News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Thank god, no.

Have you ever had a serious "we need to get out of here ASAP" moment?
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Yes, definitely.

Have you ever seen an animal for the first time, either in life or as a skeleton, and thought, 'well, that's not near as big as I expected'?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quite the opposite. The T. rex replica, the "holy" horse descendant that hit my face, the elephant I rode.

Have you ever been able to do a very hard job easily but a very easy job hardly

Halichoeres

If I'm understanding the question correctly, then...yes?

[side note: what on earth is a holy horse descendant? Like, are some foals sacred?]

Have you ever identified a plant by the taste of its leaves?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

What I mean that one of the Religious leaders of my people owned a horse, and that horse led to a line of descendants, that are currently alive to my knowledge. One of them smacked my face. I know I may sound like a religious fruit cake, but that was actually kind of cool.

Yes, basil, and mint

Have you ever searched something out of curiosity , only to find something terrible that cost you a lot

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No, but I do know of people who spent and arm and a leg on something only to not like it.

Have you ever had a food you used to really like and then have it so often you don't like it anymore?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Yeah, it's been known to happen. During quarantine I stopped eating takeout for a while, and I got pretty tired of everything I know how to cook.

Have you ever felled a tree?

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres same here, only now I'm eating again, and I'm not too much of a fan of it. Before I'd eat at least twice a week

And yes, I did

Have you ever had a dream that felt unnaturaly real

indohyus

Occasionally.

Have you ever played a monster hunter game?

Halichoeres

No, but I have occasionally seen the figures in dinosaur lots on auction sites and been briefly intrigued before realizing they were fictional animals.

Have you ever re-read a beloved book from your youth and realized it wasn't actually very good?

Loon

No, I rarely read books as is; so, Froggy and Geronimo Stilton are safe, for now...

Have you ever found yourself literally frozen in fear?

Halichoeres

Not that I can recall. My abject terror looks more flailing.

Have you ever become friends with someone you initially disliked?

Stegotyranno420

Lots of people. Especially some people here. Infact, they became some of my best friends

Have you ever became enemies with someone you looked up too, and started to hate them

indohyus

No fortunately.

Have you ever been to a dog racing track?

Halichoeres

Not that I can recall. Just horse racing.

Have you ever scaled a building?

Newt

Not a very tall one, but I used to occasionally scale the old two-story farmhouse I lived in.

Have you ever eaten weeds or wild plants you foraged?

Stegotyranno420

I wish i hadn't, i was 4 or 5

Have you ever tried to find cognates within languages(for example, Hindi Dant, Punjabi Dand, English Tooth, Greek Odontos, Latin Dentis all come from a rootword

Halichoeres

All the time. It's extremely useful for helping students remember clade names and anatomical terms.

Have you ever used a marshmallow blowgun?

indohyus

No. I never even heard of one til now.

Have you ever been fishing?

Newt

Many times. Not much lately, unfortunately.

Have you ever swung on a vine, Tarzan-style?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: