News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Takama on July 07, 2017, 04:29:28 AM
WElp      Say good by to ALL the photos in the Faunacasts Archive  ::)

Thank you photobucket, i hope you perish >:(

I will point out that Malcolm's photos are still available here:

http://s478.photobucket.com/user/malcolmmlodoch/library/?sort=6&page=1

Save them while you can.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

I used to write a web comic and I'm pretty sure photobucket is the only place those images are stored. I'd better get to downloading.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 07, 2017, 02:25:07 PM

Save them while you can.

I downloaded as many as i could   but there is no way i could save them all

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on July 07, 2017, 10:49:32 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 07, 2017, 02:25:07 PM

Save them while you can.

I downloaded as many as i could   but there is no way i could save them all

I think Patrx is helping with this.

WarrenJB

Quote from: Reptilia on June 30, 2017, 09:36:21 PMPeople using Flickr have any problem? I think it requires an account, right? Can you access with a Yahoo ID?

Very few; yup; and yup. I went sniffing around Flickr years ago and found I had a terabyte of space waiting for me because I already had a Yahoo account. Score! The problems I've experienced are:

- grabbing the provided bbcode link for uploaded photos can be almost impossible with some android browsers. (I use a tablet for most of my web browsing, though this is one reason why I still go to my laptop for processing and uploading photos)
- the Flickr app seems built for taking and instantly uploading phone camera pics - more transient soshul meeja than photography record tool. But it's easily ignored.
- as was mentioned, the copy'n'paste bbcode link comes with an extra 'meh by blah on Flickr' caption-link attached on the end. It's simplicity itself to highlight that and whick it off before hitting 'post', though.

Overall, fairly minor speedbumps.

On the topic of Yahoo: I wonder if other photo hosts will be so quick to follow PB's example, given the fairly extensive and public blunder it seems to be. Although I remember when Yahoo had their own 'make it better by making it unusable' rush of dumb to the brain, when they almost killed Yahoogroups. What can you do, except back stuff up and try elsewhere?

nwfonseca

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 07:39:53 PM
I personally use Deviantart.com if your the actual artist of the pics your posting and I also use Facebook to host photos as well as videos ( they will automatically re-size files to a smaller manageable size ) and larger files on Photobucket.  All of those are free to sign up and use.

You use your DA images? Does it work the same way as photobucket or do you have to use sta.sh? I don't mind changing my images as I don't have too much posted. If I can use DA that would save me time.

Reptilia

I wanted to fix all my broken images but for some reason https://postimages.org/ doesn't work for me. I've uploaded a couple of pics but when I tried to edit the post here with the links the images didn't show up in the preview. I don't know, I think I'm going to let go and leave all my old images as they are.

sauroid

did you click "Hotlink for forums"?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Reptilia on July 28, 2017, 09:01:01 PM
I wanted to fix all my broken images but for some reason https://postimages.org/ doesn't work for me. I've uploaded a couple of pics but when I tried to edit the post here with the links the images didn't show up in the preview. I don't know, I think I'm going to let go and leave all my old images as they are.

Test post one here and I'll look at the code to see if I can work out what's wrong.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on July 28, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

Did you go into the image, click "Share", then when the links come up select "Direct Link"? That plus the image code here should do the trick.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

Ok, went through all my posts and fixed all the broken pics. I've registered an account at Postimage, so hopefully now all my uploads should be safe. I have also resized most of them, just to avoid troubles with loading big files.

sauroid

ive been trying to open the postimages site and seems like the photo hosting site is currently experiencing some issue (corrupted/hacked/compromised). are you having the same problem?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

Just visited Postimage and noticed that the single image page is now full of adverts, unlike before as far as I can remember. I hope they won't go the Photobucket route and make the site practically unusable.

sauroid

are you also having problems viewing postimages pics now?

RobinGoodfellow

..personally I'm using Flickr from 2015 and I had very small problems with it (and very few adverts )..
:)

ceratopsian

I too use Flickr now.  I find it very easy to upload.  I am also fed up with being shown images of "glamorous" women advertising for a man when I view postimage photos, along with performance enhancing products!

DinoToyForum

I worry about Postimage.

I think Flickr should be the official recommended image host for Dinotoyforum. The only trouble is that the raw .jpg url seems to be difficult to find.

sauroid

well, postimage is "back to normal". would try Flickr someday.

*ads that i see on my postimage page are cryptocurrency/bitcoin ads. idk why since if they are tracing my IP's "profile" im not into the crypto business and such.*

Jose S.M.

How weird, I never get any big ads on postimage, and I don't have any ad block enabled, but I've read from various people here that they are.

sauroid

to be fair, i only see about 2 or 3 small (unobtrusive) ads and i never get pop-ups.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: