You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

They had a number of different company bootlegs at that store. Schleich, Papo, Safari and even a Rebor T-Rex... this bootleg factory is copying it all!

copper

I think Lanthanotus was asking if docronnie's Kaiyodo figures were bootlegs. They aren't, he was commenting Roselaars' bootleg parasaurolophus and then showed his own new figures.

docronnie

You got that right, copper! :-)

Sorry for the confusion. My Kaiyodos are real, but only duplicates of what I already have.

I also have a few bootlegs of Papo and Scleich figures.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Nanuqsaurus

Two new Papo's! Sinterklaas* was kind to me this year! :D

*Sinterklaas is a Dutch tradition, and it's basically just Santa Claus giving gifts but a bit more weird. And you get candy.

Roselaar

Nice gifts! Sinterklaas promised me a custom made Savannasaurus, but his 3D-printer wasn't up to the task on such short notice, so it's coming in a bit later. :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: copper
I think Lanthanotus was asking if docronnie's Kaiyodo figures were bootlegs. They aren't, he was commenting Roselaars' bootleg parasaurolophus and then showed his own new figures.

Quote from: docronnie
You got that right, copper! :-)

Sorry for the confusion. My Kaiyodos are real, but only duplicates of what I already have.

I also have a few bootlegs of Papo and Scleich figures.

Thanks for the clarification, I indeed missed the relation to Roselaar's bootleg dino and thought those Kaiyodos were ment to be bootlegs/duplicates, as the picture is also titled that way. I am glad they are not, already worried about mine :D
(In Germany "Ü-Eier", surprise eggs, are very popular and some of their collector figures reach very high prices and therefor are faked too. Most of them are not as detailed, combined of so many pieces or painted as intricately and therefor easier to copy, but as a lot of Kaiyodos are also just "give aways" and promotional items but of high value for collectors, who knows if they are copied too?!)

Santa Claus.... that one passed on me this year, though wait, in Germany that will be the 6th of December,... he will pass on me then most likely :D

Verahin

This latest paint variation on Papo Allosaurus, generally darker than earlier pieces, makes it look much more faithful to the stock photo. Cool.

Sim

The paint on that Papo Allosaurus's head does not look good to me.  It's particularly obvious with the sloppily painted teeth.  In all the years Papo has been producing this figure, did they ever stop painting the neck differently on each side of the seam?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on December 04, 2016, 01:27:55 PM
Two new Papo's! Sinterklaas* was kind to me this year! :D

*Sinterklaas is a Dutch tradition, and it's basically just Santa Claus giving gifts but a bit more weird. And you get candy.

Nice figures! I like the Allosaurus very much but the pronated hands are one of my few nit picks, so I'm still waiting for an allosaurus figure with that or similar detail level.

Nanuqsaurus

Yeah, I didn't know it had pronated hands before I got it. Is kinda difficult to see in pictures. Other than that, it's an amazing figure! :)

suspsy

I wish Safari or CollectA would give us a new Allosaurus. The Papo one has its flaws, yet it's still probably the most popular version out right now.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

I thought the Wild Safari one was rather accurate.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

The WS one is decent but quite shrink-wrapped.

Jose S.M.

I like it but something has been keeping me from getting it, I think it's the pose.

Takama

The Wild Safari Allosaurus looks dated when compared to everything the company is pumping out now.    Yes it is accurate, but only to and extant. so i would gladly accept a resculpt from Safari

The Atroxious

Quote from: Joe289 on December 04, 2016, 09:26:14 PM
I like it but something has been keeping me from getting it, I think it's the pose.

I can relate. The Papo Allo is one of my favorite dinosaur toys, but the pose is incredibly awkward looking, and the fact that if you flip the figure over, the pelvis looks positively mummified with the amount of tissue (or lack thereof) that covers it. It's a gorgeously crafted figure, and I absolutely love the head and the dorsal spines and scales, but the figure isn't perfect. I really wish Papo didn't insist on shrinkwrapping the pelvis on most of their theropods.

sauroid

the WS Allo is one of the best but i hope they remake it (and please not green again).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

I also hope they remake the Triceratops, and Edmontosaurus.   

Yes they are great models, but i think Safari can remake them and make them better.   

Flaffy

Quote from: Takama on December 05, 2016, 05:37:16 AM

Yes they are great models, but i think Safari can remake them and make them better.
Would definitely want new triceratops!
As for edmontosaurus, probably a colour scheme and patterning that reflects the fossil evidence more accurately, and a more subtle pose.

Takama

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on December 05, 2016, 05:55:35 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 05, 2016, 05:37:16 AM

Would definitely want new triceratops!
As for edmontosaurus, probably a colour scheme and patterning that reflects the fossil evidence more accurately, and a more subtle pose.

The main reason i want a new Edmontosuarus is because the model is based on the Species E.regelis, which has a cocks comb like crest. IF this was based on the other species E.Annectans, then it would not be on my remake list

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: