News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Dimensions for the Papo Archaeopteryx as follows:

Dimensions of the new for 2014 Papo Archaeopteryx model.
Length = 12.5cm
Wingspan = 13.5cm
Height = 6.5cm

Based on an approximate wingspan of Archaeopteryx lithographica being around 50cm we calculate that the new Papo model will be in 3.75 scale approx.
No launch date announced by Papo (no manufacture date either), but we will find out more as we (Everything Dinosaur) have a meeting with Papo senior management shortly.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hermes888

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on December 31, 2013, 06:04:31 PM
Dimensions for the Papo Archaeopteryx as follows:

Dimensions of the new for 2014 Papo Archaeopteryx model.
Length = 12.5cm
Wingspan = 13.5cm
Height = 6.5cm

Based on an approximate wingspan of Archaeopteryx lithographica being around 50cm we calculate that the new Papo model will be in 3.75 scale approx.
No launch date announced by Papo (no manufacture date either), but we will find out more as we (Everything Dinosaur) have a meeting with Papo senior management shortly.
Can you tell us if the figure does indeed have a scaly neck?

s.foulkes

The Dilopho is the Allosaur body with different head and tail, I hate that they do this. new figure mean new not the same with changes. they did this with the Styraco and Pachy too. uh.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on December 31, 2013, 07:18:45 PM
The Dilopho is the Allosaur body with different head and tail, I hate that they do this. new figure mean new not the same with changes. they did this with the Styraco and Pachy too. uh.

It's the same artist with the same pose Shane, but I don't think it's the same body..there seem to be other differences in it. 

The Styracosaurus was the original I think..though they did do it with the Pachyrhinosaurus.

CityRaptor

The Dilo also has a different pose. Seems like one of the arms is touching the ground. So it is more comparable to the way the Carnegie Giganotosaurus and Concavenator resemble each other.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 01, 2014, 12:36:16 AM
The Dilo also has a different pose. Seems like one of the arms is touching the ground. So it is more comparable to the way the Carnegie Giganotosaurus and Concavenator resemble each other.

That's my thinking.

Concavenator

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 10:50:11 AM
More info regarding Papo's Archaeopteryx:
http://ezinearticles.com/?New-for-2014-Papo-Introduce-a-Model-of-Archaeopteryx&id=820716
It says it'll released by summer.

Your link doesn't direct to an article on the papo archeopteryx . It's about working out or some such ?

Concavenator

Blade-of-the-Moon

There you go.

Of particular interest, aside from the release date, should be this : " The head and neck are devoid of feathers but are covered in coarse scales instead. The animal is depicted with its mouth wide open as if roaring (or should that be chirping like a bird), the teeth are clearly shown. On top of the head there is a comb of red, soft tissue and a few tufts of blue coloured feathers running down the back of the neck. The three-fingered claws on each hand can clearly be seen and each claw is painted jet black. "

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I like the sound of this model a lot, even if it does have a scaly head, and will definitely get it.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Everything_Dinosaur

We think both the Dilophosaurus and the Archaeopteryx will have articulated lower jaws, in a similar fashion to those seen on most of the Theropods in the current Papo range.  Hope to get more information after next meeting with Papo in about three weeks.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds about right..at least for the Dilo.

DyingAtheist

Really like all three on the front page actually, though I've got the Sideshow Dilo on the way so it may be a bit pointless picking that up. There's something about these Papo ones that looks a bit less "cheap" than others for 2014, coming from somebody who has literally no figurines yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have the Sideshow Carno but still picked up the Papo one. It's cool having a simialr piece I can pick up and look at, take of and leave on my desk here without worry if get damaged.  ;)

Concavenator

Does anyone knows when will be the 2014 Papo Toy Fair?I don't know why,I can't visit their website.
I really want to see those 3 in person  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 04, 2014, 07:45:16 AM
Does anyone knows when will be the 2014 Papo Toy Fair?I don't know why,I can't visit their website.
I really want to see those 3 in person  :)

Not sure. There are a few in this thread though..I'm sure more be posted soon.

Concavenator

We'd actually get more info regarding Papo's 2014 releases next week right?  ???
I'm also looking forward to see the release dates.I really need the Dilophosaurus  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Should be soon. I'm sure you'll see it here first. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: