You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

Thanks for the advice guys!
@PlesiosaurusNessy: I already have the Scelidosaurus, but thanks anyway!
I am just missing the Lambeosaurus and Stenonychosaurus to complete my Invictas!

SidB

Have hope. I got my Steny in a bag of toys at Value Village a a few years ago for $3.99 in Toronto. There's always hope - the only Invicta that I actually had to buy was the Lambeosaurus.

Nimravus

Some more new stuff I got this week. Not fond of Schleich at all, but both the Tyrannosaurus and the Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan were already included in the pack.

The AAA Allosaurus looks much better in reality than in pictures. I like this vintage figurine a lot.
The old Carnegie Diplodocus needs a repainting though, the wear is too much.

PhilSauria

Congrats on getting hold of a Carnegie Diplodocus, even though it seems to be showing its age as you say. These are usually out of my price range, and when they are not the shipping required to get one of these big guys over to where I am soon puts it there. Good pickup.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. But by the way, what company does the bluish tyrannosaurus belong to? It does not sound like any company I know.  ???

PlesiosaurusNessy

@Nimravus: Very nice catch,congrats! I really like the Carnegie Diplodocus, I am a very great sauropod fan!
                    The AAA Allosaurus is fantastic, too, I like the AAA Dinosaues very much!

@Shonisaurus: The Allosaurus is from  AAA of China, they made similar figures to Schleich,Bullyland.
There is a great collection of AAA in a wide range of animals and dinosaurs!
The dinosaurs you can see at the dinosaurscollectorsitea.com!

@PhilSauria: PM for you!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

Ain't the AAA Allosaurus a T.rex?

Lanthanotus

I wasn't yet interested in Kleinwelka Dinosaurs and a few months ago I bought some as proxy and when I hold them in my hands I wasn't inmpressed neither. However, they are very collectible to those interested and so I could not refuse these when I saw the offer few days ago... 10 € plus shipping, so no questions asked :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Great deal! Been looking for the larger Kleinwelka Diplo and Brachio for awhile now.

CityRaptor

All of these for just 10 € and shipping? Lucky.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Very lucky! They may not be very up-to-date, but they're charmingly retro and fit in decently with their British counterparts from the Invicta line. That Diplodocus is just wonderful!

CityRaptor

My recent haul is not as impressive, but still nice, and kinda lacking in the toy department... All 4 Primeval novels for just 3 Euros + shipping.

This would also have been a more of a toy haul, if "Tiny Perfect Dinosaur" Tyrannosaurus I brought ( from another seller ) was actually complete as they claimed. Seems impossible to actually find one that is. ( They originally came with a plastic egg that had a plastic skeleton to assemble inside and a poster, not just a small book ). Got my money back for that one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Primeval using JP design, copyright theft!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 28, 2018, 04:36:01 PM
I wasn't yet interested in Kleinwelka Dinosaurs ... 10 € plus shipping, so no questions asked :D
You are too lucky !
This is not fair  :-[ :-[ :-[
The diplo looks like in excellent state.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 28, 2018, 04:36:01 PM
I wasn't yet interested in Kleinwelka Dinosaurs and a few months ago I bought some as proxy and when I hold them in my hands I wasn't inmpressed neither. However, they are very collectible to those interested and so I could not refuse these when I saw the offer few days ago... 10 € plus shipping, so no questions asked :D

Ohhhhh, what an amazing find you got there! Those are beautiful figures and they are on my bucket list  ^-^ I only have a few from that line. Congrats ^-^

Libraraptor

Mini painted Plateosaurus by Bullyland,  from the Stuttgart museum of Natural History. 

Archosauria

I went out of town today and picked up the Battat Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis and Pachyrhinosaurus Lakustai at Target, then the 2001 Safari LTD Spinosaurus Aegypticus from Michael's.
They're all lovely models, but I am curious as to why the Spino has four claws...

I was going to purchase the Schleich Brachiosaurus but $27.99 seemed like a pretty steep price for one model.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Archosauria

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2018, 06:58:41 AM

Mini painted Plateosaurus by Bullyland,  from the Stuttgart museum of Natural History.
It has a cute face.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Shonisaurus

The Kleinwelka brand did not know it until now and it seems to me as good as the Invicta company and only for 10 dollars is a gift price Lanthanotus I congratulate you! and I'm glad you have them in your collection.

On the other hand, the Bullyland plateosaurus of the Stuttgart Natural History Museum is a much better version for me than the two-legged plateosaurus of the same brand, there we saw the less finished figure.

PhilSauria

These arrived about a week ago but I've been preoccupied with other things 'till now. (Life, eh) First of the two concurrent laybys I've had running with local retailer Mini Zoo landed on my doorstep, the box containing this mixed assortment.
The Safari Amargasaurus. I know this one has its haters but I just can't go past another big Sauropod. It's about the same size as the CollectA Amarg, the only other one of this species on my shelves, but seems bigger thanks to Safari getting that long tail right. Much as I like the CollectA they did botch the tail. I have since painted the face all in the darker green to cover the Mexican wrestler Death Mask look.
Safari Daeodon. Another new Safari, nicely detailed and in a dynamic but not overly flashy pose. Very naturalistic coloration and I do like the off-white teeth, those and the inside of the mouth given a gloss to impart a life-like wet look.
Carnegie Miragaia. Been meaning to pick this one up for a while but something always bumped it down the list - glad I finally did as it seems like this was some of the last stock that MZ had; all sold out now. I do like the organic, naturalistic look of the sculpts in these later period Carnegies, even if the paint app can be a tad gaudy and simplistic at times.
Safari Agathis Conifer. Pretty much ignored the plants on offer from the major brands for years but I have come to see the interest and extra dimension that they add to the animals on display.  Not the last paleo plant I'll be ordering to be sure.
Safari Coelophysis. This is another figure that finally made it to the top of the list, a neat, nicely detailed rendition of this animal caught in an alert but not overly showy pose. Love the tiny row of teeth along the closed mouth. Some have issue with the colour scheme and the tripod pose but I don't mind either. There is support from the tail but is horizontal for most of its length so not too obviously a tripod. The second layby has landed so I'll post those soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: