News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 08, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I colored Didelphodon and will soon color Hyaenodon so I'll try to post them soon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 12:13:30 AM
Castorocauda sequence: http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Beasts-of-the-Cenozoic-Sequence-2-433035908?ga_submit_new=10%253A1391991138
Very cool! I'll try to get the other three Mesozoic mammal sequences up soon, as well as the Didelphodon, Castorocauda, and Fruitafossor pictures. Also, any suggestions for Castorocauda colors? I know there are plenty of aquatic mammals to reference but I want some kind of pattern which none of them seem to have.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 01:00:30 AM
Castorocauda sequence: http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Beasts-of-the-Cenozoic-Sequence-2-433035908?ga_submit_new=10%253A1391991138
Very cool! I'll try to get the other three Mesozoic mammal sequences up soon, as well as the Didelphodon, Castorocauda, and Fruitafossor pictures. Also, any suggestions for Castorocauda colors? I know there are plenty of aquatic mammals to reference but I want some kind of pattern which none of them seem to have.

Awesome! I can't wait for the sequences and pictures!
For the Castorocauda, I actually am thinking making it a melanistic one, with a pattern similar to black panthers.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 01:13:42 AM

For the Castorocauda, I actually am thinking making it a melanistic one, with a pattern similar to black panthers.
Normally I'd love to do a melanistic creature however I'm worried the detail in the picture might not show up if I do :-\.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 01:16:46 AM

Normally I'd love to do a melanistic creature however I'm worried the detail in the picture might not show up if I do :-\.

Hhhmmmmm..... Maybe a combination of a leopard seal pattern and colours of a sea lion?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 01:18:42 AM

Hhhmmmmm..... Maybe a combination of a leopard seal pattern and colours of a sea lion?
Hmmmmm....that could be pretty cool. Thanks for all the help!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

Your very welcome. I couldn't imagine how long it takes to do everything for your series. Mine is prety short, but yours is very complex, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. I would love to see this come to frution, but budget would be the one problem.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 01:23:25 AM

Your very welcome. I couldn't imagine how long it takes to do everything for your series. Mine is prety short, but yours is very complex, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. I would love to see this come to frution, but budget would be the one problem.
Yes, it takes a very long time, in fact you'll probably finish all four of your series' before I finish one :)). Budget would definitely be a problem,  I intend to have at least as good animation as Ice Age Giants.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 01:28:06 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 01:23:25 AM

Yes, it takes a very long time, in fact you'll probably finish all four of your series' before I finish one :)). Budget would definitely be a problem,  I intend to have at least as good animation as Ice Age Giants.

That's probably true.
And I would love to see that type of animation as well.

Balaur

I just did a calculation, and Monsters of the Mesozoic is about 39% complete. This series is 10% complete.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 02:18:19 AM
I just did a calculation, and Monsters of the Mesozoic is about 39% complete. This series is 10% complete.
With stories or pictures?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 05:46:46 AM

In general. But upon closer inspection I mis-calculated. Here are the full statistics:
Monsters of the Mesozoic
Picture Completion - 35%
Story Completion - 34%
In General - 37%

Beasts of the Cenozoic
Picture Completion - 12%
Story Completion - 6%
In General - 10%

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 05:46:46 AM

In general. But upon closer inspection I mis-calculated. Here are the full statistics:
Monsters of the Mesozoic
Picture Completion - 35%
Story Completion - 34%
In General - 37%

Beasts of the Cenozoic
Picture Completion - 12%
Story Completion - 6%
In General - 10%
Wow. Ithought I was a little futher than that. Well better keep drawing and writing :).

Yutyrannus

I ginished Didelphodon, Castorocauda,  and Fruitafossor so I'll try to post them soon.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:52:56 AM
I ginished Didelphodon, Castorocauda,  and Fruitafossor so I'll try to post them soon.
Awesome!

Yutyrannus

Here they are:

Castorocauda

Didelphodon

Fruitafossor

Balaur

All are fantastic Yutyrannus! Castorocauda is awesome, and so is the Didelphodon and Fruitafossor.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 11, 2014, 02:17:42 AM
All are fantastic Yutyrannus! Castorocauda is awesome, and so is the Didelphodon and Fruitafossor.
Yeah, I think Castorocauda tured out the best. Also can you tell what I colored Fruitafossor after?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: