You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Roselaar on February 01, 2017, 07:35:48 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 02:01:43 PM

These hand-painted figures were released for the 1963 Nuremburg Toy Fair. They use the Marx molds, but no one knows the manufacturer.

Not official Marx figures then? Still, better looking than most of those. :)

Almost certainly not made under the auspices of the Marx company, but made with the same molds. Some others that also were are not worth as much, like Superior and Toystreet from the 80's and 90's. These, however, would likely be pretty attractive to your average Marx collector for their age alone.

Halichoeres - Yes, the French seller had two listed - a dark one and a light one. I had one already, but I couldn't tell which one it was (lighting, photography, computer screens you know) so I just bought both. I'm only paying for shipping from France once! When they arrived I was surprised to find that the one I had was actually an intermediate between the two, so I'm glad I got both and now have all three.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Loon

Not a toy, but relevent; I got this cup for supporting the Indiegogo campaign to Save Mongolian Dinosaurs, I chose the velociraptor. Emily Wiloughbys art is great as always; though I feel the printing's a little fuzzy, but overall, it's pretty nice.

Megalosaurus

Lovely little pieces UK & BlueKrono.

Nice mug Loon

-

I'm in my Triassic Collector phase. So I get a WWD Postosuchus.

Its really nice, and I have some placerias for it to eat.

Extra item from same seller. Not prehistoric, nor even real, but anyway here is it:

This one is bigger than I expected, but can work really well to be a temple guardian with my Indiana Jones figures.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 01, 2017, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: UK on February 01, 2017, 07:34:52 AM
My purchases have been limited for a very long time. But could not resist going for this rare painted German expo 1960s Marx set.

:o Wow! From Nürnberg? From the sixties? :o

They have just arrived. What an amazing bunch they are. Very hard plastic and quite heavy. They look,just lovely and if the Rex just had his missing hand they would be perfect.

Halichoeres

I just got this from eBay. It was listed as an Archaeopteryx, but it doesn't look like any Archaeopteryx I've ever seen. I contacted the seller after I got it and asked for more details, and it turns out she was a proprietor of the shop that produced it. It was a figurine workshop called North Light in England, which mostly specialized in horse and dog figures. She said this one was made in 2004, along with several other prehistorics, in collaboration with "a very keen and knowledgeable dinosaur fan." Has anybody seen any others from this series? It's resin and painted with acrylic, and to me looks like a stylized Avimimus or similar.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Very interesting figure! My first thought was a baby Gigantoraptor.

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 02, 2017, 11:59:27 PM
Lovely little pieces UK & BlueKrono.

Nice mug Loon

-

I'm in my Triassic Collector phase. So I get a WWD Postosuchus.

Its really nice, and I have some placerias for it to eat.

Extra item from same seller. Not prehistoric, nor even real, but anyway here is it:

This one is bigger than I expected, but can work really well to be a temple guardian with my Indiana Jones figures.

The Postosuchus is indeed a great little figure! Seeing it makes me look back fondly on the first time I saw that predator in action on the show. The cobra looks good as well! Poor Indy...  ;D
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

SBell

I will say, I have had a very busy week with parcels coming in!

Not only did Southlands Replicas arrive (and of course I now have a couple for myself!--the Thylacine and the Thylacoleo) but I ordered a few other CollectA from MiniZoo at the same time. Since I can't get them here anyway...! So I added the mother thylacine, the Delxue Andrewsarchus, the 'standard' swimming Spinosaurus (I have the deluxe walking one already) and the Struthiomimus.

Plus, a Yujin Secret figures--the Dolly Varden! I will try to add that to the Yujin Wlakarounds at some point. And a Yujin 'Breeding Duty' Blue arowana fish tank. Of course, this one is actually for my daughter's playmobil Doll House. How can any house not have a fish tank? Especially one with a primitive fish like the arowana?

I also just finally gave in and got myself one of the Obscurus Mystriosuchus...had to!

Finally, a whole bunch of DeAgostini (and one Diramix?) figures. Most of the eels (two morays, one 'wolf eel' that is more likely a congrid or anguillid), the torpedo rays, the chimaera, the catfish, the Dinichthys, a whale shark...

Busy days for the post office! Plus, I still have a couple more slowly making their way here!

With thanks to Halichoeres, Brett, Brandon, Jason at Southlands Replicas...and the various companies that made these!

AcroSauroTaurus

Do you know the company? I want one of those.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2017, 10:33:53 PM

I just got this from eBay. It was listed as an Archaeopteryx, but it doesn't look like any Archaeopteryx I've ever seen. I contacted the seller after I got it and asked for more details, and it turns out she was a proprietor of the shop that produced it. It was a figurine workshop called North Light in England, which mostly specialized in horse and dog figures. She said this one was made in 2004, along with several other prehistorics, in collaboration with "a very keen and knowledgeable dinosaur fan." Has anybody seen any others from this series? It's resin and painted with acrylic, and to me looks like a stylized Avimimus or similar.
An interesting Background story.  Ask in the Identification thread. 

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on February 04, 2017, 11:16:20 PM
Very interesting figure! My first thought was a baby Gigantoraptor.

It does look like that! Evidently Gigantoraptor wasn't described until 2007, so this predates it. But as a baby, it could be any of a variety of oviraptorosaurs.

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 05, 2017, 07:30:03 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2017, 10:33:53 PM
An interesting Background story.  Ask in the Identification thread. 

Not a bad idea!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 05, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

[...]

Do you know the company? I want one of those.

Is ELC

Early Learning Centre - Tower of Doom - 3 HEADED SNAKE /snake monster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELC-collectable-action-figure-3-headed-snake-cobra-Serpent-Tower-of-Doom-/332108722133?hash=item4d5338efd5:g:ueIAAOSwMgdXxUBT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELC-Monsters-Of-Darkness-Characters-/222399089390?hash=item33c804caee:g:Qw8AAOSwcLxYHygS

teddybier

Look who's arrived:

got some more pictures + comparison with ankylosaurus in my collection thread  ^-^

sauroid

i like the Polacanthus. i just dont know why Papo had to paint it purple tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

They're like, "Okay, what's a color that hasn't been don't yet?"
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Megalosaurus

Purple is a color historically related to spirituality. I like it.

Well. I got my first Moa today:

suspsy

Purple's fine with me. I like that Papo's branched out from JP-style brown, grey, and dull green.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

TheRaptorSlayer

I like the color itself, I just wouldn't put it on my favourite dinosaur color list. However, I must admit it does work very and surprisingly well on this fellow!  :)
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

Reptilia

Quote from: sauroid on February 08, 2017, 06:56:59 PM

Wasn't people complaining for their use of dull colours?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2017, 01:22:05 AM
Quote from: sauroid on February 08, 2017, 06:56:59 PM

Wasn't people complaining for their use of dull colours?
Dull colour palettes isn't the same as dull paint. A dull colour palette is one that's generally uninspired or otherwise poorly executed, plain purple with orange underside, is still a dull colour palette.

Also, that's a pretty grey purple, so I'd say it's dull either way.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: