News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

Yes, but not very fast...

Have you ever come up with a great idea for a new product, and then learned that it already exists?

Stegotyranno420

So many times

Have you ever felt cold in one part and hot in another

Halichoeres

Definitely.

Have you ever drunk water from a hose?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Never

Have you ever tried to see if a umbrella will reduce your fall from a safe distance(as a little kid)

Newt

No, but I did try the same thing with plastic grocery bags. For science!

Have you ever been zapped by household current?

Halichoeres

I don't think so, actually! Odd because I'm generally pretty accident prone.

Have you ever done a back flip, in any context over any surface?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bowhead Whale

Tried many times. Never succeeded and I really hurt myself once trying to do so.

Have you ever given away a figuere and regreted it afterwards?

ceratopsian

No I haven't. I've not yet given one away at all. I have thought about it though!

Have you ever lent a book and regretted it?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, but not by much, as I finished that book. It was a book with brain games and math Riddles, which I lent to a boy in my 5th grade class.

Have you ever scored amazingly on an exam, but it didn't get added in the grade book because the majority else got a bad scote

Concavenator

No, I have never seen that happen...

Have you ever got stung by a wasp?

ceratopsian

Several times, though not recently. Most memorably when I crossed my legs during a German lesson and trapped one.

Have you ever been stung by a plant?

Newt

Yes.

Have you ever literally put a feather in your cap?

Pliosaurking

Yes I think so

Have you ever went to the Amazon Rainforest?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No, that would require a passport which I still don't have.

Have you ever watched/read/consumed a piece of fiction which changed your outlook on things?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Yes, I think that happens to everyone to some degree.

Have you ever developed your own writing systems out of boredom

ceratopsian

Almost. I developed a writing system when I was very young but out of fascination, not boredom. I wanted one for the fantasy world I created.

Have you ever been embarrassed when trying to speak one language, only to find a word from a more familiar foreign language inserts itself unexpectedly?

Stegotyranno420

If I understood the question, yes, when I speak Spanish, I mix up Punjabi, or Latin.

Have you ever watched a seemingly harmless children's show, only realize the adult content jokes between the lines?

Newt

Yes.

Have you ever attended a concert in a cave?

Halichoeres

Nope, just a canyon.

Have you ever pet a bison calf? (Please do not try to pet an adult bison, or a wild one--mine was on a farm.)

Stegotyranno420

No. But I do hope to see one(from a safe distance of course)

Have you ever seen a wild boar-in your street?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: