News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Lovely replica fossil!  :)

Finally got in on the JW2 act, thanks ToyChamp Apeldoorn:

Including factory boxes!

And a Dino Valley Pachyrhinosaurus.

Dilopho

Woah, that must have cost a lot!  :o
Which is your favourite?

Jose S.M.

That's a huge haul! What a good reception this line has, people were skeptical when the news that Hasbro bought the rights surfaced but they did delivered.

CityRaptor

You mean Mattel got the rights. And hey, I think everyone but the worst Hasbro-Loyalists knew that it could only get better.

Quote from: Dilopho on May 04, 2018, 05:43:43 PM
The roar does sound weirdly like the JP3 Spinosaurus. And hey, on mine, it says it was made by Hasbro? What's up with that? I don't own any other lost world figures, so perhaps someone can clue me in.

Basically Hasbro aquired Kenner in 1991, but for the most part let them do their own stuff. Hence why we got the JP lines during the 90s, while Hasbro made stuff like that:

The when the toyline for SW:Episode 1 flopped, Hasbro shut down Kenner, firing everyone but ironically the Star Wars team. These people then got to work on the JPIII toyline, and we all know how that turned out.

So yeah, TLW might be marked Hasbro, but it is truely Kenner.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 24, 2018, 07:02:42 PM
Also im.surprised someone else here knows about dino crisis 2.

What's so surprising? The forum has a wide range of ages.

Great hauls everyone!

Anyways, my newest haul:
Arriving from Japan, Dinosaur Erasers! They don't erase Dinosaurs, they are erasers that are Dinosaurs! The "Cetiosaurus" has a toothy grin of sharp teeth. Lumpy ( 1: 40 ) for scale.

Kinda funny how the Japanese make all these minatures, but their erasers are rather big.

Also brought the newst german issue of National Geographic ( May 2018 ), which has an article on the Evolution of Birds. Sadly the cover is some generic, depressed-looking humans instead of a bird, like the french version of the same issue:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Dilopho on May 08, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
Which is your favourite?

Sure did, close to 375 euros... And I had to travel 100 miles by train to get to the closest store that stocked them. Plus, I had to carry them back in two garbage bags by hand because I don't have a car. And it was hot today too. So yeah, I suffered for these. But it's totally worth it!

Carnotaurus is my favorite, thanks to its snazzy snapping action. Baryonyx follows closely.

Reptilia

Quote from: Roselaar on May 08, 2018, 11:04:03 PM
Sure did, close to 375 euros...

Wow, that's about 2/3 of my monthly wage! I probably couldn't spend that much on dinos in a whole year, already had troubles to get the new Papos all at once. Lucky you!

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on May 08, 2018, 11:04:03 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on May 08, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
Which is your favourite?

Sure did, close to 375 euros... And I had to travel 100 miles by train to get to the closest store that stocked them. Plus, I had to carry them back in two garbage bags by hand because I don't have a car. And it was hot today too. So yeah, I suffered for these. But it's totally worth it!

Carnotaurus is my favorite, thanks to its snazzy snapping action. Baryonyx follows closely.

Wow...that's a lot of effort. Such dedication!! Such effort!!  :'( such a hero to dinosaurs everywhere...  ;) :D

Really, though, that is a lot of effort. I'm impressed and also slightly worried. xD

IrritatorRaji

Last of the repaints I bought from Etsy :) A chinasaur repainted to look like the JP:OG Styracosaurus

Jose S.M.

That figure is pretty good for a "chinasaur" and I like the repaint.

I got this some days ago but didn't have the time to take pictures unitl now:

Kaprosuchus is bigger than I expected, it's a very nice figure. I'm still debating if I should retouch the face of the Malawisaurus, in person it doesn't bother me that much but doesn't photograph that well.

Shonisaurus

For me, the Safari kaprosuchus is one of my favorite figures, it is much more beautiful for me than its Papo counterpart, without saying that the other does not stop being a great figure.

On the other hand the Safari malawisaurus seems to me a very interesting figure apart from being scarce (it seems to me that it is the only one) in the dinosaur toy market, which perhaps would have favored you as you say Jose a touch of different paint.

I congratulate you Jose for your new acquisitions.

QuetzalcoatlusKing

Lets all list new 2018 stuff we get. Myself, I got the New Safari LTD Malawisaurus, New Safari LTD Ankylosaurus, new Safari LTD Parasaurolophous, new Safari LTD Stegosaurus, and the Safari LTD Yutyrannnus.

DinoToyForum

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 09, 2018, 03:37:25 PM
For me, the Safari kaprosuchus is one of my favorite figures, it is much more beautiful for me than its Papo counterpart, without saying that the other does not stop being a great figure.

It could use a wash to bring out the details. Has anyone tried coloring the WS Kapro in Papo colors?

Nimravus

Hi guys,
See what the post has brought home this week. I was pretty excited to check what the boxes contained... I haven't been disappointed. 8)

The small mammals are from Animals of Australia, and the hyaena, no idea, I bought it in Aliexpress. I don't think it is a bootleg, but if anyone can clarify, I would appreciate it.

More detailed pictures of what is in the boxes in my thread. ;)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. By the way iToy dilophosaurus is a truly greedy figure. I would be tempted to buy it if I had more money, but I prefer to keep the money for other figures of other companies.

Anyway, I'm dilolphosaurus I have to admit that he is a very nice figure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Nimravus on May 10, 2018, 06:02:39 PM
The small mammals are from Animals of Australia, and the hyaena, no idea, I bought it in Aliexpress. I don't think it is a bootleg, but if anyone can clarify, I would appreciate it.

That's the Yiniao Family Zoo - Spotted Hyena.

Faelrin

@Nimravus Congrats on the haul there. I always did like the IToy Dilophosaurus (from what I've seen of it), and the Sinoceratops looks like another really nice model.

I got the Mattel Roarivores Allosaurus today at Wal-Mart when shopping for things. No Baryonyx though. Going to be going to another Wal-Mart and a Target tomorrow before or after my therapist's appointment, so hopefully I can score another figure then. Pic tomorrow. I also used my dad's phone to download the app, and I had a bit of fun messing around with it and scanning things in.

Edit: Quick pic below of it (in my tiny hand):
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

QuetzalcoatlusKing

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2018, 08:47:56 AM
C:-) topics merged

haha. didn't see this here. probably because I was lazy and tired.

Dilopho

Alright, picked up something else.
There was only one Allosaurus, and about 3 Metriacanthosaurus(es?), so I pick up Allo.

Ello, Allo!
A very nice figure! The paint job is kinda weird on this one...there are, of course, a few flaws with it, as is to be expected with a mass-produced figure, but nothing that detracts much. But it has a really weird texture? If you look carefully at the eyes and horns, they're made up of really small coloured dots, of more than one colour. It gives a glittery look.
Not that you can tell from my photos.

I know there's another acquisitions thread for non-dinosaurs, but I'm just gonna show you here what else I picked up on the trip.

Poor Link  ;D

By the way, after having my T. rex out in the cold for a bit, the left ankle join is really tight? They were both already squeaky, but it's SUPER tight and I'm scared of turning it too much from it's default position in case I break it. Maybe it'll go back to normal if I let it warm back up, but if not it might be okay, since it's in the default pose.

Faelrin

@Dilopho Congrats on getting an Allosaurus too, and that BotW Link (I want that now). I like how I heard the BotW game over sound on seeing that fourth pic. Nice pics too.

I totally just checked out my Allosaurus and just saw what you mean about the glittery effect in those areas too. Weird. I wonder if it's something to do with how the paint was applied (stamped?) or maybe even the paint itself.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: