You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Great haul PhilSauria, I'm pretty sure the Amarga looks much better with your repaint of the face, that's the only "bad" thing about the figure to me (thankfully it's easily fixed).

Shonisaurus

I'm very happy PhilSauria that you have those Safari figures on your shelves.

Honestly Safari's amargasaurus for me is the best thing that was done about that figure and I am very supportive of that amargasaurus face to the fierce criticism that is made. Maybe it is not the best but it is one of the best amargasaurus made so far in the toy market.

As for the Carnegie miragaia I have always liked it and I have it on a shelving preferably with the carnotaurus of the same brand. For me they belong to a happy time of Carnegie that unfortunately was extinguished with the step of the years until its total disappearance.

The daeodon and the coelophysis of Doug Watson's Safari brand are figures of real luxury in details and elegance and I understand that they will be a constant reference for those of us who are collectors of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals for years to come.

The Safari Agathis Conifer is perhaps one of the best figures of prehistoric trees but unfortunately along with the discontinued miragaia.

I congratulate you PhilSauria for your good taste in the purchases of prehistoric animals.

SidB

Some timely acquisitions there. The Safari trees are going, going, soon to be gone, so a good move. I've gotten five of these, myself. It's so hard to get anything of the sort from any company - I have to resort to modified aqarium plants, etc for my dioramas.
The Miragaia was one of Forest Rogers' very best sculpts for the now defunct Carnegie line. She had been badly maligned, sometimes personally, but did more than a little splendid work. This is one, for sure. Displays well with dinosaurs in the 1/20 - 1/30 range.

ceratopsian

That's a nice haul, Philsauria.  I have a soft spot for the Carnegie Miragaia.  Like you, I'm come round to getting some trees too.

My own news: in the post today from Canada, the Battat Maiasaura.  I'm over the moon.  She has a few little rubs and paint wear but nothing I can't live with.  Another struck off from the "One Day" list!  Also I paid less for her than the amount I bid on one that got away a few months ago.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 31, 2018, 02:03:09 PM
That's a nice haul, Philsauria.  I have a soft spot for the Carnegie Miragaia.  Like you, I'm come round to getting some trees too.

My own news: in the post today from Canada, the Battat Maiasaura.  I'm over the moon.  She has a few little rubs and paint wear but nothing I can't live with.  Another struck off from the "One Day" list!  Also I paid less for her than the amount I bid on one that got away a few months ago.

Congrats ceratopsian! that's the one I want the most of the unrealesed ones, along with the Ouranosaurus

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 31, 2018, 02:24:32 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 31, 2018, 02:03:09 PM

Congrats certaopsian! that's the one I want the most of the unrealesed ones, along with the Ouranosaurus

Thank you. We think along similar lines very often.  I found the Ouranosaurus a few months ago and think that and Maiasaura are the stars of the originals not reissued.

Shonisaurus

I have the outanosaurus of Battat thanks to a member of the forum who sold it to me for about 20 Canadian dollars approximately if I remember correctly. the member of the forum was Bowhead Whale and is in perfect condition and that is second hand.

The matasaura of Battat I bought in an auction on eBay and a demarxo and I can say that it has almost no defects considering that it is a second-hand figure, except for the nose that suffers in some parts abrasions. He is a wonderful figure.

Faelrin

I got a big haul today from two Toys R Us stores (plus the FFXV Noctis Play Arts figure here came in the mail today, that I ordered off Ebay a little bit ago). I got both the JWFK mini figures and the Schleich Utahraptor at the first location though. I got the HTTYD figures at the second store.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nanuqsaurus

Well, it's finally here! Many thanks to Halichoeres!  :D

acro-man

Yesterday our community found this Phorusrhacos on Taobao.
It's a unbranded Chinasaurus, which Bokisaurus showed us in Reply #9642
Made of soft vinyl.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

tanystropheus

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 31, 2018, 05:02:29 AM
These arrived about a week ago but I've been preoccupied with other things 'till now. (Life, eh) First of the two concurrent laybys I've had running with local retailer Mini Zoo landed on my doorstep, the box containing this mixed assortment.
The Safari Amargasaurus. I know this one has its haters but I just can't go past another big Sauropod. It's about the same size as the CollectA Amarg, the only other one of this species on my shelves, but seems bigger thanks to Safari getting that long tail right. Much as I like the CollectA they did botch the tail. I have since painted the face all in the darker green to cover the Mexican wrestler Death Mask look.
Safari Daeodon. Another new Safari, nicely detailed and in a dynamic but not overly flashy pose. Very naturalistic coloration and I do like the off-white teeth, those and the inside of the mouth given a gloss to impart a life-like wet look.
Carnegie Miragaia. Been meaning to pick this one up for a while but something always bumped it down the list - glad I finally did as it seems like this was some of the last stock that MZ had; all sold out now. I do like the organic, naturalistic look of the sculpts in these later period Carnegies, even if the paint app can be a tad gaudy and simplistic at times.
Safari Agathis Conifer. Pretty much ignored the plants on offer from the major brands for years but I have come to see the interest and extra dimension that they add to the animals on display.  Not the last paleo plant I'll be ordering to be sure.
Safari Coelophysis. This is another figure that finally made it to the top of the list, a neat, nicely detailed rendition of this animal caught in an alert but not overly showy pose. Love the tiny row of teeth along the closed mouth. Some have issue with the colour scheme and the tripod pose but I don't mind either. There is support from the tail but is horizontal for most of its length so not too obviously a tripod. The second layby has landed so I'll post those soon.

Beautiful group.

Libraraptor

There it is! At last.  Thank you, Bokisaurus, for making it possible!

PhilSauria

Thanks Tanystropheus for the comment. Aplogies to anyone who may have posted comments on any of my posts and was expecting a response - life (remember that?) has kept me away from here lately. So, we have an ID of sorts on that mystery Terror Bird - and that is the weirdest assortment of critters with it that I've ever seen outside of a Tim Burton move.

PhilSauria

The second of the two laybys I had with Mini Zoo. Couple of the new CollectAs; really like the Mapusaurus, and what a magnificent long tail it has. Seems to be made out of a slightly softer plastic. And the one I'd been waiting for - the Iguanodon; did not disappoint. Just the opposite in fact, it looks superb standing on the desk in front of me. This is it for me as far as this animal is concerned, I had the Papo on my list but won't be bothering now. (No further applicants need apply...unless Eofauna does one!) The Alamosaurus is the other Collecta Sauropod I'd been meaning to get, same for the Papo Styracosaurus, another 'eventually'. The two figures at the front I more or less chose to make up the qualifying amount for a layby option. That Therapod has since had its crazy feathered crest trimmed off. Just my preference, is all I'm sayin'. New order from Mini Zoo, currently being payed off, is six more of the new Safari figures.

Reptilia

Nice haul PhilSauria! And yet another accolade for that majestic Iguanodon.

Concavenator

That CollectA Iguanodon will most likely be awarded as "Best of 2018".And I hope it will be so

Shonisaurus

I agree with you PhilSauria regarding the iguanodon does not disappoint. A dinosaur in a way so vulgar physically speaking has been thanks to the work of Collecta awesome and very nice and super interesting. It is a great bet of the company.

As regards the mapusaurus, I thought it would be small, but seeing the photographs is quite considerable and it is an improvement over its standard version. Obviously this mapusaurus is superior to the one that was made in his day.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 03, 2018, 12:04:25 PM
The second of the two laybys I had with Mini Zoo. Couple of the new CollectAs; really like the Mapusaurus, and what a magnificent long tail it has. Seems to be made out of a slightly softer plastic. And the one I'd been waiting for - the Iguanodon; did not disappoint. Just the opposite in fact, it looks superb standing on the desk in front of me. This is it for me as far as this animal is concerned, I had the Papo on my list but won't be bothering now. (No further applicants need apply...unless Eofauna does one!) The Alamosaurus is the other Collecta Sauropod I'd been meaning to get, same for the Papo Styracosaurus, another 'eventually'. The two figures at the front I more or less chose to make up the qualifying amount for a layby option. That Therapod has since had its crazy feathered crest trimmed off. Just my preference, is all I'm sayin'. New order from Mini Zoo, currently being payed off, is six more of the new Safari figures.

Glad you finally got them and happy with them, they sure are a nice group. Makes you excited about the other CollectA's.  :D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 03, 2018, 08:12:56 AM

There it is! At last.  Thank you, Bokisaurus, for making it possible!

;) Nice to know he got to his new home safely. I'm happy that you finally got him, it was my pleasure :) Cheers!

Atokensis

Found this green T.rex on ebay for only $40 (including shipping!) and it was in great condition, just had to buy it quickly!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: