You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i guess one of the reasons why they can hardly be found today is because then it was considered to be very cheap and "disposable" that most have gotten thrown away through the years. if i was around then and got them i would have kept and cherished them just bec theyre ugly and charming.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Sounds about right. For someone who does not know what they are, they are just some cheap No Name "Dinosaur" toys.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Got these for my birthday.(which was the 17th) The only reason its on this forum is the Diplodocus and Pelican. ;) (Maybe the crocodilians too.)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Joey

Nice haul my friend!
Also I watched your videos on Youtube

CityRaptor

Well, technically there is as second Dinosaur in that haul. And three other Archosaurs. Just the cat does not belong.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 25, 2017, 12:02:22 PM
Well, technically there is as second Dinosaur in that haul. And three other Archosaurs. Just the cat does not belong.

Cats always belong.

spinosaurus1

safari LTD feathered tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus

Jose S.M.

Those two are great! I need to get them.

Reptilia

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 25, 2017, 05:03:03 PM

Thanks for this comparison pic with Papos. I'd be in for a nice display of T-Rex 'JP vs real life', but online purchase is quite a lottery.

spinosaurus1

QuoteThanks for this comparison pic with Papos. I'd be in for a nice display of T-Rex 'JP vs real life', but online purchase is quite a lottery.

no problem. i think it stacks pretty well with the running tyrannosaurus in particular. it's about 1/2 an inch shorter but stands taller and has significantly greater girth on virtually every aspect of the body aside from the head.

Reptilia

Oh thank you, even better.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 25, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Thats true... I was talking about the only extinct one. ::)

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 25, 2017, 06:15:34 AM
Nice haul my friend!
Also I watched your videos on Youtube

Thanks! And glad you like my videos. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Simon

New PNSO 1/35 scale TRex - Rapidly becoming my favorite pre-made figure.  See for yourself.   ;)

Flaffy

Congrats!  ;D
Still too gnarly for my liking

Simon

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 26, 2017, 01:41:34 AM
Congrats!  ;D
Still too gnarly for my liking
Thanks!  (There are many fine sculpts out there that I wouldn't get because they don't "move me". Nothing wrong with that.  ;) )

BTW - The base has pegs on it, and the feet have holes for the pegs.

They fit PERFECTLY to the base on my TRex.  But, it also stands by itself.

Really well made and painted.

Uncle Rex

I really like the PNSO Rex. And the base is very well done - an  added bonus for those who prefer bases. The fact that the base can be removed is appealing to me.

suspsy

You know me, I like tyrant kings with plumage the best. But I think Wilson is hands down the best scaly T. rex figure to date. I'd get if my budget allowed it. I do hope someone submits a review.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

the PNSO and the new Wild Safari T. rexes are currently the best plastic representations.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

well look who came to my door at 6:40 pm.

Simon

Well?  What do you think of the Chungkingosaurus?  Awesome, isn't it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: