News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

They're adorable, IrritatorRaji! I wouldn't have been able to resist those. Must have been a nice treat to come around to 😂
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

The dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Lego and the same can be said of Play Movil are highly good and educational. His figures even serve for collectors.

In my time Lego did not make dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and I celebrate that these toy companies focused mainly for children make these figures, apart from being a means of entertainment for children educates them about the different epochs of Earth history. It is appreciated that there are such figures.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 06, 2018, 06:39:19 AM
IrritatorRaji,  cute little figures. I guess Dr Admin has a crush onthat Plesiosaur!

Yes. :-*

But how to get my hands on one!?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 06, 2018, 04:27:34 PM
IrritatorRaji,  cute little figures. I guess Dr Admin has a crush onthat Plesiosaur!

Tbh if you want it, I've no issue giving it to you. I don't collect marine animal's but I think drunk me forgot that, so it won't hurt me to send this little thing to someone who'd appreciate it more :D

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on May 05, 2018, 04:34:38 PM
I still may not be able to get my greedy hands on any Mattel JW2 figures, but at least I managed to score these:

Stars above! Where are you going to put all those sets once they're built?!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 06, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 06, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

Tbh if you want it, I've no issue giving it to you. I don't collect marine animal's but I think drunk me forgot that, so it won't hurt me to send this little thing to someone who'd appreciate it more :D

I had the same thoughts in regard to our administrator and that plesiosaurus- nice to see it go to a good home.

BlueKrono

I would also pony up $$ for one of them if you knew where you got them!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 07, 2018, 01:48:41 AM

I would also pony up $$ for one of them if you knew where you got them!

Was too drunk to remember but it's likely I got them in a market in Gent (Belgium) since that's where I'm staying atm ^^

What I can recall though, they were €3 each

Libraraptor

I Love the idea of Waking up in the morning after a blackout, with a Hangover and suddenly spying a bunch of dinos and having  no idea where they come from. So hilarious!

Dilopho

HNNNNGGHHHHH I caved in and spent some of my (dwindling) money on a new JW figure.
The roarivores, although neat, are pretty...puny for the price point, so I got this bad girl:

WOAH.
This is the Extreme Chompin' Tyrannosaurus.

I had been trying to fiddle with those smaller dinosaurs in their boxes (Why make a Pteranodon with flappy wings and then put it in a box with a bit of cardboard on the front that stops them from flapping?) but, oh man, I swear I could hear this thing calling out to me (not really, I'm not that crazy....I hope....)

Aaaah, this !! This Tyrannosaurus!! Is SO good!!

There is absolutely no comparison with the ol' bullet-hole Rexy from Hasbro...
The fact that this is Mattel's "standard" T. rex is quite frankly awesome.

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep her mouth open? I know it looks kinda dumb on most figures, but this one is certainly an exception. It looks really good with the mouth open, and I'd like to pose it for photos. I've seen some photos of the figure with the mouth posed open, but as far as I can tell, that might not be easy to do without messing with the figure too much.

Faelrin

I've seen some people on youtube slide a cut piece of the little plastic strip that holds the Roarivores in, into the back of her neck (ditto for keeping a Roarivore's mouth closed). I'm totally planning on getting this one too now. I'm hoping I can pick one up by friday this week or the next, especially now that I have the space for more now.

I think it is hilarious that this one has the same gimmick (and nearly the same name) as the Hasbro JW one, but it's miles better, and bigger too (from what I've seen).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

Quote from: Faelrin on May 07, 2018, 06:29:04 PM
I think it is hilarious that this one has the same gimmick (and nearly the same name) as the Hasbro JW one, but it's miles better, and bigger too (from what I've seen).
Yeah, this one does it far better. I'm not sure if it's bigger though- I don't have my hasbro one with me right now, but the hasbro one is pretty big. They might be around the same size?
At least, this mattel one is far better proportioned. It has big feet, but they do a wonderful job of balancing the whole thing. And it's a bulky one! Not like the skinny minny hasbro rex.

EDIT:

Yep, I put a bit of cardboard in the button and it works.

Man, this things just looks SO cool. It's not perfect, for example they didn't paint the dew claw, but it's honestly far superior to most other rexes that have come out. And this is just the standard one!

IrritatorRaji

Look who finally arrived! He arrived while I was in Belgium and I've just being dying to get a look at him! Now that I'm finally home, I can gawk to my hearts content

Dilopho

Is that...the Jurassic World Carnotaurus? With the colours of the original figure? Superb repaint.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Dilopho on May 07, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
Is that...the Jurassic World Carnotaurus? With the colours of the original figure? Superb repaint.

Yup, Mattel's Carno with Kenner's Demon Carnotaurus colour scheme :D Bought it from Etsy :) I'm not sure if the seller plans to sell another Carno, but he is selling repainted Mattel figures.

Faelrin

@IrritatorRaji That Carnotaurus turned out amazing. Good score.

@Dilopho Glad that tip worked out. It looks really cool with its mouth open on display like that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

I just compared the two chomping rexes, i can't post a picture right now but the mattel is indeed larger.

Dinomike

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 07, 2018, 07:19:39 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on May 07, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

Yup, Mattel's Carno with Kenner's Demon Carnotaurus colour scheme :D Bought it from Etsy :) I'm not sure if the seller plans to sell another Carno, but he is selling repainted Mattel figures.

That is really cool! Congrats on your wonderful new acquisition!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you IrritatorRaji for your new acquisition. The carnotaurus looks very good.

Patrx

Just got this neat replica of BSP 1937 I 18, currently Aerodactylus scolopaciceps, from Etsy. It's pretty well-done, but could stand to have a bit more paint to separate the fossil material from the matrix. In any case, it's eye-catching, and decent pterosaur collectables are pretty darn rare.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: