News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Creations studios updates and images

Started by sfstudios, March 25, 2012, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sfstudios on March 26, 2012, 02:00:35 AM
Here is my Baby Stegosaur model that was a order for the Houston Museum of Natural Science, they also asked for a infant stegosaur as well ,still have that one to do yet but will post pics of it too when done. hope they like it.

Good lord...look at all that detail ! ;D

How could they not like it ? I already love it. ;)

Jeremy K9

That Stegosaurus looks beautiful. Chris is right about the crazy amount of detail. I think the museum will be very pleased with this piece.  :)

Joel

That's it, now I am going to have to send Shane my 1/18 JP style Tyrannosaurus by Galileo so he can paint it like the T. rex from JP3. I tried painting it like that, but I can't do it justice. I'll e-mail you Shane when I strip the paint off and have the funds.  :D

Tylosaurus

hmm your models might prove for JP4 maybe, damn they look real, really, very nice craftsmanship you got there sfstudios :P

Roktman

Hey Shane,
FWIW

Irfanview is a good free image program for your images. You can fix the color, sharpness and a ton of other things. ... including changing (reducing/enlarging) image size.
And no I have no financial stake in Irfanview. Just a happy user

Kev

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roktman on March 29, 2012, 03:56:11 AM
Hey Shane,
FWIW

Irfanview is a good free image program for your images. You can fix the color, sharpness and a ton of other things. ... including changing (reducing/enlarging) image size.
And no I have no financial stake in Irfanview. Just a happy user

Kev

Same here. It's free and I use it as well.

sfstudios

Im painting up a Torvosaurus for WF and wanted to get your honest opinions im not sure about the Purple hue around the shoulders , trying something different. :-\

[attachment msg=3789][/attachment]
Shane Foulkes

Himmapaan

postsaurischian

If I had sent you this model I would command you to stop immediately and leave it just the way it is >:D!
The paintjob is absolutely marvelous and I would love to call it mine!!!

Sumo

"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Tylosaurus

0onarcissisto0

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

paleoferroequine

Fantastic!  Beautiful sculpt and color. The purple goes well with the grays and the reddish color.

Dyscrasia

That is beyond amazing! The sculpt itself was already fascinating, and that elaborate paintjob gave it life.

It's also really awesome to see that while you are a top notch paleoartist, you always show tons of respect to other paleoartists.

copper

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sfstudios on March 31, 2012, 08:57:55 PM
Im painting up a Torvosaurus for WF and wanted to get your honest opinions im not sure about the Purple hue around the shoulders , trying something different. :-\

Looks really cool..it's different but interesting. I'd def be happy to own this one myself.

sfstudios

Thanks all of you for the comments i appreciate it alot. Well i was going to change the purple hue to a green but now i see that i should leave it as is. I owe some of my sculpting success to others like David Krentz and Tony Mcvey and others who have pushed the bar high and forced me to not only learn from studying thier work but taking critisizim and keeping my ego in my back pocket, thus allowing me to grow in knowlege and pushed me to a greater talant . I always trying to improve and having other artist like the above mentioned keeps me honest and humble and stops me from thinking my work is good enough. also thanks to Steve Riojas for inspiring my painting skills to what they are today, also room for improvement and will keep at it.

[attachment msg=3850][/attachment]
Shane Foulkes

Tylosaurus

That is a sweet Steggy Shane :)  I always inspired your work a lot hehe, one day after I have upgraded my Dual Opterons here I plan to buy your Scale 1:15 Tylosaurus and let it be painted by Copper me thinks :) Due to that I have too shaky hands to fulfill such a job these days heh.

Takama

Back in 2009, me and my dad went to the Morrison formation in Colorado. in addition to those baby stegos
there was this Apatoesaurus displayed as well.

I edited this picture when i first discovered your models available on Dans Dinosaurs
And i wish my dad was still around to realize it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a great paint job on Shane's Apato..I like the pattern a lot..one day I just might get it with that scheme..thanks for further tempting an addict.. ;D

Shane, that is some sage wisdom right there. So many artists fail when the ego is brought into play..and I've seen several go a bad way when they don't think ahead.  If an artist ever really thinks he's done with something then he won't grow anymore after all.. now knowing when to stop that's something else.. lol ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: