News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 08, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Are you ging to gove names to the fruits and nuts?
Also, when you finally can scan, you will have a bunch of pictures I bet!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 07:25:44 PM
I might.

I will. I just finished Dasornis and Harlan's Ground Sloth. Dasornis took about five minutes :)) and he will have coloration like a Greater Skua.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 07:28:04 PM
I might.

I will. I just finished Dasornis and Harlan's Ground Sloth. Dasornis took about five minutes :)) and he will have coloration like a Greater Skua.

Wow! Five minutes! Can't wait!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 07:28:04 PM
I might.

Wow! Five minutes! Can't wait!
Yes, I was shocked at how quickly I finished it :)).

Balaur

I will actually tell you this about the fruits and nuts. You probably already know this, but the fruit and nuts names will actually be the name of the tree or bush it grows on, because it is part of it. So in tnat case, your Megamalus fruit should be called the Megamalus Bush, which has fruit growing on it. Does that make sense?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 12:36:36 AM
I will actually tell you this about the fruits and nuts. You probably already know this, but the fruit and nuts names will actually be the name of the tree or bush it grows on, because it is part of it. So in tnat case, your Megamalus fruit should be called the Megamalus Bush, which has fruit growing on it. Does that make sense?
Oh, yeah I knew that. I think the names I came up with worked. Anyway, time to color eight pictures (seven of which I drew today).

Yutyrannus

Finished and scanned a few of them:

Dasornis

Gastornis

Elasmotherium

Coelodonta

Balaur

Wow! Gastonia is best out of all of them! Love all!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 03:03:47 AM
Really? I think the Dasornis is the best. Also, how are the rhinos? I drew them both from photos of Black Rhinoceros so they are more accurate.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 08, 2014, 03:07:20 AM
Really? I think the Dastornis is the best. Also, how are the rhinos? I drew them both from photos of Black Rhinoceros so they are more accurate.

I think I love the colour of the Gastornis and the fruits and nuts you put in. Dasornis is pretty cool though. The rhinos are awesome! I lovw the pose on the Elasmotherium.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 03:08:47 AM
Really? I think the Dastornis is the best. Also, how are the rhinos? I drew them both from photos of Black Rhinoceros so they are more accurate.

I think I love the colour of the Gastornis and the fruits and nuts you put in. Dasornis is pretty cool though. The rhinos are awesome! I lovw the pose on the Elasmotherium.
The Elasmotherium was drawn from a charging Black Rhino, which I think fits how I picture the attitude of Elasmotherium. Also, the others should come pretty soon :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 08, 2014, 03:11:41 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 03:08:47 AM

The Elasmotherium was drawn from a charging Black Rhino, which I think fits how I picture the attitude of Elasmotherium. Also, the others should come pretty soon :).

Yay! :)

Balaur

Which Psittacosaurus species will you be featurinf, and will you have an invented fruit for it like for Psittacosaurus sibiricus? I think it would be cool.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 06:24:49 AM
Which Psittacosaurus species will you be featurinf, and will you have an invented fruit for it like for Psittacosaurus sibiricus? I think it would be cool.
Probably :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 08, 2014, 06:39:22 AM

Awesome! I love your invented fruits! I don't think I've seen anybody else except you and me who make up fruits or nuts, and draw them and actually name them.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 06:50:31 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 08, 2014, 06:39:22 AM

Awesome! I love your invented fruits! I don't think I've seen anybody else except you and me who make up fruits or nuts, and draw them and actually name them.
Well you did ;).

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that you said "you and me".

Yutyrannus

I finished drawing Didelphodon and will color him like a Least Weasel. Also, any suggestions for colors for Hyaenodon? I can't come up with anything for it yet.

Balaur

I love least weasels!
For Hyaenodon I'd normally say spotted hyena, but that's been overdone, how about a dark boack body iwith dark brown spots on his body?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 10:25:17 PM
I love least weasels!
For Hyaenodon I'd normally say spotted hyena, but that's been overdone, how about a dark boack body iwith dark brown spots on his body?
Oooooh......perfect. Thank you for the suggestion :)! I'll definitely use that!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 08, 2014, 10:26:34 PM
Quote from: Balaur on February 08, 2014, 10:25:17 PM
I love least weasels!
Oooooh......perfect. Thank you for the suggestion :)! I'll definitely use that!
Your welcome. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: