News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Finally got some JW:FK figures. Specifically, the bag of 15 minis. I'm pretty much sticking to smaller figures if I can, so it does mean tracking down some of the other blind bag dinos too...

And, of course, my son got his own pack. The dino geek is strong in that one! He also has the bigger articulated Indoraptor, and is very excited by its quality (compared to either JW indominus...)

Shonisaurus

These minis figures of JP remind me of companies like Marx or Favorite to give two examples, relatively cheap figures and monocolores do not have to envy the best companies of toy dinosaurs. I congratulate you on your figures.

EmperorDinobot

CollectA's Sciurumimus. Too cute to pass up. It won't get here for a while.

Archosauria

I managed to get quite a few new models last month, including my first JW:FK figures! I really wanted the Baryonyx Roarivore, but it is about as common as the animal it represents. I've been to three wal-marts and two targets over the past two months, but it is no where to be found.

I also couldn't resist my primeval, mortal desires and I bought three REBOR knockoffs. As much as I dislike buying knockoffs, I'm glad I bought some. Specifically, I bought the Carnotaurus and Tenontosaurus carcass from FloZ and a Dimorphodon from Aliexpress. They're all really good.
Speaking of Aliexpress, I also found a $2 knockoff of Papo's Archaeopteryx, which I bought solely to repaint it.

Additionally, I found some Prehistoric Panorama bags on Amazon for $5 so I bought two. I was really hoping for the pterosaurs, but I got the mammals and sea life instead  :-\

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163868565@N07/28282310678/in/dateposted-public/
The picture quality isnt great ;D
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

CityRaptor

Well, I finally got some JW:FK stuff.

The Posterbook came from Amazon. Every page is considered a poster. Some are screenshots, some are artwork. No spoilers beyond trailers.
The Lego magazine I got at a kiosk at a train station. Obviously I got it for the toy, which will likely be my only Lego JW stuff.
Also found a book I remember ( borrowing a different copy from a library, it's actually older than me) from my childhood at a second hand store.  Despite the title being "Dinosaurs", it actually "covers" ( it's only 30 pages long, so cover might be exaggerated ) the majority of life on Earth, from first life to the end of the dinosaurs. ( there are two more books in the series "Mammoths" and "Neanderthals" both about prehistoric mammals). It also includes instructions for several things, like an eurypterid made out of cardboard, a dinosaur skeleton made out of pipe cleaners and a pliosaur made out of felt, among other things.
The postcards, presenting classic comic covers from the 50's ( there seem to be 100 total in that series, but only those two interested me out of the ones present ) were found in an antique book store, but are actually new.   
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

I bought this very book last autumn. Had totally forgotten about it, but when I saw it on a local flea market I immidiatly recognized it. It was one of the first or maybe the very first dinosaur book I lend from the school library and I remember trying completly on my own to sew this pliosaurus from yellow felt parts and some cotton wool. The result was poor at best, but I had made it on my own. Just recently I made such a plush toy for my son and we also did the prehistoric sea model from the book, you can see it here. :)

MLMjp

One month since release date, but now I can finally enjoy Jurassic World toys happiness!

IrritatorRaji

Oooh, Thrash n Throw! Very nice addition!

PhilSauria

Doesn't look so bad when you see it in the box with its over-sized feet covered up, and the seams strangely enough don't 'seem' so bad on the actual figure when it's in front of you rather than any photos of it. At least that's my impression. I bought this one about a week ago, and yes I'll admit I did try out all of the action features but now it will spend its time as a display figure but those features allow you to pose the head looking left or right and the jaw can be closed or open as required. As I mentioned elsewhere I did contemplate getting the Colossal - but I really don't know where I'd put it short of buying the thing its own dog kennel!!

EmperorDinobot

I managed to get all the Kohls two packs from Fallen Kingdom and the exclusive Red Raptor 5 pack with Owen. Oh, and Stegosaurus and STEM Stygimoloch, all waiting to be opened. It will be a storied Sunday, for sure.

14 dinosaurs in 3 days. I really need to put a stopper to this...

Roselaar

Finally got my hands on two awesome Mosasaurs. I think I can honestly say this is my favorite JP toy. Ever. :)

Tylosaurus

That Mosa looks a bit derpy but it's well made, it's good to see they actually improved the build quality of the toys themself, the head is a bit on the too big side there though, the poor animals neck  xD
The 1997 Thrasher T.rex will always be my long time favorite :)

But grats man that you were able to find some new JP/JW gear you diodn't have yet :)
Were you able to find any prototypes as well?

and you have a DM from me, I think I found you something very cool and very memorable.

Shonisaurus

It is fabulous the mosasaurus JP is immense and very beautiful. I congratulate you Roselaar for your new acquisition.  :)

IrritatorRaji

Wooo! Good catch, Roselaar! :D

DragonRider02

My Papo Therizinosaurus finally arrived! He's simply BEAUTIFUL: Big, hevy and I love the colors and overall design. The claws could be a little longer and I imagined him to be a bit larger BUT still-he towers over Schleich Theri and pretty much every dinosaur in my collection.  :)

He likes pancakes.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you DragonRider02 for your new acquisition. The Papo therizinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs in this year 2018. It must have a strong articulated jaw for what I see and that is good news for when I get mine over September or October I keep it with my jaw open.

Beautiful figure, beautiful photo! Thanks for your photographs. And my greatest wish is that you are in the forum as a recent member as at your home.

IrritatorRaji

Congrats on obtaining that Theri, but, most importantly....

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 22, 2018, 07:29:14 PM

He likes pancakes.

...how did you get a photo of my spirit animal?

DragonRider02

Quote...how did you get a photo of my spirit animal?
XD So I am not the only person whose Spirit Animal is a pancake-eating Dinosaur?

Dinomike

Quote from: MLMjp on May 19, 2018, 05:29:32 PM
One month since release date, but now I can finally enjoy Jurassic World toys happiness!

I'm really tempted to get one of these Jurassic World T. rexes. However, there are too many versions to choose from. I'm thinking about repainting the rex to be more screen accurate...but that's if I get one. My wallet says 'NO' atm.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Faelrin

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Cute pancake eating Therizinosaurus pic there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: