News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 02, 2022, 05:16:03 PMYeah, but only because I've spoken Spanish in places where Portuguese or French are more common, so it's not quite as coincidental.

Have you ever a snack food (Cheetos, candy, etc.) by tipping the bag into your mouth, so as not to get your fingers grimy?
Still coincidental,, but not as coincidental as one will expect

My brother does that with his chips.

Have you ever whipped someone with a jump rope(I swear it was unintentional)

Halichoeres

I don't think so, but when I was young I got up to all sorts of mischief, accidental and otherwise, that I don't really remember.

Have you ever gotten a fortune cookie fortune that really attacked you?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

I kind of wish I had, all of mine are super cheesy. I'd rather have a fortune cookie that says something like "invasion starts at 600-run" than "good luck is coming your way"

Have you ever seen a teacher accidentally talk about their divorce during class(it was a zoom meeting hence it was easier for her to lose her guard, she was unmuted)

Halichoeres

Yeah, although long ago and in an in-person class.

Have you ever trapped a wasp in your house and put it outside?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Yes,  and even some hornets.

Have you ever worn a dinosaur costume?

Stegotyranno420

Yes when I was five on my first Halloween

Have you ever did a pull up with just your index fingers supporting you?

Newt

Yes, but not lately.  :-[

Have you ever snorkeled in a stream?

Stegotyranno420

Nope.

Have you ever broken a fence by accident

Halichoeres

Yes, definitely. Probably also on purpose.

Have you ever drawn/painted a mural?

Newt

Yes.

Have you ever lost your taste for a food you used to enjoy?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, unfortunately. What makes it worse that it is usually healthy foods.

Has the reverse ever happened to you?

Halichoeres

Yes, when I was young I hated mustard, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, etc. Of course Brussels sprouts taste better than they used to.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle on a highway?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2022, 03:10:14 PMYes, when I was young I hated mustard, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, etc. Of course Brussels sprouts taste better than they used to.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle on a highway?

No mustard, eh? Just don't try to put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago.

I have ridden a bicycle on a highway. About 15 years ago when they had paved the new highway going through my hometown but not yet opened it my dad and I biked it. Now there's cars going 70 on it.

Have you ever seen phosphorescent organisms in person?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 05, 2022, 04:46:36 PMNo mustard, eh? Just don't try to put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago.

I have ridden a bicycle on a highway. About 15 years ago when they had paved the new highway going through my hometown but not yet opened it my dad and I biked it. Now there's cars going 70 on it.

Have you ever seen phosphorescent organisms in person?

Cars, like ketchup, ruin everything.

I think that technically scorpions are phosphorescent, so yes. Fun to hunt with blacklights in the desert night.

Have you ever correctly identified a blind bag item by touch while it was still in its package?

Stegotyranno420

Not a blind bag as in a toy, but a similar situation did occur.

Have you ever introduced two friends to eachothrr only for them to hit it off and become closer to eachother than to you

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 06, 2022, 09:46:42 PMNot a blind bag as in a toy, but a similar situation did occur.

Have you ever introduced two friends to eachothrr only for them to hit it off and become closer to eachother than to you

Sort of, but the other way around. Friend introduced me to another friend and we became closer than I was with the friend that introduced me to em.

Have you ever lost a figure outside that was valuable? (can be valuable personally or money-wise)
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

No, all I lost were cheaposaurs, but 4 year old me still felt such pain in the separation. 

Have you ever blew a chance at getting a great figure because you were unable to appreciate scientific accuracy at the time(I still can't believe I chose the schleich Giga over Carnegies

CityRaptor

No. ( And seriously the Schleich one? How can anyone chose that over literally any Giga on the market? Even when not taking scientific accuracy into effect, that thing is so ugly!)

Have you ever brought something just because it was exclusive?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lynx

Yes, a carnegie giga. Already had a giga, and preferred it, but stuff like that is sometimes hard to come by, so I bought it even though I am not a huge fan of it.

Have you ever gotten the wrong figure after ordering something, but it ended up being better than what you would have gotten?

Edit: not sure if the giga counts as exclusive, but there's limited stock of it so..
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

No, but that'll be cool
As for the giga, there will be better options in the future, and while nostalgic and charming I'm not gonna pay 90 bucks for it  ;) but thanks tho.
avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor what do you expect from a first grader honestly. Also carengiet was a bit more expensive so that's why

Have you ever biked in 100 + degrees (F)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: