You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 09, 2017, 08:32:32 PM
I see my favorite dinosaur...

Oh yeah, it's a pretty nice figure in my opinion, I just wish there was more care on the mouth are, the fish, but it's really small so it's forgivable.

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 10, 2017, 02:09:30 AM
On Sunday I will be getting the 2010 Safari Ltd. Apatosaurus from Michael's. I might also pick up the Vagaceratops or the 2008 Velociraptor. I love the pose on it.

I still need the Apato. Pick the Vagaceratops  ;) it's  a great and a bit underrated figure, support Doug creationism so we get more and more  :P

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 09, 2017, 04:08:35 AM
lol well they say you are what you eat!   One of the cool things about being an adult s the ability to reaquire things you once had now that you appreciate them more ;) 

I had a later set called Rulers of the Earth I think JCPenny or SEARS carried , had the Marx guys in a marble brown, grey  colors.  still havent found one i could afford yet.  been tempted by those Flintstone sets though, I've been on a Flintstone kick for a few weeks now...

Problem is thanks to guys like Mike Fredericks and Prehistoric Times and eBay I have also ended up getting the stuff I wanted and couldn't afford plus stuff I never even knew about.

Those Superior Rulers of the Earth Marx reissues are pretty, I have six, the megatherium in particular is really nice the marbling looks to me like some Haida native designs. I have tried to win the complete set in the box a few times and the price has always exceeded my budget.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 10, 2017, 05:32:16 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 09, 2017, 04:08:35 AM
lol well they say you are what you eat!   One of the cool things about being an adult s the ability to reaquire things you once had now that you appreciate them more ;) 

I had a later set called Rulers of the Earth I think JCPenny or SEARS carried , had the Marx guys in a marble brown, grey  colors.  still havent found one i could afford yet.  been tempted by those Flintstone sets though, I've been on a Flintstone kick for a few weeks now...

Problem is thanks to guys like Mike Fredericks and Prehistoric Times and eBay I have also ended up getting the stuff I wanted and couldn't afford plus stuff I never even knew about.

Those Superior Rulers of the Earth Marx reissues are pretty, I have six, the megatherium in particular is really nice the marbling looks to me like some Haida native designs. I have tried to win the complete set in the box a few times and the price has always exceeded my budget.

lol too true!  I used to drool over every page !
Same here, i only have a few scattered pieces left, all my Kronos have missing flippers...

ceratopsian

First up, a snapshot of my purchases that came from Everything Dinosaur last week.  I went for some of the CollectA 2017 models that had just come in.  (I will be getting the Regaliceratops too, but it was reached ED later than the others and was separated from its ceratopsian fellows!)  I also purchased the two CollectA dinosaur tubes - thrilled with these.  And the Safari Feathered Dinos tube - I was a bit disappointed with this, as most of the minis are quite basic and not very detailed.

And then today my Diabloceratops by Muxi arrived from China:

It's a gorgeous model and I'm thrilled with it.  If you want to see more and hear more of my impressions, go to the thread devoted to this model.  By the way - although acro-man gave the cut-off date for ordering as the end of March, I understand that it's still possible to place an order!

Daspletotyrannus

If I were you I would try to get the older safari feathered dinosaurs toob. They are a lot nicer looking.  How is the Gigantspinosaurus from Collecta?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on April 11, 2017, 07:57:17 PM
If I were you I would try to get the older safari feathered dinosaurs toob. They are a lot nicer looking.  How is the Gigantspinosaurus from Collecta?

Thank you for the tip.  Gigantspinosaurus: I love it, more than I expected I would from the pictures.  It is small but perfectly formed.  It comes across as very detailed and convincing, and I like the colour scheme.  The pose is also pleasing - there's quite a rhythm to the curve of the neck and tail.  Recommended!

Jose S.M.

Those are great figures!, congratulations ceratopsian, and the Diabloceratops is gorgeous.

CrypticPrism

Yeah. The older toob is much better, I saw those and was like "huh?"
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

ceratopsian

Thank you, Jose_S.M. 
Cryptic Prism: glad to find my reaction to the feathered tube wasn't unique!

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 12, 2017, 04:49:28 PM
Thank you, Jose_S.M. 

They didn't even paint them like the new promotion pictures. I think the toobs are not selling well or something. They got rid of the humans in some of the toobs like the land down under one. The quality for the toobs been really lacking lately. Maybe you can try and repaint them your self in what ever colors you like.

SBell

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on April 12, 2017, 05:05:54 PM
Thank you, Jose_S.M. 

They didn't even paint them like the new promotion pictures. I think the toobs are not selling well or something. They got rid of the humans in some of the toobs like the land down under one. The quality for the toobs been really lacking lately. Maybe you can try and repaint them your self in what ever colors you like.

Wow...I have the original toobs...they are much better paint jobs (which is generally true of the toob series--have you seen the changes in the Prehistoric Life AKA mammals one?). Always buy Safari in the first run when you can--the most effort goes into those, clearly.

Bokisaurus

Slow these days, but got this beautiful book and finally captured the Terra Para!

Cheers, and wonderful new additions everyone!

Roselaar

Nice! That Nautilys looks awesome as well, which company produced it?

Dinomike

Wow Ceratopsian! That Diabloceratopsian is a gem!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2017, 08:21:10 PM
Nice! That Nautilys looks awesome as well, which company produced it?
4D Famemaster makes them, it really is an amazing model, and it seems to come in multiple paint variations because mine is more orange than red-brown and the base plastic is very yellow.

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on April 12, 2017, 05:05:54 PM
Thank you, Jose_S.M. 

The heck? My pachy is brown and teal, rex brown and black, sinornitho is white with black stripes, beiapo seems pretty similar, my psitacco is brown, apato is green with orange belly, Chasmo blue with green stripes, dilong black with white face markings, caudipteryx greenish black with orange, proto teal and blue, and the velociraptor had splotches of brown here and there for me. That's strange.

Also why do you guys keep buying 2017 CollectAs? Every time I see them I cry because I realize I'm American again.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dinomike on April 12, 2017, 08:56:41 PM
Wow Ceratopsian! That Diabloceratopsian is a gem!

Thank you - it is indeed (and naturally most appropriate to my nickname, as you note!)  I do hope that they sell well for Muxi.

Flaffy

Cryptic, your set is therefore the earlier runs with the old and imo better colour schemes, all the new released toobs with the orange stationary globe cap has lazier paint jobs.

CrypticPrism

Imma try to find all of the toob ones I can find right now. I'll edit it in.

CrypticPrism

I could only find the beiapo and sinornitho but I hope it suits your tastes. Papo allosaurus for scale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: