up on his own, and although a small push will send him sideways, that's still way better than others I've tested.  Definitely keep the plastic base for this one.  DeJankins still has the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus if anyone wants one.  My favorite out of this group was the Favorite soft model Anomalocaris.  Not done yet, here's something big from the recent past:

The only new one here is the Schleich Replica-saurus Apatosaurus, with Huanghetitan & the Schleich world of history Apatosaurus for comparison.  I can never own enough large sauropods, which is why I also got this guy:

The Schleich Replica-saurus Brachiosaurus, while quite bulky & tall, can't match the sauropod king of this house.  I don't own the world of history version for size comparison. 

Killekor

Wow! Keaton.

What do you think about the PNSO Lufengosaurus?

Thanks

Killekor

P.S. Is better that you post the new safari models on the safari new for 2017 thread.
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Flaffy

Quote from: Killekor on December 11, 2016, 02:43:32 AM

P.S. Is better that you post the new safari models on the safari new for 2017 thread.
As you can see this is a thread for recently acquired figures. Keaton has every right to post newly acquired Safari figures in this thread

Keaton64

Quote from: Killekor on December 11, 2016, 02:43:32 AM
Wow! Keaton.
What do you think about the PNSO Lufengosaurus?  Thanks
Killekor

This is just a group shot of the safaris to go along with everything else I got.  I might get close up shots of them later to post in that topic.  As for Lufengosaurus, I like it, even though it looks like it might start eating its own tail due to starvation.  Couldn't tell you about accuracy, but as for its stability, mine will easily fall over not on the side with the raised limb, but on the other side (unlike most other unstable raised-limb figures I have).

With its slime green color and emaciated appearance, it along with the Schleich Barapasaurus would make great additions to a zombie dinosaur diorama.

Papi-Anon

I've been trying to nab this fella since I was in high school. Finally got him after nearly 15 years.

Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: