News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Waited for months, but it finally came in!!! Vintage DK Giganotosaurus!

It's hollow, and unfortunately has a couple bulletholes on the other side.

Fembrogon

^Nice, Mgaguilar! The DK Giganotosaurus design was probably my default image of the genus for a long time, thanks to books.

...So I've been bit by the JW:FK bug; I bought these all within the past week:

We'll see if I end up with more.  :)) Here's the mob altogether so far:

Jose S.M.

There has been some nice JW:FK hauls lately!

PhilSauria

Wish that Mosasaur would hurry up and surface over here; I'm seeing everything but, well almost everything (no sign of the Colossal rex). I wasn't that fussed about the Thrash n Throw rex, all those seams, but having seen one on the shelf and tweaked its tail to make the head move I may be tempted. Doesn't seem quite so out of proportion as the other rex figures, though I could be mistaken. Longer tail maybe?

Reptilia

Thanks for the collective picture, Fembrogon. The EC T-Rex is very small compared to the Mosasaurus, but it is the only one of the three rexes that I find appealing. I mean, the sculpt is fantastic on all of them, cause basically is the same, but the T&T has that ugly body seam, and I prefer to have no electronic feature on a figure anyway. The SC is just way too big for my purposes.

Shonisaurus

I suppose the mosasaurus above all and the rest of the dinosaurs will be very expensive, apart from the quality the size will also be taken into account when buying these figures.

tanystropheus

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 29, 2018, 06:21:44 PM
Waited for months, but it finally came in!!! Vintage DK Giganotosaurus!

It's hollow, and unfortunately has a couple bulletholes on the other side.

Where did you get that? I thought Schleich was the only company that made DK Giganotosaurus?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 25, 2018, 06:03:05 PM
ooh i forgot to put that one

It was a repaint based on the dino crisis 2 Giganotosaurus someone mentioned here.

A bit fictionally oversized but its nostalgic for those who played dc2 haha.

That's an impressive repaint!

Shonisaurus

The repainting favors the Safari 2017 giganotosaurus.  ;) I honestly do not like the original painting of the Safari gigantosaurus with those stripes it looks more like a white tiger or a zebra than a carnivorous theropod.

Dilopho

Alright, hey guys! :< I'm still more busy with college to really pursue any hobbies at the moment.
But hey, here are some dinosaurs, the first one's I've got in about ...a year? Maybe more?
As much as I like those new Jurassic World figures, I've only been able to find older ones xD but I love them anyway.

I found this neat Spinosaurus on Ebay! Had to put some batteries in, but the roar works. The arms are kinda worryingly stiff, though- It's almost as if this was took out of the box when it was new and then put on display until now. It's in absolutely perfect condition, and that's not good because when you try and move it, it's like a box of rice krispies- snap, crackle and pop!
The roar does sound weirdly like the JP3 Spinosaurus. And hey, on mine, it says it was made by Hasbro? What's up with that? I don't own any other lost world figures, so perhaps someone can clue me in.

And, I found this on Ebay, too! As you can all tell, Dilophosaurus is my favourite dinosaur, so this is great! Although this one is the opposite of the Spinosaurus. It's kinda grubby, and the joint are really loose. I decided to try out the spitting feature while washing it off, but it turns out that this Spitter is really more of a Drooler- but that just doesn't sound as catchy for a nickname, does it?  ;)

(Also, both of these guys,...or..girls? Um, I don't know, but they both have forked tongues. That's really neat.)

(ALSO, I'm covered in holes on my hand from that bush they're posed under, so I sacrificed myself to take those pictures.  :'( )

The Atroxious

I used to have that Dilophosaurus. The squirt feature on mine worked alright, but it held a pitifully small amount of water. Maybe yours is clogged with debris?

You heard it here first, folks! Dinosaur toys encourage you to engage in risky behavior, like climbing under spiky bushes. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Dilopho

Yeah, it wasn't the best idea of mine  ;D

When I squeeze it, i can kinda hear some air escaping from the leg joint area

Roselaar

I still may not be able to get my greedy hands on any Mattel JW2 figures, but at least I managed to score these:

IrritatorRaji

Currently on holiday in Belgium. Got flat out drunk and woke up next morning to have discovered that I bought some ceramic dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Well sincerely in my case in all safety if I found that kind of ceramic dinosaurs I would give them to my mother for Mother's Day worth the benefit.

Jose S.M.

Well they are very cute, specially the one that has like a beak and the little plesiosaur, it has a tail fin.

Lanthanotus

Lucky you they survived that tour :D ... I like that Apatosaurus/Diplodocus.

The Atroxious

Quote from: Roselaar on May 05, 2018, 04:34:38 PM
I still may not be able to get my greedy hands on any Mattel JW2 figures, but at least I managed to score these:

I'm admittedly somewhat jealous. I really want the two Indosaur Lego sets, but can't really justify spending that much money on them, especially since I don't collect Legos, and I have precious little space for normal toys, much less big honking Lego displays. I love the idea behind these in particular, but they're not very practical for me at present.

Either way, they do look like a lot of fun to set up, and with that many sets, you'll be busy for quite a while.

Libraraptor

IrritatorRaji,  cute little figures. I guess Dr Admin has a crush onthat Plesiosaur!

Faelrin

@IrritatorRaji Those little ceramic dino's are so cute. Good set there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: